EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its not senior footy but if any clubs juniors are looking for a practice match for their 10s, 12s and 14s shoot me a DM.

Finding it hard to get games with ground availability.

Amazing that the so called Premier Clubs ( EK, ABER, AH, EDS, MARBY ) would be in panic mode about 100 kids coming into the competition for the sake of locality.
2 junior clubs just entered up north Merryfield and Dallas and those power clubs said nothing.
At least this leave no doubt that these power clubs dont care about the league, they only care about the cash cow of junior footballers who wear their jumpers this year
Disgusting behaviour by "would be" community leaders

"Power clubs" that's flattering, thank you Potato.

Why would we be disgruntled about 2 newly established clubs joining the EDFL? Its great for our league and the kids in those areas.

Good luck to Merryfield and Dallas, hopefully they do well and have great success.

Why would we be disgruntled about 2 newly established clubs joining the EDFL? Its great for our league and the kids in those areas.

Good luck to Merryfield and Dallas, hopefully they do well and have great success.
How are they travelling under new coach Mango ? Expecting them to challenge again ? Hopefully Karl Brown gets a full season to remind everyone how good he is

Power club who can’t even provide adequate change rooms for their visitors 😂😂😂

How are they travelling under new coach Mango ? Expecting them to challenge again ? Hopefully Karl Brown gets a full season to remind everyone how good he is

Pre-season has been going well Gremlin. Could not speak highly enough of Clay and what he has brought to the table.

I would like to think we will improve on last year, but we all know how competitive Premier League is.

Karl "Pup" Brown has looked great this pre-season, has been putting in the work, body seems good and has been a real leader amongst the boys.

It's a great time of year, with footy just around the corner. Can't wait to see all clubs get stuck in.

How long has M McGuane and how many premierships at Keilor? I know he was previously coach of Gisborne until the money ran out.

How long has M McGuane and how many premierships at Keilor? I know he was previously coach of Gisborne until the money ran out.
He won 2 at Gisborne and took them to a dominant Bendigo club, and left them in a state where they continued to play off and win grand finals in the following years. Also took Burnie to a flag in TSL, 3 with Keilor and he when he leaves Keilor they will still be set for the next decade. He may come with a price tag but he’s a bargain in the overall picture. Some clubs LongBlow pay more for a couple of run of the mill midfielders for what Mick gets, I know what I’d prefer 😉

2008 was his first season and has coached them to 4 flags. Good chance to make it 5 in 2024.

So he’s coached one of the biggest spending clubs in Victoria/Australia and he’s won 4 flags and been there since 2008? I know they are hard to win but for all the praise he gets that’s unders for his price tag.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Logged in to raise another point.
Went past Strathmore today no grass down as yet. I may have raised this last time I went past there?
They are fixtured to play there round 6 early May, surely that won’t happen?

So he’s coached one of the biggest spending clubs in Victoria/Australia and he’s won 4 flags and been there since 2008? I know they are hard to win but for all the praise he gets that’s unders for his price tag.

Agree. I thought he must of coached 6 in a row in the EDFL the way people go on about his coaching prowess. In regard to his time at Gisborne my mum could have coached the players he had at his disposal to 2 flags. Mind you I love him on the radio and think he is an under utilized talent that channel 7 should recruit as a special comments man.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor spend nowhere near the amount other clubs have spent and thats in comparison to Marby(with G Allison bankrolling them) Abers, Avo Heights(when they had it), and East Keilor

To each their own but McGuane gets hyped by Keilor people and their rivals equally which is telling, so too is attempting to downplay his success as if 6 flags across a number of comps isn't a damn impressive outcome.
Thats because hes been there for so long and gives more to the club than what the club gives to him. Hes there because its a place that feels like home to him with good people involved.

Thats because hes been there for so long and gives more to the club than what the club gives to him. Hes there because its a place that feels like home to him with good people involved.

Home because a good place to rent is hard to find, he’s sorted through sponsorship right?

He won 2 at Gisborne and took them to a dominant Bendigo club, and left them in a state where they continued to play off and win grand finals in the following years. Also took Burnie to a flag in TSL, 3 with Keilor and he when he leaves Keilor they will still be set for the next decade. He may come with a price tag but he’s a bargain in the overall picture. Some clubs LongBlow pay more for a couple of run of the mill midfielders for what Mick gets, I know what I’d prefer
Didn't know he coached Gissy Grem. What year did he start there? They left the riddell league in 2000 I think.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Yeah and 75k. Worth every cent but don’t come on here and talk like it’s the place that gets him. His not cheap and good for him.

Didn't know he coached Gissy Grem. What year did he start there? They left the riddell league in 2000 I think.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
2002 I think, there 3 years and won 2. When they first entered Bendigo FL. You’ve only got to witness him coach to see how good he is and how he’s players bleed for him. I go to a lot of huddles and you see alot of players focusing on everything else but what the coach is saying, not in Keilor’s huddle. The hate is petty, stems from jealousy and is way off the mark. Plays 90% of this leagues coaches on a break, especially when you look at overall picture and what he has created at Keilor. Is just as successful at getting kids fulfilling their AFL dream!
In regards to his salary whatever it is and includes it covers a full time entire club coach, whilst the 2 clubs spending the most on players in ‘24 have very questionable coaches with the list at disposal!

If anyone is questioning whether Mick can coach they are obviously delusional. Any club in Australia would welcome him into their club and he would have had bigger offers than what he is on at Keilor.

Took Burnie in Tassie from a basket case to winning a flag within 12 months with very limited recruiting and left the place in great shape. Every club he has been at has had success and left them in a better place.

Not sure what anyone could expect more from a coach at their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back