• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People get confused and become attached to personnel - forgetting that allegiance should lie with the club, no one individual/s.

Its not a monopoly, the club will be around long after Ed, Buckley etc. are finished - all (most) members want is constant improvement, with tangible structures & plans that ideally pave a way towards success both on-field & off.

What were the clubs plans leading into 2020? What is the clubs thinking going into 2021?

I love Ed and Bucks and what they have each done for our club, but i am worried that the best interests of the club going forward may mean they have to move on in an orderly, peaceful way and soon. The players love Bucks and the ass. coaches, but we have been in only 1 heartbreaking GF since 2011, and our team does not seem capable to going the next step to be a powerhouse.
I hope i am wrong.

IS the club thinking going into 2021?

I briefly checked this thread earlier today and didn't see a link to this Fox Sports article: Capture the Flag - in it were what the auther has found of all clubs.

"Collingwood works on a year-to-year basis. The Pies had a blueprint for the future drafted in 2017, but are the least formulaic in their long-term strategic planning of all clubs"

If true - WOW! The images this conjures up of discussions, if any, about strategy go on in board meetings...

I love Ed and Bucks and what they have each done for our club, but i am worried that the best interests of the club going forward may mean they have to move on in an orderly, peaceful way and soon. The players love Bucks and the ass. coaches, but we have been in only 1 heartbreaking GF since 2011, and our team does not seem capable to going the next step to be a powerhouse.
I hope i am wrong.
The club has focussed too much on rewarding favourite sons IMHO. Our last two flags were driven by “outsiders”

I briefly checked this thread earlier today and didn't see a link to this Fox Sports article: Capture the Flag - in it were what the auther has found of all clubs.

"Collingwood works on a year-to-year basis. The Pies had a blueprint for the future drafted in 2017, but are the least formulaic in their long-term strategic planning of all clubs"

If true - WOW! The images this conjures up of discussions, if any, about strategy go on in board meetings...
Frightening, isn't it?

All this angst about watching Richmond win 3 in 4 years and clearly become the biggest club in Victoria, I just don't get it.

End of the day, how many homeless did Richmond house on the weekend? Priorities people, what you thought we followed the Pies to win flags?

Chairman Ed is doing a great job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this angst about watching Richmond win 3 in 4 years and clearly become the biggest club in Victoria, I just don't get it.

End of the day, how many homeless did Richmond house on the weekend? Priorities people, what you thought we followed the Pies to win flags?

Chairman Ed is doing a great job.
Richmond are rubbish. They don’t even have a team in the national netball league.

Ed might be hard to remove because he is such a good media performer.

When interviewed about a range of the recent issues he is able to speak with a composure as if everything is all good and it comes across very convincing.

On Footy Classified this year he is able to present an answer to any issue as if it is normal football operations.

Ed might be hard to remove because he is such a good media performer.

When interviewed about a range of the recent issues he is able to speak with a composure as if everything is all good and it comes across very convincing.

On Footy Classified this year he is able to present an answer to any issue as if it is normal football operations.

He talks over people, raises his voice when being challenged and rarely answers the actual question directly. Normally deviates off the subject with some sales spin.

The Liberals should recruit him to lead their party as O’Brien being so poor has allowed them to miss a golden opportunity to gather support during lockdown 2.0

don’t come over here an Jedi mind trick us into thinking he’s what we need 😂

He talks over people, raises his voice when being challenged and rarely answers the actual question directly. Normally deviates off the subject with some sales spin.

The Liberals should recruit him to lead their party as O’Brien being so poor has allowed them to miss a golden opportunity to gather support during lockdown 2.0

don’t come over here an Jedi mind trick us into thinking he’s what we need 😂

You guys know whether he is the man to go forward. Not going to go there.

But haven't you seen a change in him this year. He seems to be taking the calm approach of everything is OK and under control and normal football business.

He avoids every question with this approach and it seems more effective bluff than the aggressive approach which he was known for.

You guys know whether he is the man to go forward. Not going to go there.

But haven't you seen a change in him this year. He seems to be taking the calm approach of everything is OK and under control and normal football business.

He avoids every question with this approach and it seems more effective bluff than the aggressive approach which he was known for.

Really? Did you miss the bit where he hooked into Geelong over Jack Stevans only to then have Degoey blow up in his face with his legal issues?

He cannot help sticking his nose into other clubs business, his role in the media makes him incompatible with his role as president. Its not like we need the publicity. The guy is a walking talking headline.

The biggest myth about Eddie is that he is a good media performer.

He is NOT!

He is not eloquent with his words. Constantly interupts others trying to commentate or provide insight.

If he is given a presenters job for another sport that he has no knowledge of, he is very poor. He's not like Bruce or Gerald that would do research on the sport/subject he is presenting, he just tries to wing it.

I remember Eddie interviewing Wayne Gretzky for a Winter Olympics broadcast and he referred to the hockey puck as a ball throughout the interview. And when he hosts the boxing, he has no idea.

Really? Did you miss the bit where he hooked into Geelong over Jack Stevans only to then have Degoey blow up in his face with his legal issues?

He cannot help sticking his nose into other clubs business, his role in the media makes him incompatible with his role as president. Its not like we need the publicity. The guy is a walking talking headline.

Yeah he pulled back some time this season.

I can see he doesnt get past you and other posters and I also see through his 'moves' or presentation strategies but he will be able appear convincing to a lot of supporters hence the difficulty in removing him if his time has come.

All teams have alot of supporters who vote and can be easily swayed by presentation and he is the master for those people.

Not sticking up for him as I dont know if he is your man in the future but he will be a hard man to remove if he wants to job and he looks like he would still be wanting to run things if six feet under.

Yeah he pulled back some time this season.

I can see he doesnt get past you and other posters and I also see through his 'moves' or presentation strategies but he will be able appear convincing to a lot of supporters hence the difficulty in removing him if his time has come.

All teams have alot of supporters who vote and can be easily swayed by presentation and he is the master for those people.

Not sticking up for him as I dont know if he is your man in the future but he will be a hard man to remove if he wants to job and he looks like he would still be wanting to run things if six feet under.

Agree, I have pretty much given up. Nothing I can do about it so odd post here and there when its topical but other than that what is the point.

Apathy is a curse and members are happy to go along believing they are the biggest and best club in the land whilst the club fades with every passing year. There is no passion anymore, he took away what made us Collingwood, yes we were feral, we were loud and sometimes over stepped the mark but we had something and now its gone.

The biggest myth about Eddie is that he is a good media performer.

He is NOT!

He is not eloquent with his words. Constantly interupts others trying to commentate or provide insight.

If he is given a presenters job for another sport that he has no knowledge of, he is very poor. He's not like Bruce or Gerald that would do research on the sport/subject he is presenting, he just tries to wing it.

I remember Eddie interviewing Wayne Gretzky for a Winter Olympics broadcast and he referred to the hockey puck as a ball throughout the interview. And when he hosts the boxing, he has no idea.
I wish someone would pay me $3M a year to be such a bad commentator/host.

Back