Welcome DONE DEAL- O'meara being held over a barrel by that stain of a human

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who possibly saw this coming???? Came straight out of nowhere!!

TerrificHappyBagworm.gif
Never gets old.;)

Hope his knees are no worse than Burgoynes. And he was meant to be finished. Exciting news. I'm sure the Hawks will do a thorough due diligence and get him over. Would this also mean they're still in the hunt for Mitchell and Vickery?

Jaeger O’Meara has nominated Hawthorn Football Club as his preferred destination in the upcoming trade period.

Hawthorn Recruiting and List Manager Graham Wright said:

“Jaeger has indicated he wants to be at Hawthorn in 2017 and we are keen to make this happen.

“We fully respect that Jaeger is a Gold Coast player and we will work closely with the Suns in the lead up to the trade period to ensure we can get an appropriate deal done.”

The club will make no further comment at this time.
* respecting Gold Coast. They're a disgusting rabble.

Land this deal and Vickery and Mitchell and we will have assured ourselves of a premiership in each decade since the 60's. That is what we need to plan for now. Strike early in the 2020's and take first place in the premierships ladder.

O'meara is a huge pickup. Club definitely taking the risks recently trying to get elite young talent, O'rourke, Garlett, O'Meara, Burton, Lovell (putting him in 36).

Has there been any updates on his knee? He had a clean out as we know, but was there anything related to his long term Patella issue? From what we know he came back, played and then had a clean out which is unrelated. What is the go there?

Has there been any updates on his knee? He had a clean out as we know, but was there anything related to his long term Patella issue? From what we know he came back, played and then had a clean out which is unrelated. What is the go there?

Yeah this is what I have been wondering also.

Would he be able to complete the full pre season at this stage?

what do you think you guys will be giving up for him? Personally, I think there is a lot to play out still. GC seemed very adamant that they would only accept the best possible deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The melt is real, just saw this on JOMs wiki....

"He missed the opening match in 2015 after knee surgery. After missing the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons through injury, he requested a trade from Gold Coast to the FLOGGIEST OF FLOGS FLOGTHORN in August 2016.[8]"

LOL

Hawks always offer fair deals and clubs never send players to the PSD. Now that the club has announced it I am confident he will come to Hawthorn. It sounds like so too will Vickery as a free agent.

I'm not bothered by salary cap issues. Our veterans are playing for peanuts and any recruits' contracts will be heavily back-ended given the pending retirements. The issue will be trade currency.

Vickery obviously comes for free but if we want JOM and Mitchell we will need to cough up a bit. The value of both are being overplayed in the media. Mitchell is worth a mid first round pick, around the 10-12 mark. Swans fans have been calling for him to be dropped since last week. Our first pick this year or next year plus maybe a sweetener (ie. an exchange of other picks) should get the job done on Mitchell.

JOM is not worth two top 10 picks as being reported. He would have been 2 years ago but that is nonsense for a guy who has not played in 2 years. One of the first round picks plus whatever we get for Hill (whose value is roughly a late first round pick) should be more than enough.

The likelihood is that GC won't want picks but using that currency we should be able to get players to them from other clubs (players like Hartlett). We will get it done.

The melt is real, just saw this on JOMs wiki....

"He missed the opening match in 2015 after knee surgery. After missing the entire 2015 and 2016 seasons through injury, he requested a trade from Gold Coast to the FLOGGIEST OF FLOGS FLOGTHORN in August 2016.[8]"

LOL

OH my..the world has gone bananas over Hawthorn. Imagine of we came from the jaws of defeat to win 4 in a row. Will be a national day of mourning for everyone except us Hawks.

what do you think you guys will be giving up for him? Personally, I think there is a lot to play out still. GC seemed very adamant that they would only accept the best possible deal
Really don't think the Hawks have to offer that much as the CEO stated he wants like for like player, so I'm guessing that Woodward or Webster might be as close as what we have for players that have hardly played any footy for two years.
In reality and unlike Dudoro, Wright has made a name out of getting things done in a fair and reasonable way, so this will get done.
First round pick, this or next season (who knows) and a fringe best 22 player should get it done. For mine it would be a fringe player and a second rounder as you guys are giving nothing, my suggestion would get vetoed from AFL house and mediation would have to take place, but hey I'm not Wrighty.

Is there a game Friday?? Exciting times ahead regardless what happens from here on in.

Is there a game Friday?? Exciting times ahead regardless what happens from here on in.
You are right but this news kind of lifts the vibe a bit after the drama if last Friday, I remember somebody being somewhat gutted.
No looking in the rearview from here on in this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back