EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Keilor park forfeit reserves this week vs Hillside. Bit disappointing for KP considering they had 2 thirds sides last season and now struggling to field 2 sides. Tough challenge ahead unfortunately for KP.
Looks like their women’s forfeited also! That’s after naming a team with 3 on bench. Has something happened down there? Illness struck perhaps? Sad whatever the circumstances.

Last half game-day scenes from yesterday's epic game between ROXBURGH PARK and RUPERTSWOOD. Watch Rupertswood snatch victory with an after-the-final-siren goal. There is so much to unpack in the final 8 minutes - so many ifs and buts and whatifs. I'll also upload a "Last 5 Minutes" video of this game tomorrow. Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

Last half game-day scenes from yesterday's epic game between ROXBURGH PARK and RUPERTSWOOD. Watch Rupertswood snatch victory with an after-the-final-siren goal. There is so much to unpack in the final 8 minutes - so many ifs and buts and whatifs. I'll also upload a "Last 5 Minutes" video of this game tomorrow. Enjoy and please subscribe to my channel. Thanks.

According to a Keilor knobhead the league should only have Premier comp matches as match of the day.

Rupo after the siren. Well done lads.

Oak Park were great and Craigieburn let themselves down with a lack of discipline. Been a while since I've watched Leathers and Cox play and both were very good. The bloke who didn't shut up all day was inspirational for them too.

For a bloke that small, Aquilina plays like he's 6ft 9.
And Oak Park playing on only 31 points so that’s a great start for a promoted club as usually you need to recruit to stay competitive but they have done it on the back of majority of 1 pointers. Great planning and well done. Holds well for the future!

Sad news. Fingers crossed.
No surprises here. It was always a short term vision plan. Bring in 40+ players, move on the loyal heart & soul of the club that were there, get caught spending over the salary cap, win a division 3 Seniors & Reserves premiership with players like Cavka, costello, Salsu, brown, schivello, gatto etc.. etc.. Take the money, Club gets a $20 Pennant and $ 10 medals . Coach, president & 50+players leave and the place is back to where it was 3 years ago.....

Anyway, Keilor would be happy- they have been eyeing and waiting for this facility for years for their Juniors and warm up training facilities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took you to a GF last season. Sunbury will remain what they are and never grow in this comp.
They had the opportunity to establish in div 1 but half their flag side left at the end of the year

Pretty common in divisional footy unfortunately

A flag can decimate you

Roxy and MV right in the relegation battle with KP now
Either club wouldn’t wanna be relegated but I feel like would be worse for Roxy who have worked really hard to stay in Div 1
What’s going on down there

No surprises here. It was always a short term vision plan. Bring in 40+ players, move on the loyal heart & soul of the club that were there, get caught spending over the salary cap, win a division 3 Seniors & Reserves premiership with players like Cavka, costello, Salsu, brown, schivello, gatto etc.. etc.. Take the money, Club gets a $20 Pennant and $ 10 medals . Coach, president & 50+players leave and the place is back to where it was 3 years ago.....

Anyway, Keilor would be happy- they have been eyeing and waiting for this facility for years for their Juniors and warm up training facilities.
Kind of agree but it’s tough in that pocket to get juniors into the club. I think that’s the bigger issue! They tried something but obviously it fell over somehow..

Oak Park invested in there juniors and reaping rewards in the promotion thus far. But the area around there has more families and schools. Oak Park always were a proud and strong club and supporters been loyal through good & bad times.

Gatto spent a fair few years at the club during the lean times

Bit harsh on him to be honest

Either club wouldn’t wanna be relegated but I feel like would be worse for Roxy who have worked really hard to stay in Div 1
Don’t think Roxy will go down, been in the Div for longer so senior players will know what it takes to stay up, KP basically locked in to get relegated. MV is my tip to join them.

i think rupertswood will go down. they are pretty ordinary and l was bewildered to see they beat roxy.
Watching the last 5-10 minutes, thanks to Allhart's video, Roxy had their chances to kick a goal that would have sealed the win. Should have kicked at least one, fairly straightforward shots. All credit to Rupo thou.

I've been told by friends down at Roxy that when Farrely finished up last year so did the recruiting guy.
They did lose quite a few players during the off-season and I don't think many came in. That could explain them dropping off

Gatto spent a fair few years at the club during the lean times

Bit harsh on him to be honest
Yes and Castello went back to his junior club to help them win a premiership so not sure his at fault either. Once again the coaching role is a very difficult one and not for everyone. Big challenge for past legend of the club now coaching. I’m sure he originally signed on as an assistant but stepped up to help them.

They had to bring in 40+ players because they went into recess 🤦‍♂️ and then had some poor luck with the coach not being able to continue due to personal reasons, he never walked away. When a popular coach leaves or is the person that attracted you across its common for any club to lose players.
Costello a KP jnr that went back and helped immensely, poor comment!

Underestimated how far KP have come considering most had them dead and buried forever. They will be relegated, but should have the resources to keep punching and be a competitive div.2 team for years to come. Leigh Coles would be coaching for peanuts, just doesn’t have the cattle, think it’s unfair to judge him purely on win/loss. There is plenty of coaches in this league that are very well paid and couldn’t give a toss about anyone other than the senior 22

They had to bring in 40+ players because they went into recess 🤦‍♂️ and then had some poor luck with the coach not being able to continue due to personal reasons, he never walked away. When a popular coach leaves or is the person that attracted you across its common for any club to lose players.
Costello a KP jnr that went back and helped immensely, poor comment!

Underestimated how far KP have come considering most had them dead and buried forever. They will be relegated, but should have the resources to keep punching and be a competitive div.2 team for years to come. Leigh Coles would be coaching for peanuts, just doesn’t have the cattle, think it’s unfair to judge him purely on win/loss. There is plenty of coaches in this league that are very well paid and couldn’t give a toss about anyone other than the senior 22
As I said, they are in the same position as their first year back from recess. When they need Costello the most - he jumps ship to another team in the same division. A premier division player like Cavka playing in div 3 on over $1k + a game is not playing for the jumper or club. He was there for one year.
The club had great success for a 12 month period. It was never a long term plan. They only just avoided relegation last year but it might help them for next season when they get relegated.
Anyway, enough on KP.
The top 4 teams in this division are only separated by 2 or 3 goals. Could be a great finals series come Sept .

Heard tonight Craigeburn had multiple players sent off. Can any elaborate? Would struggle to beat anyone if that’s the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back