EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hearing from mates that the NS V Hadfield 18s was called off after half time by the umpires. Sad to hear stuff like that happening in what is essentially kids footy.
Heard Hadfield even hired a camera to film the game they were that worried about NS and issues with them. Were close to forfeiting to save the hassle. EDFL were there patrolling also.

Heard Hadfield even hired a camera to film the game they were that worried about NS and issues with them. Were close to forfeiting to save the hassle. EDFL were there patrolling also.
So let’s see the league take some action. Not a slap on the wrist and listen to clubs excuses. Start kicking clubs out as we continue to hear about supporting umpires, players etc and the Cronin foundation regarding coward punches. Why should umpires need to deal with this, as it’s the clubs and in particular coaches and support staff that encourage and accept it. Yes they accept it as they know it happens. Clubs have 3 coaches, runner, trainer, team manager so that’s 6 officials. You can’t tell me they all see nothing bad!! FFS it’s Div 2 18s. I’ve heard of past incidents with kids belting younger kids from clubs 2nd 18s teams as the kids are younger and lighter bodies. It’s just unacceptable behaviour!

BH came to play on Saturday. They were very good, hitting targets, both hand and foot, ran harder and they were enjoyable to watch.
Having said that, my boys were terrible and can honestly say put this down as a one-off. Wandered out like brown cows and played like it no run, no pressure, fumbled, turned it over just about every kick they were poor. You know you're not on when the 2 best kicks in the team are kicking out on the full with no one near them and missing set shots from 15 out. BH may very well win next time we play, but I can say Westy will be switched on, and it will be a more entertaining game, but fantastic win, BH

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

east v Saints. Saints by 50 points
Roy’s v Burnside. Burnside by 65
Haddy v Lakes ..Lakes 28
Westy v Sunbury …Westy by 15

It was a much better effort by Westy today. 9 goals up around 3/4 time, but the pleasing thing is that they were not at their best with a few sick and a few out before switching off in the last quarter, the 5 or 6 that they have had to bring in over last 2 weeks have been great, played their role, so it was a good win. Big shout out to Jacko for his 1st game, very serviceable, and a club favourite.. A rest next week will help a few sore bodies. Kangaroos are a good club, and thank you for coming in for a drink after the game. Footy brings people together.

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Westmeadows doing well, just proves the drop in standard from Div 1 to Div 2 footy.
I think the top 4 won't change from here on. They are a good little side Westy. I was hoping for a much closer contest especially with Sunbury coming off a bye. We Definitely lacked fire power in the forward line with some players out. Credit to westy. On their day, bloody hard to beat

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
No premier thread

I think the top 4 won't change from here on. They are a good little side Westy. I was hoping for a much closer contest especially with Sunbury coming off a bye. We Definitely lacked fire power in the forward line with some players out. Credit to westy. On their day, bloody hard to beat

I wouldn’t be writing off Glenroy just yet, after watching the live scores I watched their game v Burnside. Looks like they have found their mojo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back