• Yes

Votes: 186 78.2%
  • No

Votes: 44 18.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 8 3.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, you just explained a rebuild. you should have stopped at 13 players, it's a rebuild and the worst part is that Ed and Bucks will be there to see it through

I don't think that Bucks will be there to see it through, but think it's a mistake to hit the draft hard before the new coach is in place. To me a lot of the success of Richmond and Hawthorn in recent years comes down to them recruiting for the brand of footy that the coach wanted to play. Hawthorn drafted blokes who could kick and Tiges drafted blokes who were very quick, which suited their respective game styles. God knows what attributes our recruiters should have targetted, because god knows what style of footy we're going to be playing in a couple of years time - with or without Bucks.

How do you really, honestly, believe how it worked?
It's hard to believe it worked any other way. Considering the due diligence we do with young players, background checks, talking with family, analysing them very closely with all the relevant testing.
However with Beams clearly none of that was done. In the interview he did recently, he even admitted he had lost all passion for the game by that point. Yet we still ******* signed him up for 4 years. wtf.

I don't think that Bucks will be there to see it through, but think it's a mistake to hit the draft hard before the new coach is in place. To me a lot of the success of Richmond and Hawthorn in recent years comes down to them recruiting for the brand of footy that the coach wanted to play. Hawthorn drafted blokes who could kick and Tiges drafted blokes who were very quick, which suited their respective game styles. God knows what attributes our recruiters should have targetted, because god knows what style of footy we're going to be playing in a couple of years time - with or without Bucks.

if we got a new coach next month, how long would he be given to win a premiership?

How do you really, honestly, believe how it worked?

How I think it worked is irrelevant - I'm not the one sharing a rumour, or proposing a speculative scenario.

Granted, it's fun to spread rumours, especially when they support your overriding argument (McGuire, bad, exclamation mark), but when you shift away from the sphere of reality, you push people away from your narrative and you make it easier to dismiss both your goal and your justification of said goal.

I'd politely suggest that people who want to actively campaign to remove the president to keep their arguments to the numerous very public, very factual and very recorded events from the last 5-6 years.

Speculating that McGuire overruled his coach, football manager, list manager and recruiting manager to force the recruitment of a player is unhinged, even for Big Footy standards.

if we got a new coach next month, how long would he be given to win a premiership?
No idea. When moving on from a coach, I think boards are pretty reactive to the media. Bucks is outstanding in the media, thus I think he's avoided much criticism and thus has had a very long crack at it. How long a new coach gets will depend on on-field results but also their media work.

How I think it worked is irrelevant - I'm not the one sharing a rumour, or proposing a speculative scenario.

Granted, it's fun to spread rumours, especially when they support your overriding argument (McGuire, bad, exclamation mark), but when you shift away from the sphere of reality, you push people away from your narrative and you make it easier to dismiss both your goal and your justification of said goal.

I'd politely suggest that people who want to actively campaign to remove the president to keep their arguments to the numerous very public, very factual and very recorded events from the last 5-6 years.

Speculating that McGuire overruled his coach, football manager, list manager and recruiting manager to force the recruitment of a player is unhinged, even for Big Footy standards.
So, what you are saying is, that as you believe the idea that McGuire overruled his coach, football manager, list manager and recruiting manager to force the recruitment of a player is unhinged, all due diligence must have been carried out. If that is indeed true, then those who performed that due diligence should be sacked.

Ultimately it was Walsh who signed off on Beams' recruitment.

Conveniently, Walsh has now retired a year earlier than expected, escaping any flack for also being in charge of the cap debacle.

Which means the person who appointed him , one Edward McGuire esquire, is still free to reign.

Funny that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta hand it to the trolls here.

They had a singular agenda and they have achieved their goal.

They'd have the biggest hardons right now.

My hat is begrudgingly off to you

Back