EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on him. About time players learnt that they can’t get away with signing for 2 years then want out when it gets too hard.
Never sign a 2 year deal is the motto of the story.
Most clubs will want players to sign for 2 years and most payments are based on staying 2 years. So the player is happy to take the coin but then wants to leave after 1 year. Well they can give back half the money they received during the 1st year. Only time I would grant a clearance is for family reasons but he wants to go back up the road to Roxy so bad luck I say. Go back in 2021 as a contract is a contract.

Good on him. About time players learnt that they can’t get away with signing for 2 years then want out when it gets too hard.
Never sign a 2 year deal is the motto of the story.

Agree but fletch can’t really be talking about any morals.. Pot kettle black comes to mind

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Interesting article. I’ve copied it for those of you who can’t access the herald sun.

Mernda is determined to hold Brad Dimech to his contract
Mernda is ready to stand its ground as best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech wants out of the club, saying players as well as clubs should be held accountable when it comes to contracts.

Mernda is committed to holding wantaway best-and-fairest winner Brad Dimech to his contract.
The star midfielder lodged three transfer requests to return to Essendon District league club Roxburgh Park before the Christmas break, which were all denied by the Demons.
Dimech has been a key member of Mernda’s engine room for the past two seasons since crossing from Westmeadows.

After claiming the club award for the first time, Dimech also finished fourth in the NFL Division 3 best-and-fairest and was named in the Team of the Year.
“He’s either playing footy at Mernda or having a year off footy,” Demons coach Robert Fletcher said.
“I’m big on contracts. At the end of the day the league want us to make sure we honour all our contracts and be professional with it.

“We expect the players to do the same, every Mernda player got paid last year what they were entitled to and he’s signed a two-year contract.
“I did it with a good mate of mine in Cameron Cloke. He wanted to leave, but I made sure he held up his contract at Jacana as well.”
Mernda has recruited heavily in a bid to end a five-year finals drought.
Shannon Smith has crossed from EDFL Division 1 premier Craigieburn after booting 41 goals in 2019, while fellow recruit Bryce Kimuliatis kicked 45 majors for the Eagles’ reserves side.
Jarrod King (Bundoora) and Lane Tucker (Thomastown) have also signed on.

Fletcher was pleased with the club’s pre-Christmas training block and singled out the efforts of Northern Knights graduate Will Crouch, who is returning from a knee reconstruction.
“Young Will Crouch was at the Northern Knights, but he’s a Mernda boy. He’s had two knee reconstructions and he’s flying at the moment,” he said.
“The boys trained really well before Christmas, we flogged them a fair bit.”
Mernda Football Club and Mernda Cricket Club also combined to raise $7000 for those impacted by the bushfires.
A charity Twenty20 match between the clubs, as well as the local CFA, at Waterview Reserve drew a large crowd and proved a fundraising success.
The Demons’ season begins with a road trip to Heidelberg West on April 4.
I am sure there are a lot of smart people at Roxy that can get him out of this contract otherwise take the year off and go travelling - It was signed under a different coach with different objectives, game plan, positions available, new recruits from new coach etc..etc.. YES he held his mate (cameron cloke) to his contract and look how fantastic that was for the Jacana football club - really drained there financial accounts & a real long term plan for the football club. If they don't want to play for you as a COACH, you are not going to get the best out of them and why would you want them there !! One big happy team with disgruntled players and a coach wanting to thump his chest - Good luck for the season Mernda !! Fletch himself has signed on for 2 years - Interesting to see how he goes in the first 12 months and then committee changes/ decisions that may happen in the 2nd year !!!

Most clubs will want players to sign for 2 years and most payments are based on staying 2 years. So the player is happy to take the coin but then wants to leave after 1 year. Well they can give back half the money they received during the 1st year. Only time I would grant a clearance is for family reasons but he wants to go back up the road to Roxy so bad luck I say. Go back in 2021 as a contract is a contract.
Roxy is his family ⚫⚪️ Not sure he took the ‘coin’. He wanted to stay and play under Desi considering him and his family have a strong connection. Now he wants to come home and play where he played his whole junior career.

Roxy is his family ⚫⚪ Not sure he took the ‘coin’. He wanted to stay and play under Desi considering him and his family have a strong connection. Now he wants to come home and play where he played his whole junior career.
Well I mean he was obviously getting paid “coin” and rightly so. Roxy might be his home but surely you understand a contract is a contract. Not ideal for the young bloke but that’s life..No appeal will overturn it so it’s going to cost Roxy a few 1000’s to get back I guess. And that goes onto the salary cap.

Well I mean he was obviously getting paid “coin” and rightly so. Roxy might be his home but surely you understand a contract is a contract. Not ideal for the young bloke but that’s life..No appeal will overturn it so it’s going to cost Roxy a few 1000’s to get back I guess. And that goes onto the salary cap.
I’m sure Roxy will do everything they can to get it done. Like Roxy spend near the cap anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much this:

East Keilor boss Pat Christofi has given his players the ultimate compliment, likening their slick work on the training track during pre-season to powerhouse Deer Park.

Christofi was a senior assistant and reserves coach at the all-conquering Lions before taking over the top job at the EDFL Division 1 outfit last year.
Deer Park has claimed the past seven WRFL premierships – a suburban record in a top-flight competition – and Christofi said the influx of top-quality talent at the Cougars over summer had lifted training standards significantly.

Last year’s Division 1 runner-up will enter the 2020 campaign as a red-hot premiership favourite after a fruitful off-season.

“It’s the first time in a year that I’ve actually felt like I’m back at Deer Park,” Christofi said.

“You go to training and you think, ‘Wow, this reminds me of the last seven, eight years that I was involved there.’

etc. etc. etc.

Loves to talk a big game this bloke...time to forget Deer Park pal..you aren’t there anymore!!
From the mouth of a high paid recruit to EK(that is still there)… "Pat can't coach"... I've heard this from numerous people at EK who are still there. Credit where credit's due though, Pat has created excitement by bringing in and paying for a heap of players, no-one at EK dare say it to his face. And I reckon good on you Pat because before you got there EK were stuffed
Pat - if you're smart you'll get an assistant to guide you through this year, needs to be someone you trust though mate as there are plenty within the club who will accept your $$$ but will knife you in the back as soon as things go pear shaped!..

From the mouth of a high paid recruit to EK(that is still there)… "Pat can't coach"... I've heard this from numerous people at EK who are still there. Credit where credit's due though, Pat has created excitement by bringing in and paying for a heap of players, no-one at EK dare say it to his face. And I reckon good on you Pat because before you got there EK were stuffed
Pat - if you're smart you'll get an assistant to guide you through this year, needs to be someone you trust though mate as there are plenty within the club who will accept your $$$ but will knife you in the back as soon as things go pear shaped!..
I dont know who your EK player is but i dont believe his comments are very accurate sounds like hes lacking some love from the coach......Look i think 3 minor premierships last year would say otherwise, recruiting players doesn't guarantee success.. as many of you have said many times managing ego's etc. He obviously did a great job to make that team gel. Apart from the Grand final you cant say he and EK didn't impress everyone on this forum last year. Im sorry i cant knock a man that came in and did what he did in the first year. Most people on this forum are going to throw shade EK's way because they are jealous of the success and are going to make comments about points and salary caps, EK would of been lucky if they even had half the salary cap under Arrowsmith to play with before Pat got there. So no surprise he was able to bring in players when they managed to get their funds up to the cap i assume. Truth is no club came close to them over all 3 divisions in the Home and Away season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back