EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

How could he do both ?
Its simple, but all depends once the VFL aka the AFL Eastern Seaboard Reserves competition fixture is once released, and who knows when that will happen. The AFL will only release the full fixture with dates times and venues for the first half of the year, if last years is anything to go by. And since post COVID, we've seen that many last minute fixture changes occur in the leadup to those rounds.

If Coburg play on the same day as Strathmore in that same particular weekend, he coaches. If they don't clash, then one day he plays for Strathmore, the other day that week/weekend he does his coaching role with Coburg.

Either way he will play enough games to qualify for finals should Strathmore make it(which I think they should). Not that it should matter on this forum, Coburg won't be playing finals in the AFL Reserves anyway.

Its not the first time Strathmore would have dealt with this, given Liam Cavanagh is the Senior Coach of Williamstown VFL Womens team too. While Matt Little was also the VFL GM at Essendon back in the day so those committments come first.

Hey gang, chasing a practice match for either March 16 or April 6, North Heidelberg footy club, had one booked for March 16 but they have pulled the pin. If anyone knows a club looking for one please send me a DM!

Its simple, but all depends once the VFL aka the AFL Eastern Seaboard Reserves competition fixture is once released, and who knows when that will happen. The AFL will only release the full fixture with dates times and venues for the first half of the year, if last years is anything to go by. And since post COVID, we've seen that many last minute fixture changes occur in the leadup to those rounds.

If Coburg play on the same day as Strathmore in that same particular weekend, he coaches. If they don't clash, then one day he plays for Strathmore, the other day that week/weekend he does his coaching role with Coburg.

Either way he will play enough games to qualify for finals should Strathmore make it(which I think they should). Not that it should matter on this forum, Coburg won't be playing finals in the AFL Reserves anyway.

Its not the first time Strathmore would have dealt with this, given Liam Cavanagh is the Senior Coach of Williamstown VFL Womens team too. While Matt Little was also the VFL GM at Essendon back in the day so those committments come first.
Any clash he plays for Strathmore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree, I was just saying what I think will happen.

Obviously its a sore point for some what I've mentioned
Sure and I'd expect you'd usually be correct given how this tends to play out but there's also a chance that there's a different agreement in place here, I have no idea but we'll see in time.

Not a bad signing for Greenvale in Ex Bendigo Pioneer and Richmond NGA prospect Ray Murphy who has reportedly signed to play VFL with Werribee.
Not a bad signing for Greenvale in Ex Bendigo Pioneer and Richmond NGA prospect Ray Murphy who has reportedly signed to play VFL with Werribee.

on the verge of signing with an NFNL club but pipped at last minute.

Sure and I'd expect you'd usually be correct given how this tends to play out but there's also a chance that there's a different agreement in place here, I have no idea but we'll see in time.
You got it right in your first 4 words of your last line there mate

Why would Coburg have Dumont as an assistant coach if he doesn't attend games? I'm not sure why they wouldn't want him in a playing assistant coaching role tbh, he's on field leadership would be far more value than been on the sidelines

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back