EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Keilor need to ban vehicles from parking on the northern side of the ground. Why do gooses park on the fenceline and then leave their vehicles and wander and watch from somewhere else. The vehicles and the way they are parked on the northern side of the ground around the Keilor coaches box make it nearly impossible to watch the match as a standing spectator. There is plenty of parking in designated areas within the ground and immediately outside the ground. Lazy pricks. Strathmore were average and Keilor were good. Still maintain the the Deer park team of 2023 would have beaten Strathmore in 2023 and today's performance by Strathmore reinforced my view. Keilor is a well oiled machine in nearly every aspect. Outstanding food and service at the kiosk, cold drinks and excellent service in the bar and a very professional well drilled football team of players, coaches, trainers etc. It was pleasing to see that Keilor and Strathmore coaching teams were given identical facilities to coach from !. The difference between Keilor and Strathmore is akin to authentic and fake.

Keilor need to ban vehicles from parking on the northern side of the ground. Why do gooses park on the fenceline and then leave their vehicles and wander and watch from somewhere else. The vehicles and the way they are parked on the northern side of the ground around the Keilor coaches box make it nearly impossible to watch the match as a standing spectator. There is plenty of parking in designated areas within the ground and immediately outside the ground. Lazy pricks. Strathmore were average and Keilor were good. Still maintain the the Deer park team of 2023 would have beaten Strathmore in 2023 and today's performance by Strathmore reinforced my view. Keilor is a well oiled machine in nearly every aspect. Outstanding food and service at the kiosk, cold drinks and excellent service in the bar and a very professional well drilled football team of players, coaches, trainers etc. It was pleasing to see that Keilor and Strathmore coaching teams were given identical facilities to coach from !. The difference between Keilor and Strathmore is akin to authentic and fake.
Every post just gets better and better 🍻

Typical of the leagues going for the cheapest options. I hope they go back to Clutch TV.
Scores on playhq still not working. Today's game in both divisions aren't even on there. What a shitshow.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

And the clubs each pay $220 for that so called privilege. I wouldn’t pay if I were K &S

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Keilor very impressive, decent game until 3/4 time. Keilor much, much fitter and could have won by alot more. Benchmark again
I agree Keilor ball movement was far superior to Strathmore but few injuries early Jones and one other left Strathmore with only 2 on bench for most of day and it showed late in game.

No McKernan either so I think they will be much more even next time around. Keilor definitely still the benchmark but Strathmore bit closer that score reflected. Think they still top 2 or 3 for mine

I agree Keilor ball movement was far superior to Strathmore but few injuries early Jones and one other left Strathmore with only 2 on bench for most of day and it showed late in game.

No McKernan either so I think they will be much more even next time around. Keilor definitely still the benchmark but Strathmore bit closer that score reflected. Think they still top 2 or 3 for mine
Round 1 Keilor v Deer Park will be a beauty. Deer Park will definitely challenge imo. They will be top 3-4.

Saad confirmed ACL I heard yesterday. Very disappointing news for player, club and league as always like to see these guns out playing. Apparently was firing in the practice games as well.

In recent years Strathmore have proven they can overcome slow starts and injuries. Noticed Galluci on the sidelines, and is Vavra missing or not playing this season ? Missed him dearly.

Agree it’s Keilor, PV & SM as top 3, at least until we see a few more rounds. 2 weeks has Deer Park v Keilor, APW v Abers and EK v SM, will be a fascinating round.

If there is a way to beat Keilor it might be with quality height, they don’t look overly strong in the air. In saying that, good luck when the ball hits the deck or you make a turnover!

Round 1 Keilor v Deer Park will be a beauty. Deer Park will definitely challenge imo. They will be top 3-4.

Saad confirmed ACL I heard yesterday. Very disappointing news for player, club and league as always like to see these guns out playing. Apparently was firing in the practice games as well.
Keilor easily on this occasion, DP will get better as the year goes however will need a lot of luck with injuries as don’t have much depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keilor are certainly a well drilled outfit. Strathmore were impressive at times and McKernan will definitely straighten them up when available. Seemed like the Strathmore players in the front half got sucked into following the pill and over committed their numbers at the ball allowing Keilors handball game and run to carve them up on the rebound. They were caught out of position on numerous occasions instead of playing man on man to make them more accountable. They are slick with ball in hands and want the opposition to engage to pick them apart via ball movement with superior skills. Definitely the team to beat again albiet l haven't seen the other Premier sides thus far.

In recent years Strathmore have proven they can overcome slow starts and injuries. Noticed Galluci on the sidelines, and is Vavra missing or not playing this season ? Missed him dearly.

Agree it’s Keilor, PV & SM as top 3, at least until we see a few more rounds. 2 weeks has Deer Park v Keilor, APW v Abers and EK v SM, will be a fascinating round.

If there is a way to beat Keilor it might be with quality height, they don’t look overly strong in the air. In saying that, good luck when the ball hits the deck or you make a turnover!
Strathmore lost Harry Jones (ex vfl) in first ten minutes of the game. Galluci at half time. Jury and Denning at 3qtr time. Plus one of the young blokes got kneed in the back and played through it. Tough without the rotations and couldn’t run out the game

Agree on the height.
They don’t seem to have a legit ruckmen.
Surprised they didn’t recruit one losing Marsh.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DP must have shares in a paper bag manufacturer 😂😂Points going to be a big challenge each week

I don’t think you will see him for 4-6 weeks. Unless they play him massively under done which is dumb for such an investment. He will be miles behind with any fitness base. The north heidelberg version of Daw is a good two -3 months off if he knuckles down, . If he gets the base back, practically unstoppable if delivered in good spots heading into 50.

Yeah but still a huge get in this league..I applaud North Heidelberg for their stance however Deer Park (amongst other clubs) would allow his absence from training.
Absence from training & the continuous bullshit excuses then lied to the playing group was the end of it.

I don’t think you will see him for 4-6 weeks. Unless they play him massively under done which is dumb for such an investment. He will be miles behind with any fitness base. The north heidelberg version of Daw is a good two -3 months off if he knuckles down, . If he gets the base back, practically unstoppable if delivered in good spots heading into 50.
I tend to agree somewhat but Majak doesn’t carry weight so his fitness will be fine especially on the smaller type edfl grounds. Train 2 nights leading into round 1 he plays. Deer Park will try and make a statement early I reckon..

I tend to agree somewhat but Majak doesn’t carry weight so his fitness will be fine especially on the smaller type edfl grounds. Train 2 nights leading into round 1 he plays. Deer Park will try and make a statement early I

Of course he has most people genetically covered for fitness but this isn’t div 3 footy: The speed, Bumps, knocks, off zero training base. It would be an ego selection which could backfire if they did it in round 1 imo. Interesting to see how it plays out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back