No Oppo Supporters Double-Death-Riding Carlton 2019 Edition - Currently Pick 1 and 19

What month will Bolton be sacked?

• April

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • June

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • July

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • August

• September

• He won't get the sack this year

Votes: 22 78.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
...recruiting bonanza?

do they have a different definition of bonanza over there?

Which of Kelly, Otten, Lynch, Jenkins, CEY, Atkins, Murphy, Knight, Hartigan, would they consider a bonanza for their 2020 1st which is likely to be pick 1 or 2? Or are these to good for their standards and should be adding Polholke and McKay

It would make negotiating with GC for Rankine and Lukosious pretty interesting.

Imagine the melts

It makes me sad and I will still be hoping Carlton beat Port when they play them. If I barrack for Port I feel dirty and have to spend hours in the shower scrubbing myself with a scrubbing brush until I bleed.

I feel creepy now just thinking about it.

If Port beat them the consolation is we have Carlton's draft pick. But I just couldn't barrack for Port. I just had a little throw up in my mouth at the thought.

By the way the poll results are interesting. Looks like a few Carlton supporters have weighed in with a vote, they seem to be pretty much the only ones here who think that they can win 5+ games.
Think you're safe and not need to barrack for Poot - either
* Poot beat Bloos and it helps our cause, or
* Bloos beat Poot resulting in too much hilarity

If they draw, well it's a little from column A and a little from Column B.

Think you're safe and not need to barrack for Poot - either
* Poot beat Bloos and it helps our cause, or
* Bloos beat Poot resulting in too much hilarity

If they draw, well it's a little from column A and a little from Column B.

It's true, you can't look at this in isolation.

What if Carlton won, but still came last? Best of both worlds!

9970bd286cd01aaf205ae6438d8bad6a

He won't leave Port, Contract tight, and Port can't afford to pay him out .....we want Ken to stay at Port (mediocrity rules)

Let's play a fun little game in trying to guess who Carlton's next head coach will be. Who are the next senior coaches in waiting ?? Or will the AFL make Roos coach them ?? Is it possible to have 2 polls on one thread ??

I reckon SOS. He is such a genius that coaching and list manager at the same time would be easy.

...recruiting bonanza?

do they have a different definition of bonanza over there?
Yeah....thats what i thought....bloody hilarious !!!....the delusions are unbelievable....complete unfounded optimism ???....i'll be worried for the mental health and wellbeing of their supporters soon...if they are drinking the cool aid....wow !!!

So let me get this right...

Settlefield is a boom recruit and will assist Carlton greatly in their pursuit of shooting up the ladder in 2019, however he has only managed to string 2 games together, is coming off an ACL and hasn't hit the training track as yet?

Right?? Got ya....
Even if Setterfield unexpectedly becomes a gun this season, they need another half a dozen players to massively step up too.

Half their team are going to be under the 50 game mark, which is why they will be in the bottom 2.

Only a low percentage of young players to a Doedee & become quality contributors in year 1. Most are like Milera who take a few years.

Even if Setterfield unexpectedly becomes a gun this season, they need another half a dozen players to massively step up too.

Half their team are going to be under the 50 game mark, which is why they will be in the bottom 2.

Only a low percentage of young players to a Doedee & become quality contributors in year 1.
Most are like Milera who take a few years.
Make no mistake, Carltons list is not as bad as reviews here ......but that said, this is Carltons main issue & 2019 is looking bleak

I can see 2020 seeing an upsurge, in terms of games played together, by their young list

Make no mistake, Carltons list is not as bad as reviews here ......but that said, this is Carltons main issue & 2019 is looking bleak

I can see 2020 seeing an upsurge, in terms of games played together, by their young list
We are not really going to know how good their squad is for another 2 years when half their squad which is under 50 games have played more than 50 games.

They are in for at least a couple more years pain though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are not really going to know how good their squad is for another 2 years when half their squad which is under 50 games have played more than 50 games.

The problem is this is when they lose their senior players or begin their decline

Remember when Goody retired and we went into rebuild mode .....we had some good teams player wise, but the lack of games played, made us have some ordinary results for quite a long time

You look at some of those teams now on replay & you say how the F...k were we losing

I watched a game the other night ...It was 2010 & this side couldn't get near making the final 8

This is not the game i watched ....because added to the team below was Phil Davis as a forward

ADELAIDE CROWS

B
  • Graham Johncock,
  • Ben Rutten,
  • Scott Stevens
HB
  • Michael Doughty,
  • Nathan Bock,
  • Christopher Schmidt
C
  • Nathan van Berlo,
  • Bernie Vince,
  • David Mackay
HF
  • Ricky Henderson,
  • Taylor Walker,
  • Jason Porplyzia
F
  • Rory Sloane,
  • Kurt Tippett,
  • Richard Douglas
FOL
  • Ivan Maric,
  • Scott Thompson,
  • Brent Reilly
I/C
  • Jonathon Griffin,
  • Brad Symes,
  • Chris Knights,
  • Brodie Martin

Last edited:
Remember when Goody retired and we went into rebuild mode .....we had some good teams player wise, but the lack of games played, made us have some ordinary results for quite a long time

You look at some of those teams now on replay & you say how the F...k were we losing

I watched a game the other night ...It was 2010 & this side couldn't get near making the final 8

ADELAIDE CROWS
B
  • Sam Shaw,
  • Daniel Talia,
  • Luke Brown
HB
  • Ricky Henderson,
  • Kyle Hartigan,
  • Rory Atkins
C
  • Brodie Smith,
  • Patrick Dangerfield,
  • Rory Sloane
HF
  • Rory Laird,
  • Tom Lynch,
  • Charlie Cameron
F
  • Eddie Betts,
  • Taylor Walker,
  • Josh Jenkins
FOL
  • Sam Jacobs,
  • Scott Thompson,
  • Richard Douglas
I/C
  • Nathan Van Berlo,
  • Riley Knight,
  • Matt Crouch
SUB
  • Jarryd Lyons
That doesn't look like a 2010 team to me.

Atkins started 2013 for one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

That doesn't look like a 2010 team to me.

Atkins started 2013 for one.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Sorry .....in my reserach i omitted to see the date 2015 .....my search was 2010 ....back in a minute with the correct team :oops:

The problem is this is when they lose their senior players or begin their decline
Yes, Carlton's huge problem is a lack of quality mid age players which they have traded away, so when their older 4 give it away (Simpson, Murohy, Thomas & Kreuzer), they are going to be even more reliant on their kids.

Cant wait for Carlton to lose their grand final in R1, this thread will be rocking.
Just think how angry the tigers are with themselves in the way they layed down in the finals last year.. they were Premiership favourites all year and started buying into the hype surrounding them big time!.

Now think of how hungry the tigers will be come round 1 this year.. the tigers will want to make a big statement. im glad its not the crows playing them..

Just think how angry the tigers are with themselves in the way they layed down in the finals last year.. they were Premiership favourites all year and started buying into the hype surrounding them big time!.

Now think of how hungry the tigers will be come round 1 this year.. the tigers will want to make a big statement. im glad its not the crows playing them..

Then add in that Carlton are injury ravaged.

I doubt Carlton will keep the losing margin under 10 goals & 100+ point loss massacre is likely.

Then add in that Carlton are injury ravaged.

Richmond $1.18
Carlton $4.75

Ouch

just had a peep at the Carlton Board and I have to say that their delusion in expecting us to miss finals is something to behold and their faith in SOS to get a better player in the draft even if we have pick 5 and they have pick 10 or 11. I wager Haggis would still select a better player even if we had pick 20 and they had pick 5. Faith in SOS is delusional

Reid=SOS, Ogilvie=?? SOS may end up being a shitful list manager, but he’s unlikely to be assembling Carlton’s talent order.

Yes, Carlton's huge problem is a lack of quality mid age players which they have traded away, so when their older 4 give it away (Simpson, Murohy, Thomas & Kreuzer), they are going to be even more reliant on their kids.

I agree but the young midfield talent they’ve assembled has serious potential; it’ll take a while to kick in though and Docherty going down again is terrible for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back