EDFL Premier Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah on Thursday I heard that story. That’s a disgrace and clubs should refuse to buy from them all game. Good on the DP person to show the balls to confront them as that’s not what local footy is about. Really poor form Keilor FC.
just had a look at the dp facebook page on Saturday they put up a code of conduct for supporters has the edfl got involved? would love to no the reasons ?

Anyone have any idea why Keighton Matofai-Forbes was named to play Keilor Thirds on Friday night? Understand seniors, reserves and 18s prem did not play on the weekend just gone as they played Good Friday instead.
they played him, only played a quarter and a bit apparently and didn't kick any, micks idea for sure tho id say so he qualifies for finals for his mob, edfl need to change the rule if so a thirds game can't count as a senior game

That club might be a powerhouse but it’s fu&&&& local footy and this competition with underhanded tactics for years. They have absolutely ruined junior footy..by raiding other clubs talent for years with incentive offers. Yes 2 other clubs were doing similar things but not as bad and another club is now reasonably strong due to following a similar path to compete.
It’s a big joke really and should have been stamped out as they have dug the holes for others clubs to be buried. As well as wrecking the competitive nature of footy.
spot on turb, hillside and Keilor are the main 2 that have been doing it of recent, hillside more following keilors model in senior age groups to be strong all the way through and less with anything with their juniors as they have lost their good juniors to being poached by Keilor (km Forbes), Keilor do it through the whole club from juniors up which is ******* the league and makes micky boy the genius
Did he actually play ?
Find it strange that in a game where Keilor Thirds won by 7 goals, that he didn’t kick any. He has been playing fwd at Jets and vic metro..

Happy to be corrected if he just had an “ off night”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
played a quarter anda bit apparently, must of being going pretty easy and played limited but still only something Keilor or hillside would do

Jets list…
Good junior representation across clubs? (Not!)

Under-18 Boys

Hussein Kadour (East Keilor)
Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lachlan Fitzgerald (Keilor)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Keighton Matofai-Forbes(Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Christian Olivieri (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)
Lachlan Fazzolari (Keilor)

unsure if that suggests Keilor genuinely owns a third of the regions U18 pathways relevant talent or further confirms the thoughts of many that networking adults and lazy club nominations is now the go across many regions

Jets list…

Under-18 Boys

Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)

What a joke. There's a premiership team there.

Jets list…

Under-18 Boys

Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)
Disgraceful edfl officials need to open there eyes & stop this in the future as the whole competition in all ages is suffering & disadvantaged by all this.

they played him, only played a quarter and a bit apparently and didn't kick any, micks idea for sure tho id say so he qualifies for finals for his mob, edfl need to change the rule if so a thirds game can't count as a senior game

It works the other way around

If played a senior game, you became ineligible to play thirds, but nothing precluding it if not played senior football

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Disgraceful edfl officials need to open there eyes & stop this in the future as the whole competition in all ages is suffering & disadvantaged by all this.
I should clarify.. That list is the EDFL contingent of Jets list..
Full list is 49 players with EDFL (Keilor!) roughly a 1/3rd,

Jets list…

Under-18 Boys

Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)
Imagine how good Hillside could be if a raft of their best juniors didn't miraculously end up elsewhere.
I'm sure that it's incredibly frustrating for other clubs to be told that players are departing to play in the top division but you're unable to get there yourself due to having the cream skimmed from the top consistently.
I don't begrudge clubs for acting in their own self-interest but jeez, it does appear to be a broken system at present.

Imagine how good Hillside could be if a raft of their best juniors didn't miraculously end up elsewhere.
I'm sure that it's incredibly frustrating for other clubs to be told that players are departing to play in the top division but you're unable to get there yourself due to having the cream skimmed from the top consistently.
I don't begrudge clubs for acting in their own self-interest but jeez, it does appear to be a broken system at present.
Where does keilor get its money from? Or are volunteers just putting in the work ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes that club getting shafted is in fact in div1 juniors but they move across to get selected at jets as it’s heavily influenced plus they get $$ incentives.
So he is well known to raid the competition which is again poor..

Sometimes that club getting shafted is in fact in div1 juniors but they move across to get selected at jets as it’s heavily influenced plus they get $$ incentives.
So he is well known to raid the competition which is again poor..
With the declining relevance of the Talent League, I would have hoped that these sorts of practices would have eased up.

Jets list…

Under-18 Boys

Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)
The move of keighton to Keilor was in his 18.5 year so that’s reasonable to want to play premier 18s / senior footy. He played up until 16s with Hillside and if they happened to go up he would most likely go back and align with Hillside. Keighton is a ripping kid and I’m sure would always give back to Hillside as that’s his club..

Jets list…

Under-18 Boys

Noah Asciak (Hillside)
Lucca Grego (Keilor)
Miller Harvey (Keilor)
Astin Hewell (Keilor)
Aidan Hobson (Keilor)
Kade Long (Keilor)
Blair Marsden (Keilor)
Lachie McArthur (Keilor)
Thomas McGuane (Keilor)
Noah McMenamin (Keilor)
Massimo Raso (Keilor)
Darcy Weeks (Keilor)
5 Hilside /Keilor lads there 😂😂👍🏼

At the completion of round 3 it is apparent that the loss of Luke Goater, Bailey Morrish & Kane Testa from the Deer Park line up has cruelled them of what would have almost certainly been a premiership in their first year of Premier League. Nothing I have seen from Keilor, Greenvale or Pascoe Vale would suggest they would have beaten a full strength Deer Park line up. Further to this I see very little difference in standard between wrfl & edfl and would go as far to say that unless the edfl has fallen away then the flags that Deer Park won in the wrfl would have been a lot harder to win than any edfl premier flag in the corresponding period. The amount of ex afl in the wrfl over the period would be reflective of the standard being higher than edfl. EDFL is certainly a softer competition and that is evident by the impact the small forwards seem to make in the edfl. If Keilor is the yardstick with 4 flags in 20 years as a fully professional outfit with a huge junior program then it doesn't say much for the rest of the competition. The edfl should be thankful that Deer Park has brought some spectator power to the edfl because greenvale & Pascoe Vale have 2 cats and a dog for support.

At the completion of round 3 it is apparent that the loss of Luke Goater, Bailey Morrish & Kane Testa from the Deer Park line up has cruelled them of what would have almost certainly been a premiership in their first year of Premier League. Nothing I have seen from Keilor, Greenvale or Pascoe Vale would suggest they would have beaten a full strength Deer Park line up. Further to this I see very little difference in standard between wrfl & edfl and would go as far to say that unless the edfl has fallen away then the flags that Deer Park won in the wrfl would have been a lot harder to win than any edfl premier flag in the corresponding period. The amount of ex afl in the wrfl over the period would be reflective of the standard being higher than edfl. EDFL is certainly a softer competition and that is evident by the impact the small forwards seem to make in the edfl. If Keilor is the yardstick with 4 flags in 20 years as a fully professional outfit with a huge junior program then it doesn't say much for the rest of the competition. The edfl should be thankful that Deer Park has brought some spectator power to the edfl because greenvale & Pascoe Vale have 2 cats and a dog for support.

A very interesting take on a side who has lost their first 3 games in the division by an average margin of just under 50 points…

Beers or just straight shots? Just want to know the secret ingredients you use before you write. I’ll tell you one thing, it’s entertaining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back