Ebert To Tear Us A New One According To Rucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Cornes said that on 5AA last night. I believe it would be true because Patrick's pace is something that we sorely need right now.

The one that really annoyed was Chris McDermott on 10 last night saying that he would have picked Ebert over Dangerfield without hesitation. What an idiot. I guarantee that he has never seen Dangerfield play has probably never seen Ebert play, has probably never seen any of the kids from the draft play, as was evident from his joke of a mock draft. He and Rucci just spout out the first bit of garbage that they can think of.

The same McDermott who was convinced Adelaide needed to trade everything inluding a Knights or a VB for 'urinating in public' Fevola. No problems with that but then he writes an article on the weekend bagging Fevola as a wasted talent who is likely to never make it. Thank god we didnt listen to McDermott originally. I respected Mcdermott as a gutsy player since the day he retired he has been nothing but a goose. ( I apologise to any geese I may of offended)

8 goals and 40 possessions plus a few pregnancies in the crowd. Lock it in.

It's a joke innit, even if he does play well (without dominating) it won't mean s**t. I am obviously hoping he hardly sights the footy, don't let him get near it Crowies.

Hahaha quality stuff.

Is there any chance your lot will let Ebert run amock? For dream team sakes and all. It'd be muchly appreciated.

And on a more serious note, poor Reilly can't catch a break can he. Comes out, plays half a game. Grabs a lazy 20 touches, then does some random injury... Quality player, if only he can get over his bad luck.

So the question is will the Crows supporters boo Ebert?

Is he linked to Port more so than the Crows due to his cousin being there?

I'd suggest he would have been happy going the the Crows or Port.

If I was Ebert I'd like to have a good game, one to remind the Crows they should have picked me and secondly to look good in front of his home state / family.

From all I've read his is a top young bloke and we'r lucky to have him.:thumbsu:

For some reason the Eagles seems to snap up good SA player. Waters, Butler, Hurn and now Ebert. Who said nothing good comes out of Adelaide:D

I reckon out of all the ex-footballers in the media he is the one who has the LEAST idea about anything to do with the game. You can pretty much always guarantee whatever he says will happen wont and the complete opposite will!

I know Jesper Fjelsted (sic) didnt play but who do you boys think is more clueless, Jesper or McDermott? I will always remember last years article he wrote on Jamar from Melbourne being a certainty to be the next big thing in the AFL, BAHAHAHAHAHA! Should of been fired immediately. Im sure Tim Weatherald would want to belt him too

So the question is will the Crows supporters boo Ebert?

Is he linked to Port more so than the Crows due to his cousin being there?

I'd suggest he would have been happy going the the Crows or Port.

If I was Ebert I'd like to have a good game, one to remind the Crows they should have picked me and secondly to look good in front of his home state / family.

From all I've read his is a top young bloke and we'r lucky to have him.:thumbsu:

For some reason the Eagles seems to snap up good SA player. Waters, Butler, Hurn and now Ebert. Who said nothing good comes out of Adelaide:D

Boo Ebert, are you for real.. We are Adelaide not Port Adelaide mate. If anyone would get booed it would be Rendell but dont worry we have faith in Dangerfield

One thing i will give credit to Rucci for is today he put a loose accusation that Ben Cousin's 2nd half performance in the 06 prelim final might have been assisted by a certain substance that later came to light as a something he had a problem with.

Thats the big question that will never be answered and will forever taint that 2006 Eagles premiership.

I agree with Giuseppe, if Ebert gets more than 10 touches then I will check the paper to see who is on top of the ladder and commence following them for I realise the entire Ebert vs Dangerfield argument will be completely resolved tomorrow afternoon.

I also believe we are silly for having the following players in our side:

Mcleod
Edwards
Goodwin
Bassett
Massie
Doughty
Stevens
McGregor
Burton

This playas r no good n will loose us games. 2 win stuf tehse playas should be drop n replacement with:

Gallman
Sellar
Otten
Jacky
Walker
Petrenko
Dangerfield
Cook
Armstrong

This playas r cleerly r futur an we will win flagz wiv em dis year. Carltun got it rite

guys!

this is the same rooch that kept talking up matt westhoff and marlon motlop as massive contedners for ports round one team!! they both playing reserves footy this week so they mustve been reeeealllllyyy close!!! clearly the average footy supporter has more knowledge in one pubic hair than him!

Seriously, I'm so happy we didn't aim for the mediocrity of Brad Ebert and took a punt on the freakish talents of Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Giuseppe, if Ebert gets more than 10 touches then I will check the paper to see who is on top of the ladder and commence following them for I realise the entire Ebert vs Dangerfield argument will be completely resolved tomorrow afternoon.

I also believe we are silly for having the following players in our side:

Mcleod
Edwards
Goodwin
Bassett
Massie
Doughty
Stevens
McGregor
Burton

This playas r no good n will loose us games. 2 win stuf tehse playas should be drop n replacement with:

Gallman
Sellar
Otten
Jacky
Walker
Petrenko
Dangerfield
Cook
Armstrong

This playas r cleerly r futur an we will win flagz wiv em dis year. Carltun got it rite

Couldn't agree more:thumbsu:

:eek:

Seriously, I'm so happy we didn't aim for the mediocrity of Brad Ebert and took a punt on the freakish talents of Dangerfield.

So am i! ;)

The crows decision to draft Dangerfield ahead of Ebert was a controversial one, especially when you think back to how many people rated him. We definitely had to endure the same tripe when we selected Boak, although most would now agree that it was a good call. The problem for the Crows is Ebert will play more games than Dangerfield and Rucci will continue to write about it – especially if Ebert has a good debut season.
Maybe you guys should try to resurrect that “Retire Rucci” fund… :D

This Rucci character comes across as a complete tosser and from what I've gathered it seems as though the SA footy media is worse than our WA one, which is an amazing achievement.

On the other hand you guys should get on your knees and thank God every day that your club has the balls to pass up the home grown, safe choice and take a 'risk' on a player they rate more highly.

Trust an Eagles fan on this, once the media can get enough people agreeing with them, they can start to control your club. That's why we don't have Ben Cousins on our list now. (Note: I'm not saying Cousins should've played this year but it would've been great if he was still on our list for 2009).

Who's to say how both of the players are going to turn out over time?

With all the hype from the media, you would have thought Ebert was already an established star.
To be fair, I didn't know much about Ebert, so went on the net to try to find out what his record was.

Checked how many Magarey medal votes he got in 2007 - this was zero.
So checked further, and it seems he only played 5 games for the Magpies and averaged 19 disposals.

Much ado about what ifs.

I reckon out of all the ex-footballers in the media he is the one who has the LEAST idea about anything to do with the game. You can pretty much always guarantee whatever he says will happen wont and the complete opposite will!

Harsh. McDermott is a superb judge. Only a genius like McDermott could have made the prediction three years ago that John Meesen would succeed Ricciuto and become the next Crows captain. ;)

Hi Guys Not rubbing it in but glad that you guys chose Dangerfield instead of Ebert. In all reality, both clubs came up winners - AFC lacks in someone with x factor and hence wanted to take the risk on dangerfield, whereas, WCE wanted someone who can deliver the ball really well - right now we have Matt Rosa and he is a bit ordinary as far as delivery is concerned. However, I still do believe, that both young pups will serve each club very well. We do have some outstanding SA products

Hi Guys Not rubbing it in but glad that you guys chose Dangerfield instead of Ebert. In all reality, both clubs came up winners

I know you are trying to be positive about your own team and kind to us but let's admit that we just don't know which, if any of us, will be winners. It's way too early to tell. No point kidding ourselves. There is a long way to go for both of them.

What did Rucci actually say in that article that is so wrong?

Surely its a point that is obvious to be raised when Ebert plays against us?

Many on here were whingeing like three year olds when we didn't draft Ebert, so its celarly an issue.

Rucci did not really criticise anyone, other than to point out that it was ironic that the first game Ebert plays is against us.

I dislike Rucci as much as the next person but I can't see the big deal here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back