EDFL Division 1 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you think haddy need at this point?

A coach that can bring along support, at a coaching level and playing level, may seem obvious, but unfortunately Spud James will need both and coming from Rockbank, a club desperate to survive, he won't have that and simply isn't going to be their savior they need.
I do wish him/them well but Midyear departure coming up at best. Tough gig for a novice coach.

A coach that can bring along support, at a coaching level and playing level, may seem obvious, but unfortunately Spud James will need both and coming from Rockbank, a club desperate to survive, he won't have that and simply isn't going to be their savior they need.
I do wish him/them well but Midyear departure coming up at best. Tough gig for a novice coach.

Fair response

Yeah tough gig at the moment haddy...

Rockbank were pretty bad this year weren't they?
Apparently bringing a few blokes across too..

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of APW - any news on next year - Been overseas - predictions moving ahead??????????

Have signed some quality players. I have been told it is around 10 signed. I am in the know so I don't know if they would appreciate me releasing those names yet, but definitely will be competitive and will hope to not be too long in B grade. It is essential for them to build a sustainable plan before going back to A grade.

Rob Ahmat took over 5 games in last year and unfortunately could not do anything with the list he inherited so late. He is planning to take them back to A grade and has called upon some contacts. In addition they have a lot of young players who are now playing regular senior football. The likes of Young, Hackney, Eddy, Brown, Di Sebastiano and Jetta. APW just need to get the correct culture set and as we all know, once you start winning a lot of supporters comeback too. They needed to go back down so they can setup a better plan of attack for next time they go back up.

Not sure if they can rebound and win it in their first year, but they will definitely be aiming to go back up within 2-3 years.

Have signed some quality players. I have been told it is around 10 signed. I am in the know so I don't know if they would appreciate me releasing those names yet, but definitely will be competitive and will hope to not be too long in B grade. It is essential for them to build a sustainable plan before going back to A grade.

Rob Ahmat took over 5 games in last year and unfortunately could not do anything with the list he inherited so late. He is planning to take them back to A grade and has called upon some contacts. In addition they have a lot of young players who are now playing regular senior football. The likes of Young, Hackney, Eddy, Brown, Di Sebastiano and Jetta. APW just need to get the correct culture set and as we all know, once you start winning a lot of supporters comeback too. They needed to go back down so they can setup a better plan of attack for next time they go back up.

Not sure if they can rebound and win it in their first year, but they will definitely be aiming to go back up within 2-3 years.

Ahmat is not confirmed as coach yet is he ?

I'm interested to know how clubs are going with their recruiting and managing the points. If clubs are recruiting as many as 10 players surely this has a significant impact particularly if clubs are recruiting good players from higher divisions. In the last round of 2016 APW had a total of 40 points. The max. for 2017 is 48. Obviously clubs do turn lists over but still to get 10 new players worth on average say 3 points that's 30 points used for half a team. I would hate to be the person trying to work that out and will coaches need to play good high point players in the 2's in order to remain under the 48 points each week? Anyone on here dealing with this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back