EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They've seemingly lost more than they've gained.
I imagine Keilor, Mores, Pacco, Abers, EK & G'vale will back themselves in to finish ahead of them.
The good thing is we'll know soon enough.
Keilor
Pacco
Deer Park
Airport West
Strathmore

My predictions.

Abers lost a few, G’Vale recruiting mainly VFL aligned players other than Porter full time. EK I don’t think will make it as the appear to have less “quality” than last season.
But who knows!!

Keilor
Pacco
Deer Park
Airport West
Strathmore

My predictions.

Abers lost a few, G’Vale recruiting mainly VFL aligned players other than Porter full time. EK I don’t think will make it as the appear to have less “quality” than last season.
But who knows!!
Your hate for Strathmore showing in this prediction

So Majak Daw to Deer Park I assume. Huge get. Hence DP to finish top 3 easily.
“The North Heidelberg Sporting Club advises all members, sponsors and key stakeholders involved with the club that Majak Daw has parted ways effective immediately,” the he said.

“From a club perspective there are reasonable expectations and commitment levels that are non-negotiable that apply to all our senior listed players and unfortunately Majak has failed to meet those standards over the pre-season.

“We wish Majak all the best in the future“

“The North Heidelberg Sporting Club advises all members, sponsors and key stakeholders involved with the club that Majak Daw has parted ways effective immediately,” the he said.

“From a club perspective there are reasonable expectations and commitment levels that are non-negotiable that apply to all our senior listed players and unfortunately Majak has failed to meet those standards over the pre-season.

“We wish Majak all the best in the future“
Yeah but still a huge get in this league..I applaud North Heidelberg for their stance however Deer Park (amongst other clubs) would allow his absence from training.

Keilor
Pacco
Deer Park
Airport West
Strathmore

My predictions.

But who knows!!
Who knows, I'm admittedly basing a lot of my opinion on player movement as I'm not as close to this comp as some of you.
Abers were impacted by player availability issues last year, you'd expect a stronger showing this year.
Strathmore were Grand Finalists, I can't see them falling away as aggressively as you suggest - Mckernan will be a great pickup & Dumont likewise, when available.
Pacco have recruited strongly again & brought in a quality coach, will it get them over the hump?
Greenvale are a question mark, their best was good but you're right, it does seem they're reliant on their VFL players (picked up another 3).
Deer Park have lost Smart, Quick, Elton and signed VFL players they aren't likely to see (Chatters - Footscray Capt & El nour).
Airport West seem to be building nicely too.
EK will be around the mark but points will likely be an issue again.
It would appear that it'll be a tighter comp which can only be a good thing.
It'd be good to see someone really challenge Keilor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder prediction:
Keilor
Mores
Abers
Pacco
DP
APW
EK
G'Vale
Avondale
Douttas

The top 4 could change positions amongst themselves. APW/DP/EK will be fighting out for the 5th spot G'vale have lost some experience and their 18's last season were terrible so cant see many good kids coming up. Avondale/Douttas will again be somewhere down the bottom.

Turf being laid now
First home fixture at Lebanon is end of June. Prior to that 3 home games at Canning Res, Sewell Res & Windy Hill.
Will provide a challenge for Mores no doubt.

Pascoe Vale with no use of Raeburn might find Rd.2 home game v Mores at Jacana Reserve ? Be a lot better if they could get on Windy Hill, Coburg or even The Hanger ?

Predictions aka ill informed opinions.... Everyone picked Avo & Doutta's to fight out relegation last year!
There have been plenty of poor takes but predicting the teams that finished second & third last may finish on the bottom isn't really amongst them.

Can anyone tell me if the game @ Keilor is being Live streamed on Friday with commentary?
Couldn't tell you the EDFL website still has 2023 match of the round games advertised.
Still haven't updated clearances since March 18th
So either someone inst doing their job or its no on the agenda as a priority
EDFL are asleep at the wheel given games kick off in 2 days

Couldn't tell you the EDFL website still has 2023 match of the round games advertised.
Still haven't updated clearances since March 18th
So either someone inst doing their job or its no on the agenda as a priority
EDFL are asleep at the wheel given games kick off in 2 days

They've usually had a string of podcasts by now too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back