List Mgmt. Draft Discussion 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Do a top 10 draft for shits and giggles.
* that... I'm not screwing around with that bidding s**t! :expressionless:

But;
Pick 1 - Essendon: Will Brodie
Pick 2 - Brisbane: Hugh McCluggage
Pick 3 - Fremantle: Todd Marshall*
Pick 4 - GCS: Jack Bowes**
Pick 5 - Carlton: Andy McGrath
Pick 6 - Richmond: Tim English
Pick 7 - GWS: Macreadie/Setterfield**
Pick 8 - Melbourne: Ben Ainsworth
Pick 9 - Port Adelaide: Dan Venables
Pick 10 - St Kilda: Tim Taranto

*likely traded for Cam McCarthy.
**matching probable bid.

Will probably be nowhere near it... :tearsofjoy:

**** that... I'm not screwing around with that bidding s**t! :expressionless:

But;

**matching probable bid.

I thought melb gave their pick to gc? Imo the talent drops off bang on our pick unfortunately.

I thought melb gave their pick to gc? Imo the talent drops off bang on our pick unfortunately.
Did they? Fair enough. I'm too tired to pay close attention.

FWIW, I don't agree; the 'Sandy Three' of Scrimshaw, Taranto and Florent will be very good players and have scope to improve from where they're already at. Scharenberg, Gallucci, Berry etc will all be good players.

I'd be delighted with Taranto on his form this year.

But;

**matching probable bid.

Fremantle taking marshall would be the best thing ever. The s**t storm it would create over here would rival freo sacking harvey

Fingers crossed!!!!

Fremantle taking marshall would be the best thing ever. The s**t storm it would create over here would rival freo sacking harvey

Fingers crossed!!!!
Why a s**t storm?

Depending on McCarthy, they have an injury-prone Apeness, a fossilised Pavlich and a so-so Taberner.

Why a s**t storm?

Depending on McCarthy, they have an injury-prone Apeness, a fossilised Pavlich and a so-so Taberner.
Trained with freo in the offseason and has already been chalked in at their pick by their supporters. People have been salivating over him for 12 plus months now

Dont get me wrong, i get your logic and i agree they need a tall and the situation you identified is spot on. Not sure theyre game enough though

Trained with freo in the offseason and has already been chalked in at their pick by their supporters. People have been salivating over him for 12 plus months now

Dont get me wrong, i get your logic and i agree they need a tall and the situation you identified is spot on. Not sure theyre game enough though

Who? SPS?

Begley is IN!! #MyBoy :D
Who is in the National Combine but not in AFL Draft Central's Phantom Draft?

Isaac Cumming
Sam Fisher
Ben Long
Tony Olango
Brandan Parfitt
Elliot Himmelberg
Will Hayward
Mitchell Hinge
Tyson Stengle
Sean Darcy
Bailey Morrish
Mitchell McCarthy
Esava Ratugolea
Judah Dundon
Oscar Junker
Patrick Lipinski
Liam Baker
Cameron Zurhaar

Who is in AFL Draft Central's Phantom Draft but not in the National Combine?

Luke Bunker
Jamie Hampton
Reece Piper
Steven Slimming
Kym Lebois
Jarrod Korewha
Dylan Whimpress
Brodie Romensky
Campbell Lane
Jack Rolls
Sam Fowler
Ari Sakeson
Nick Larkey
Jake Pitman
Luke Strnadica
Peter Ladhams
Noah Hura
Daniel Charlesworth
Bailey Banfield
Corey Lyons
Liam Ryan
Tye Bedford
James Gow
Jack Roughsedge
Lachie Cameron
Tom Jok
Brayden Kirk
Kayle Kirby

Who is in the National Combine but not in AFL Draft Central's Phantom Draft?

Isaac Cumming
Sam Fisher
Ben Long
Tony Olango
Brandan Parfitt
Elliot Himmelberg
Will Hayward
Mitchell Hinge
Tyson Stengle
Sean Darcy
Bailey Morrish
Mitchell McCarthy
Esava Ratugolea
Judah Dundon
Oscar Junker
Patrick Lipinski
Liam Baker
Cameron Zurhaar

Who is in AFL Draft Central's Phantom Draft but not in the National Combine?

Luke Bunker
Jamie Hampton
Reece Piper
Steven Slimming
Kym Lebois
Jarrod Korewha
Dylan Whimpress
Brodie Romensky
Campbell Lane
Jack Rolls
Sam Fowler
Ari Sakeson
Nick Larkey
Jake Pitman
Luke Strnadica
Peter Ladhams
Noah Hura
Daniel Charlesworth
Bailey Banfield
Corey Lyons
Liam Ryan
Tye Bedford
James Gow
Jack Roughsedge
Lachie Cameron
Tom Jok
Brayden Kirk
Kayle Kirby
It's that kind of year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is the Dockers like English and are having reservations over McCarthy. It's unbelievable that there are more rumours about McCarthy than Ben Cousins. I hope the kid proves them wrong.
Surely they still take him.
They will only have to give up a second rounder it's a bairgain.
At his best worth a top10 pick

Word is the Dockers like English and are having reservations over McCarthy. It's unbelievable that there are more rumours about McCarthy than Ben Cousins. I hope the kid proves them wrong.
34 goals in you're second year isn't anything to sneeze at.

JJK entering the twilight of he's career could make things interesting.

Daddy. Don't. Pick. No. Spuds!

Bolter Josh Begley one of five Eastern Ranges players invited to attend AFL Draft Combine
d2ad4c9721e9732c4cdd08b5f779feb0

Toby Prime, Knox

"AFL draft bolter Josh Begley is one of five Eastern Ranges players who have been invited to attend this year’s combine.

Begley has made an immediate impact since kicking six goals on debut for the Ranges against Tassie Mariners in Round 4.

He came into the side on the back of 13 goals for Upper Ferntree Gully in the opening two games of the Eastern Football League Division 3 season.

Begley followed up his debut performance up with bags of three and five goals to cement his spot in the side.

He has kicked 23 goals in his 11 games for the Ranges as a goalkicking midfielder.

The other four Ranges players invited to the combine are Jordan Gallucci, Dylan Clarke, Jack Maibaum and Callum Brown.

Ranges talent manager Len Villani described Begley, who didn’t do a pre-season with the Ranges, as a combination of Ollie Wines, Christian Petracca and Stuart Dew.

Villani said Begley, who weights about 93kg and stands at 187cm, had been a revelation since coming into the side.

“Obviously he was a little way off it given he had never done a pre-season at the (TAC Cup) level,” Villani said.

“He has worked really, really hard throughout the year and just hardened up.

“He can go through the midfield, has real power, real strength over the ball, has got a really good footy brain and makes good decisions.”

Eighty players from around the country have been invited to the combine after being nominated by at least five AFL clubs.

Villani said Begley had gone from being a rough rookie chance to being considered a late selection in the draft.

“He sat down with our club dietitian and high performance manager about eight or nine weeks ago and we put it on him,” he said.

“He has done the work and continues to do the work and this is his reward for that effort.”

The combine, which tests players endurance, agility and skills with various tests, will be held at Etihad Stadium from October 6-9."

Daddy. Don't. Pick. No. Spuds!

Bolter Josh Begley one of five Eastern Ranges players invited to attend AFL Draft Combine
d2ad4c9721e9732c4cdd08b5f779feb0

Toby Prime, Knox

"AFL draft bolter Josh Begley is one of five Eastern Ranges players who have been invited to attend this year’s combine.

Begley has made an immediate impact since kicking six goals on debut for the Ranges against Tassie Mariners in Round 4.

He came into the side on the back of 13 goals for Upper Ferntree Gully in the opening two games of the Eastern Football League Division 3 season.

Begley followed up his debut performance up with bags of three and five goals to cement his spot in the side.

He has kicked 23 goals in his 11 games for the Ranges as a goalkicking midfielder.

The other four Ranges players invited to the combine are Jordan Gallucci, Dylan Clarke, Jack Maibaum and Callum Brown.

Ranges talent manager Len Villani described Begley, who didn’t do a pre-season with the Ranges, as a combination of Ollie Wines, Christian Petracca and Stuart Dew.

Villani said Begley, who weights about 93kg and stands at 187cm, had been a revelation since coming into the side.

“Obviously he was a little way off it given he had never done a pre-season at the (TAC Cup) level,” Villani said.

“He has worked really, really hard throughout the year and just hardened up.

“He can go through the midfield, has real power, real strength over the ball, has got a really good footy brain and makes good decisions.”

Eighty players from around the country have been invited to the combine after being nominated by at least five AFL clubs.

Villani said Begley had gone from being a rough rookie chance to being considered a late selection in the draft.

“He sat down with our club dietitian and high performance manager about eight or nine weeks ago and we put it on him,” he said.

“He has done the work and continues to do the work and this is his reward for that effort.”

The combine, which tests players endurance, agility and skills with various tests, will be held at Etihad Stadium from October 6-9."
Would using our second round pick be to early for him?

Would using our second round pick be to early for him?
If we had one, no, I don't think so...

You're picking him on how much improvement you think he has still in him, and on his 'ready to go' size and physique, but you do have to balance that against his size being a significant asset at underage level, and at at least some of his performances being against lesser opponents due to talent drain because of the U18 Champs.

Our 1st is way too early, but our 3rd may well be too late.

FWIW, if you want a closer to home comparison, I'd liken #MyBoy to a hybrid of Tim Membrey and Dave Armitage...

MEMBRITAGE SMASH!!! :handfist:

But;

**matching probable bid.

Why would Freo give up pick 4 for McCarthy when he is worth more like a pick 40?
Freo will also get Brad Hill for pick 21.

Freo have a weird thing for tall unco blokes.
They already have Apeness, Griffin, Clarke, Taberner and Hannath spudding it up on their list.
Do they really want another?

Surely Freo can get all Marshall, McCarthy and Hill?

Why would Freo give up pick 4 for McCarthy when he is worth more like a pick 40?
Freo will also get Brad Hill for pick 21.
Buggered if I know what will actually happen once bidding and trades are factored in, but I was asked to give a top 10 and I did.

So pipe down! :tongueclosed:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back