EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think anyone said in any way, shape or form this was a cheap shot, but everyone knows these days if you choose to go at the ball in this fashion then you get weeks, especially with the injury sustained. No malice, no intent, but it was sloppy and could see someone out of the game forever.

You could see straight away he was remorseful, but so what? He's caused a fair bit of damage and should rightly be suspended. As a parent I'd be pretty pissed off if a league didn't make a stand in circumstances like this.

In 2024 it's not ok to injure a player like that, let alone defend like some are.

Completely neutral here. I must be watching a different incident. In no way, shape or form does there look to be any intended malice or a turn and drive from the hips from the MV player whatsoever. Make no mistake, i would be happy to see a couple weeks suspension purely on the outcome, and to try and get a better result from similar incidents like this in the future. However this is a brutal sport and contact like this can unfortunately occur. It looked in no way a cheap shot from the vision i seen. I wish the Roxy boy all the very best in his recovery as it is horrible to see incidents and injuries like these ones on a football field.
Yes I agree it didn’t appear malice or cheap shot but still looked to me he turned slightly and his hip collected him. Even if it didn’t unfortunately you must stop & prop in a front on situation like this incident. Yes it’s unnatural but it’s the way footy has gone..

You could see straight away he was remorseful, but so what? He's caused a fair bit of damage and should rightly be suspended. As a parent I'd be pretty pissed off if a league didn't make a stand in circumstances like this.

In 2024 it's not ok to injure a player like that, let alone defend like some are.
There was no intent to hurt. Unfortunately it was a football injury that happens sometimes.
Nobody wanted to see the Roxy lad hurt as they are a good club who play hard and fair.

Exactly. But I’ve seen this league let players off for late hits and other stuff in the past.
Must protect the head..
I don’t like players kicking off the ground in juniors either and those should be paid as in danger if a player goes in and gets kicked even if it’s very minimal contact. Must encourage players to go in..

so if a player breaks a leg this week in a collision automatic suspension for the opponent ?

Unfortunate football act, injuries occur every week it’s apart of the game. You can pick up a lot of suspensions if you wanna go freeze frame every contest. In real time it’s not a suspendible act IMO, tribunal agreed, just a sad result of a contact sport

There was no intent to hurt.

Don't disagree with that.

Unfortunately it was a football injury that happens sometimes.

Which should result in a suspension football injury or not.

Nobody wanted to see the Roxy lad hurt as they are a good club who play hard and fair.

Don't disagree with that either.

so if a player breaks a leg this week in a collision automatic suspension for the opponent ?

Don't remember ever saying that and my thoughts on Freddy Lussick are well documented on BF.

Unfortunate football act, injuries occur every week it’s apart of the game. You can pick up a lot of suspensions if you wanna go freeze frame every contest. In real time it’s not a suspendible act IMO, tribunal agreed, just a sad result of a contact sport

That's certainly not the way Australian football is heading these days.

There's certainly merit to both sides of the discussion.
You obviously don't want people being rubbed out of inconsequential acts but by the same token, you don't want players sitting out with concussion or PCS regularly.
Finding where this line sits is something that all levels of footy are trying to figure out at present.

And 45 points the next week and yet another loss !! Same bloke has been coaching/running the place for years and they have regressed!
Did he bang your missus mate or leave you out of a side?

Looking at their ins this week a lot of experienced 1 pointers back in (Micallef, Vistarini, Devine, Smith and McCallum).

Pressure is definitely on them, lose this week and you might get your wish

CB over KP – 50 points

WC over Rupo – 80 points

HS over OP - 45 points

Tulla over MV – 40 points

MP over RP - 35 points

Looking at their ins this week a lot of experienced 1 pointers back in (Micallef, Vistarini, Devine, Smith and McCallum).

CB over KP – 50 points

WC over Rupo – 80 points

HS over OP - 45 points

MP over RP - 35 points
Some big ins for Tulla, watch them start climbing the ladder. With McPharlane going back to Roxy can they push for finals ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CB over KP – 50 points

WC over Rupo – 80 points

HS over OP - 45 points

MP over RP - 35 points
Seems like a pretty one sided round this week, MV v Tulla could be the only close one.

CB over KP – 72 points

WC over Rupo – 44 points

HS over OP - 28 points

MV over Tulla – 7 points

MP over RP - 60 points

Seems like a pretty one sided round this week, MV v Tulla could be the only close one.

CB over KP – 72 points

WC over Rupo – 44 points

HS over OP - 28 points

MV over Tulla – 7 points

MP over RP - 60 points

Craigieburn by 100 over KP

WC by 60 over Rupo

HS by 40 over oak

Tulla by 30 over mv

Marby by 70 over Roxy

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

God you come up with some crap
Pretty sure the standard AFL Vic player's contract template states you can't train at another club without written permission, or something like that. Given Sunshine were very strong on not releasing him, you'd have to imagine some money changed hands which would have covered any fine for breach of contract.

Pretty sure the standard AFL Vic player's contract template states you can't train at another club without written permission, or something like that. Given Sunshine were very strong on not releasing him, you'd have to imagine some money changed hands which would have covered any fine for breach of contract.

No such thing exists in the standard AFL Vic contract. Clubs have the ability to alter the template to suit whatever requirements they would like adhered to… such as training attendance , functions etc. there could be a clause added about training at other clubs but why bother… if they then want out…. Money exchange is the lever to pull or that player can sit out season.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey mate, but Gremlin knows everything his really smart 😄😄
I’m pretty sure if you sign a contract with a club you cannot train at another club without permission until his released. Its a contract to that club if I’m correct.

Very happy to be on the other side of most of your football arguments Turbo.
Mate when signing a contract at club A it’s a commitment and pretty sure you can’t train elsewhere as what happens if the player got injured training at the other club without being released. I could be wrong but that how it was a few years ago.

Cool story... the game will be even more dead if blokes stop playing because of head knocks like this. If people keep getting knocked out like this and walk away from the game in numbers like we are seeing recently, we won't have to worry about the rules

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Cool story? Cause It doesn’t suit your argument? Fair enough. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Guys have stop playing due to the nature of our great game and where do we draw the line? We play a collision contact sport. Unfortunate incidents happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back