• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly of Cwood - but oversee a few flags and you'd be more than a bit popular

A sure way to become king of melbourne... easier said than done, carrying 70,000 members on your back. I expect the new president to have a 10 second honeyperiod before the first negative thread on BF

if we got a new coach next month, how long would he be given to win a premiership?

I imagine it won't be 10 years, whether or not that is the right move I don't know. If you look at the 3 coaches that have 3 or more this century they were retained after sustained periods of failure and voila.

Could Buckley be the same? Who knows, unlikely it's next year but as big changes are afoot you just never know. IF we have a really good development year in 2021 then I would not be averse to keeping Nathan on, that would mean he returns to a game style not of 2019 or 20................. of course that does also depend on the performances of the assistants and development coaches.

Time will tell.

The 12 months he has bought himself is a worry. Who’s to say he doesn’t have a Kennett style change of heart? Especially if Buckley is gone and the club “is in turmoil”.

“I can’t leave the club under these circumstances. I’ll steady the ship for another 2 years” etc etc.

Would. Not. Surprise. Me.

Gotta hand it to the trolls here.

They had a singular agenda and they have achieved their goal.

They'd have the biggest hardons right now.

My hat is begrudgingly off to you

Didn't realise this board had so much influence.

Which victim do we target next for destruction......

Didn't realise this board had so much influence.

Which victim do we target next for destruction......

The real truth is there was no salary cap issue. Treloar and Stepho were ousted by the power of game day threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine it won't be 10 years, whether or not that is the right move I don't know. If you look at the 3 coaches that have 3 or more this century they were retained after sustained periods of failure and voila.

Could Buckley be the same? Who knows, unlikely it's next year but as big changes are afoot you just never know. IF we have a really good development year in 2021 then I would not be averse to keeping Nathan on, that would mean he returns to a game style not of 2019 or 20................. of course that does also depend on the performances of the assistants and development coaches.

Time will tell.
Well put, sums up my thoughts as well. With Eddie on the way out however Bucks is probably more vulnerable than he ever has been.
We shall see.

G’day Big Footy and happy new year!

it’s been a while...

I just looked up the history of West Coast Eagles board members etc. They have never had the same President/ Chairman in place for more than 5 years.

G’day Big Footy and happy new year!

it’s been a while...

I just looked up the history of West Coast Eagles board members etc. They have never had the same President/ Chairman in place for more than 5 years.

That may be true, but they've also had outrageous draft recruiting concessions, massive home ground advantage, 15 years of umpiring favouritism, a good deal of luck and a team full of drug addicts.

Last edited:
Back