Analysis Eagles or Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats, the rain saved us against the eagles it won't rain for the prelim
I've read many times people saying that the rain saved us... I disagree... We were storming back in the second qtr in fine conditions and for an unforgivable miss by Castagna trying to kick around the corner from in front we would've only been behind by 4 points at the half after a shocking start.
The rain came during the half time break and we controlled the game after that... the Eagles came back hard at the end and we only hung on by a goal.
Agree with pb74, we were well in control before the rains came.

At this stage of the season it doesnt really matter imo - any side can beat any side if they have a good day and/or if the other side is even slightly off. All I care about is that we play at or very near our best and the rest will take care of itself

At this stage of the season it doesnt really matter imo - any side can beat any side if they have a good day and/or if the other side is even slightly off. All I care about is that we play at or very near our best and the rest will take care of itself
Always this. If we are good enough on the night then we are in another Grand Final!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Eagles CAN be unbeatable on a day.

They can also be dissapointing. See last game against Hawthorn and a few other during the year.

I dont want a week of anxiety as to which one is going to show up.

(We also owe the Cats some floggings to make up for the ones Ive seen us on the wrong end of.)

Surely a piss take?

I think it was more coincidental as we are a good team and good teams always come back when jumped.

Thier accuracy also inflated how much they outplayed us in that dry first quarter.

But we did look better when the ball got slippery and doesnt mean we cant match then in the dry.

I think it was more coincidental as we are a good team and good teams always come back when jumped.

Thier accuracy also inflated how much they outplayed us in that dry first quarter.

But we did look better when the ball got slippery and doesnt mean we cant match then in the dry.
We turned it on in the second when it was dry. We should’ve been up at half time.

Eagles are a better team. They like the G. SO I'd want the Cats cause they'd be a bit easier.

And the other big thing is that it'd cause a meltdown in Catland. That'd be just so awesome to see.
:p

Geelong. They were in great form when they played us mid year, but have been trash for the best part of 10 weeks now. They are a different side now to the one they were pre round 14.

Eagles are a better team. They like the G. SO I'd want the Cats cause they'd be a bit easier.

And the other big thing is that it'd cause a meltdown in Catland. That'd be just so awesome to see.
:p

This. Please let it be the Cats so I can wear my Tigers merch around Geelong just to see the salty handbag tears.

Yep pretty simple equation play to our best ability and we win. Hopefully the psychs down at the club have players in good head space , worst worst possible thing our players could do is start thinking of last years prelim in a negative light .
We won in 2017 so there will be no gremlins, just listen to Astbury replying to the journos asking about last year, he was like " * really guys, move on that was last year "

Remove this Banner Ad

Back