EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Deer Park recruited a bloke I know from the NFNL $1400 a game.

25k of your salary cap to one player. Wonder if they’ll declare that?
All conversations re salary cap should stop. It’s unenforceable, AFL Vic are incompetent. Let them all keep spending as much as they can. Only until a (major) club folds due to mis-management will the message maybe hit home.
Community football is big business and there are clubs operating outside EDFL T&C, basically insolvent.
It’s easy to work out….which clubs made the most noise during Covid about maintaining a season, especially juniors, at all costs?

Love it. EK’s big brother coming to get them…lol showed them the ropes now coming to bully them even if you have to wait a year. DP might just become my new Premier Club in 2024.
No mate DP will not bully EK maybe EK are just as good or better at the game, have you stopped to think of that.
Haha I haven’t seen EK bullied once since Pat has been there. Executioner do your homework correctly before jumping on mate. Screen shot this and play it back next year. 😊👍👊
They play a practice match this pre season but neither side will show case there team I was told.
HAHAHA that was funny.

No mate DP will not bully EK maybe EK are just as good or better at the game, have you stopped to think of that.
Haha I haven’t seen EK bullied once since Pat has been there. Executioner do your homework correctly before jumping on mate. Screen shot this and play it back next year. 😊👍👊
They play a practice match this pre season but neither side will show case there team I was told.
HAHAHA that was funny.

I seen EK get bullied a few times last season

HAHAHA that was funny.
The Executioner told me that homework
is over rated just deals in facts. Which of the 109 recruits will play the pracy? Should be a rippa. Please post the info on the game here so we can come watch.

He literally met with EVERY premier club months ago lol was expecting a guaranteed spot every week from what I’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well he has committed to a genuine Premiership contender so I’m not sure he is afraid of challenging himself. Nothing wrong with having a look around and making an educated decision, especially coming from a club where’s it’s unlikely he has been paid in the last 12 months. If plenty of clubs are interested then good luck to him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He literally met with EVERY premier club months ago lol was expecting a guaranteed spot every week from what I’ve been told.

Ridiculous post Bash. How does any player ask for a guaranteed spot each week. You surely are not serious?

Ridiculous post Bash. How does any player ask for a guaranteed spot each week. You surely are not serious?

Lol your ridiculous for not believing what I’m saying mate but forgot you know it all. I have only spoken truth on this forum since I have joined…. You on the other hand still think Gary Ablett is coming to EK

Lol your ridiculous for not believing what I’m saying mate but forgot you know it all. I have only spoken truth on this forum since I have joined…. You on the other hand still think Gary Ablett is coming to EK

You are correct Bash. Ill back you here.

Met with not only all Premier clubs but also Div 1 clubs and did have some requests/demands

Some clubs decided not to pursue signing him because of them.

Another former Greenvale player at Pacco.
Half joking - but they're close to becoming their development club.
Appear to have become a destination club which is great for Pacco and the league that it’s more than just the big 3 clubs. They have at least 1 more very handy player they have yet to announce. You might even know him BJ. 😜😜
Apparently goes very well.

You are correct Bash. Ill back you here.

Met with not only all Premier clubs but also Div 1 clubs and did have some requests/demands

Some clubs decided not to pursue signing him because of them.
So Hells who can any player demand a club gives them a senior position every week they are available?? Can only understand that request if your VFL aligned and I would assume they should be automatically selected if not playing VFL.
Anyway ultimately if that did happen then clubs should cut short the meeting and say no..

For the record not every player decides on a club just because their offer is the highest. How many times I’ve heard clubs offer this amount but ultimately some don’t pay. False promises. Or hey happy to give you X amount but then if they can’t make finals they drop players purely to save $$$.

Bash players speaking to your would need to consider points they carry as this could be a reason a club would drop a player rather than form. Maybe this is more the conversation rather than guaranteed spot. Cmon buddy be fair. Players should be asking questions! Points, what players have you recruited and do they play similar to me? are you in the window or developing from below. Just some examples.

Demands/putting a figure on his head is ultimately just him trying to look after his interests.
Playing for 3 clubs within the one division is what I raise an eyebrow at - but hey, to each their own.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back