Done Deal - Port swap Farmer for Schulz

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely nothing about this trade makes sense. Assuming Lower is to be delisted, three days ago we had two small defenders on our list (Surj and Farmer) and 6 tall defenders (Carlile, Chaplin, Chad, Pettigrew, Stewart, Trengove). So we decided to trade one of our two small defenders, who is only 20, for another tall defender who is 24 and hasn't shown anything of substance in 7 years! WTF?

link
“I’m ecstatic to come home and play at a club like Port Adelaide which demands perfection and success,” Schulz said.

“Being a South Australian boy I always kept an eye on how Port Adelaide were going so now I’m really excited to be able to play at the club and try and make an impact myself.

“I actually got some phone calls from a few of the boys today which I appreciated a lot and it just shows how professional the club is.”
link

As I said on the D&T board, Rodan was an elite junior who was a regular first teamer largely played out of position in a forward pocket at Richmond before doing his ACL.

Rodan was an absolute freak as a junior.

A large reason he slipped in the draft was his height (and also the 2001 draft is the strongest draft we'll ever see most probably).

At richmond, he was constantly played as a forward pocket, and I remember rodan said that the biggest difference about being at port is that he has been able to learn about how he can improve as a player.

Absolutely nothing about this trade makes sense. Assuming Lower is to be delisted, three days ago we had two small defenders on our list (Surj and Farmer) and 6 tall defenders (Carlile, Chaplin, Chad, Pettigrew, Stewart, Trengove). So we decided to trade one of our two small defenders, who is only 20, for another tall defender who is 24 and hasn't shown anything of substance in 7 years! WTF?

It's fair to say with the number of tall defenders on our list particularly Jackson Trengove that Schultzy babes will be played up forward, who knows it might even make the Westy's try to earn their spot....

More likely it will see Nick Salter on his arse with the Eagles. I bet he's beginning to wish he didn't just sign a two year contract.

jay-nash-schulz-news.jpg

That's from the article. It's Shane Tuck not Jay Schulz in that picture. Oh dear. :D

"Just shows how professional the club is.”
Quoted from Jay Schulz himself. :eek:

Well good on him, hope he enjoys the SANFL over the next couple of years. Perhaps he should've got off his ass and acted professionally for the 7 years he was at Richmond. He's been a waste of space and I'm glad he's gone.

I don't think I have ever had a bigger change of heart about a player in my life. At the point before this trade I thought Jay's career was played out.....he was a failed AFL footballer. Now, I wouldn't prefer anyone else in my side. His efforts at times have been herculean and he typifies Port Adelaide as much, if not more, than anyone the club has seen in my lifetime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More likely it will see Nick Salter on his arse with the Eagles. I bet he's beginning to wish he didn't just sign a two year contract.

Prophetic

Not so much

Underrated forward outside of Adelaide I reckon, rarely misses and has no care for his body in contests. The most important player (structurally speaking at least) on our team.

Well good on him, hope he enjoys the SANFL over the next couple of years. Perhaps he should've got off his ass and acted professionally for the 7 years he was at Richmond. He's been a waste of space and I'm glad he's gone.
Nice.

Hmmm. Well I am happy I didn't judge too early on this one like poor gp did.

I asked the question earlier this year on the main board - If we can all agree he is an elite kick, elite mark on the lead/in the air, workrate and courage in spades, then why is he not rated as an elite player? Nobody seems to know why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back