dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool
Haven't found a 2023 version of this yet so I thought I'd fire one up.

What would everyone say their own clubs' list needs are re: the 2023 draft? This kind of helps the rest of us map out the way certain parts of the draft may go.

For the Eagles, being somewhat early in the rebuild there is almost a bit of a blank canvas re: building the list going forward. We've added a couple of key midfield pieces last year but we could still look at add more. We're in a pretty good position to go best available at each pick with at least a tall or two likely to be on the agenda. But, other clubs will have more specific needs so have at it.

Definitely a KPD.

I also feel like Sydney still need another young inside mid, though since we are getting Cleary we may not draft one with our pick 12. Also Sydney need a Rampe replacement but I am not sure how urgent that is.

I know they have to be drafted somewhere but I always can't help but feel like drafting a ruckman is a wasted pick, mostly because you likely won't even see them play a game for 2 seasons.
Don't worry, your comments have been echoed on our board a plenty too.

If ever we were going to draft a ruck, this appears to be the year as there are a number of them and good ones too. I don't mind because we have a few years left of OBrien and if a good one can be developed, its a succession plan

KPP (Archer Reid, Zane Zakostelsky)
Good ball users (Arie Schoenmakers, Ashton Moir)
Pressure Forwards (Phoenix Gothard, Tholstrup, Collard)

Just depends on whether or not they are available at pick 29

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfielders - replacing an ageing midfield. Need to add to a group including Holmes, and Jye Clark. It’s very thin for young talent.

Key Position Forward - Hawkins has one more year. Neale may or may not be his replacement. Either way, with Cameron also closer to the end than the beginning, we need another KPF.

Small defender - Bews is nearly done. The Irishman Mullin might be an option but he’s still raw.

1) Crafty small forward, honestly probably two. We already needed a Walters replacement, now we need a more ready-to-go option to replace Schultz.
2)Fast winger
3)Maybe another medium defender, depending on how we plan to use Young and Chapman next year.

Port need a genuine goal kicking small forward to pair with Rioli.

Is there anyone with genuine speed and goal kicking ability that might be available late?

There will probably need to be concerns with commitment or fitness or something for them to be available at our picks so looking for a high risk/high reward target.

We already have the mediocre small forward covered

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back