EDFL Div 2 discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t be writing off Glenroy just yet, after watching the live scores I watched their game v Burnside. Looks like they have found their mojo.
Sunbury are the most vulnerable. Interesting from here on in. Can’t believe Districts sit second last on the ladder. They’ve looked better than that position suggests. We’ll have a better feel once all teams played each other once.

Sunbury are the most vulnerable. Interesting from here on in. Can’t believe Districts sit second last on the ladder. They’ve looked better than that position suggests. We’ll have a better feel once all teams played each other once.
You're probably right about Sunbury tbh. IMO there are some selections the last few Thursday nights that are questionable, its making people's minds boggle and it's definitely been spoken about. I love the club but they make it hard for themselves sometimes. Massive game for them next weekend vs a red hot Burnside outfit.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
You're probably right about Sunbury tbh. IMO there are some selections the last few Thursday nights that are questionable, its making people's minds boggle and it's definitely been spoken about. I love the club but they make it hard for themselves sometimes. Massive game this week for them next weekend vs a red hot Burnside outfit.

must be hard for Shannon Carroll too if a group of supporters are slagging him off over selections. He’s a smart football man and would be trying to pick the best possible team to win each week. Get behind him Vlo!

must be hard for Shannon Carroll too if a group of supporters are slagging him off over selections. He’s a smart football man and would be trying to pick the best possible team to win each week. Get behind him Vlo!
I do back him. Unfortunately others dont. But like I said, some things are questionable and its obvious. Maybe a method to the madness? Coaches don't always get things right and that's fine mate.

Hopefully Cannon and Seikai are back this week to help out in the forward line. Geez losing Magin and Watts hurts.

Last edited:
Coach holding CD back, if they had someone with a bit of know how they would be sitting top 2

Coach holding CD back, if they had someone with a bit of know how they would be sitting top 2
These damn coaches! We shouldn’t have em I tell ya!……I’m being facetious ofcourse. I’m of the opinion if there is an issue with a coach then the issue rests much higher. I’m not suggesting anything at Districts it’s just a general view I have.

These damn coaches! We shouldn’t have em I tell ya!……I’m being facetious ofcourse. I’m of the opinion if there is an issue with a coach then the issue rests much higher. I’m not suggesting anything at Districts it’s just a general view I have.
I believe its the coach in this case, underperformed at MV, HS and now showing it again at CD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Districts have underperformed every year apart from one since they’ve returned to the edfl

But i suspect they’ll be out of div 3 shortly

Junior club growing 2 x U/18’s last year junior girls and women’s sides

Its only a matter of time before all these kids filter up making the club stronger

Districts have underperformed every year apart from one since they’ve returned to the edfl

But i suspect they’ll be out of div 3 shortly

Junior club growing 2 x U/18’s last year junior girls and women’s sides

Its only a matter of time before all these kids filter up making the club stronger
Problem is if the kids are any good why play C grade senior footy as it’s pretty ordinary. I suggest the senior side get better to challenge to be promoted and then the kids stay on as senior players. And I’m talking 18.5 kids

Northern Saints v Sunbury Kangas 3rds called off. Saints blokes starting fights again and are very lucky it didn't erupt with some of the people who were watching from the sidelines.

Call me an arseh*le I don't care, what an absolute shit hole of a club. We are all here to watch or play a game. Not deal with f**kheads who sook because they are losing and resort to fighting.

Last edited:
Problem is if the kids are any good why play C grade senior footy as it’s pretty ordinary. I suggest the senior side get better to challenge to be promoted and then the kids stay on as senior players. And I’m talking 18.5 kids

I find it intriguing you say C grade is ordinary and suggest the senior side gets “better” when you are actively involved in the most horrible under performing over paying club in BFL history! CD are doing brilliantly in comparison

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Didn’t they win the div 1 under 18 flag last year??

Suggests there’s some decent kids there

Northern Saints v Sunbury Kangas 3rds called off. Saints blokes starting fights again and are very lucky it didn't erupt with some of the people who were watching from the sidelines.

Call me an arseh*le I don't care, what an absolute s**t hole of a club. We are all here to watch or play a game. Not deal with f**kheads who sook because they are losing and resort to fighting.
Rabble of a club.

Call me an arseh*le I don't care, what an absolute s**t hole of a club. We are all here to watch or play a game. Not deal with f**kheads who sook because they are losing and resort to fighting.

Second game in a month called off for NS thirds.
Surely the league has the nuts to boot them from the comp.

The poor umps would HATE to be allocated NS games on a Friday night. There’s a million things you’d rather be doing than being on edge umpiring what should be social footy.

Just spoke to my best mate who is the coach of northern saints 3rds

The racism and abuse from the crowd

Not the players

Was what caused this

Nobody should have to accept that in todays society

They were being called terrorst dogs Muslim dogs from over the fence

Also they have made a complaint to the league about it that they aren’t tolerating it and expect action to be taken

Just spoke to my best mate who is the coach of northern saints 3rds

The racism and abuse from the crowd

Not the players

Was what caused this

Nobody should have to accept that in todays society

They were being called terrorst dogs Muslim dogs from over the fence
That stuff is unacceptable, and something here needs to be done. Not to be tolerated, but again, the reaction is also unacceptable. Calmer heads need prevail and people,in leadership positions need to step up to prevent and then adequately deal with these situations

back to the footy for a minute…..

Burnside at home to Sunbury by 26 points.
Coburg to go down to the Roys by 9 points.
Sunbury to be well beaten by Haddy, 60 points.
Taylors at home to Northern by 36 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back