EDFL Premier Div 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong - suggest you research the facts before shooting from the hip !!
League statement:
ESSENDON DOUTTA STARS FC – BREACH 1
Essendon Doutta Stars FC has breached Player Payment Rule 4(b)(i) for not lodging all Non-Contracted Player Statements within the prescribed time frames.
The Club has not been sanctioned for this breach.
ESSENDON DOUTTA STARS FC – BREACH 2
Essendon Doutta Stars FC has breached Player Payment Rule 4(d)(i) for not disclosing all player payments in its Final Declaration.
The Club has been reprimanded for this breach.
Sorry to pop your bubble Shoal you may need to send an apology . Round 9 versus Greenvale EDS played a kid with the wrong points. EDS found guilty and fined a minimal amount due to the program just starting.

Sorry to pop your bubble Shoal you may need to send an apology . Round 9 versus Greenvale EDS played a kid with the wrong points. EDS found guilty and fined a minimal amount due to the program just starting.
Yes partial apology extended to Hutchy. However, potential difference to one genuine mistake as opposed to manipulation over multiple games if proved correct

Yes partial apology extended to Hutchy. However, potential difference to one genuine mistake as opposed to manipulation over multiple games if proved correct

And the fact that that player only attracted extra points against Greenvale and no other team

And the fact that that player only attracted extra points against Greenvale and no other team
They got caught in the kids first senior game, and if he hadn't been picked up then he would have played the whole year with those reduced points, then again, EDS might have contacted the league and said This player should be more points , yeah right

Some facts on this one
Douttas found guilty of having an U19 player 1 point over what he was entered at and fined.
Player had come over from Greenvale as they had no U19s that year. Played well enough to be picked in Seniors.
Volunteer of 20 years made an honest mistake on the points allocated. Greenvale flogged Douttas and then fired in complaint to EDFL re points.
Volunteer mortified he had cost the club a fine.
Not as interesting as the nonsense on here but there you go.

Some facts on this one
Douttas found guilty of having an U19 player 1 point over what he was entered at and fined.
Player had come over from Greenvale as they had no U19s that year. Played well enough to be picked in Seniors.
Volunteer of 20 years made an honest mistake on the points allocated. Greenvale flogged Douttas and then fired in complaint to EDFL re points.

Good system isn’t it NOT. Surely there is some allowance for this type of thing where a player moves clubs for a legitimate reason. Unfortunately at times the volunteer is the scapegoat.

Good system isn’t it NOT. Surely there is some allowance for this type of thing where a player moves clubs for a legitimate reason. Unfortunately at times the volunteer is the scapegoat.
It’s a bit rich to blame a volunteer. Why didn’t the football ops change his points. As a default all new players that swap clubs are put in a 6 points then it’s up to the clubs to change them to the apporiate points. So that job should be up to Football manager or club secertary. So it’s a bit off a cop out to blame a volunteer. I’m sure the club new what they were doing to try avoid going over points cap

It’s a bit rich to blame a volunteer. Why didn’t the football ops change his points. As a default all new players that swap clubs are put in a 6 points then it’s up to the clubs to change them to the apporiate points. So that job should be up to Football manager or club secertary. So it’s a bit off a cop out to blame a volunteer. I’m sure the club new what they were doing to try avoid going over points cap

Clubs already struggle to find good people to fill roles and this points system makes it even more difficult. Yes it has some merit but I still say it was implemented in a rush and not carefully reviewed. This example is a young kid in the under 19s who’s club couldn’t field a side so he had little option but to move clubs. Bit harsh to rate him extra points.

This is a nonsense , EDS have made an error that was not going to make them go over the points as they were well under there allocation so really this is all rubbish.
Also it does not make a difference regarding an individual club and player. Points are the same for whatever team you play against.
So team manager made an error that didn’t affect the result or competition greatly Douttas could of added 10 more points and been under the allocation.
EDFL surely would know this and so would Greenvale. Why it became an issue is ridiculous. After all EDS are just giving a home to a player whose own club couldn’t provide him a spot to play.

This is a nonsense , EDS have made an error that was not going to make them go over the points as they were well under there allocation so really this is all rubbish.
Also it does not make a difference regarding an individual club and player. Points are the same for whatever team you play against.
So team manager made an error that didn’t affect the result or competition greatly Douttas could of added 10 more points and been under the allocation.
EDFL surely would know this and so would Greenvale. Why it became an issue is ridiculous. After all EDS are just giving a home to a player whose own club couldn’t provide him a spot to play.
Its simple WTF1. To hop on here and comment you need to know something about the history of the clubs within the league and what has happened over the last couple of years. If you don't know exactly what happened in the EDS v Greenvale Round 9 game its best you don't comment.
EDS were over the points. They played with more than 48 points. They exceeded the point allowance. They tried to rort the system . And they got caught. The volunteer was distraught, he tried his best, he didn't know , blah blah blah. They tried to cheat and got caught. Do you follow.

Its simple WTF1. To hop on here and comment you need to know something about the history of the clubs within the league and what has happened over the last couple of years. If you don't know exactly what happened in the EDS v Greenvale Round 9 game its best you don't comment.
EDS were over the points. They played with more than 48 points. They exceeded the point allowance. They tried to rort the system . And they got caught. The volunteer was distraught, he tried his best, he didn't know , blah blah blah. They tried to cheat and got caught. Do you follow.
Entitled to your assumption and opinion, yes they exceeded points for that game, however it was not a conscious "cheating" act. You must take delight when you look in the mirror each day and know you are perfect!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Entitled to your assumption and opinion, yes they exceeded points for that game, however it was not a conscious "cheating" act. You must take delight when you look in the mirror each day and know you are perfect!!
Has nothing to do with being perfect. When Abers went over the salary cap at the end of last year was that just a mistake by a distraught volunteer , or did they try to cheat and got caught. Is that different now or are they both honest mistakes (cheating)

That would mean what we read on a weekly basis under team points is a long way out, as they come in as 31 points that day plus the one or two extra for player in question is 33.
So how many are in the system wrong then?

That would mean what we read on a weekly basis under team points is a long way out, as they come in as 31 points that day plus the one or two extra for player in question is 33.
So how many are in the system wrong then?

It was last year mate. You need some more facts before blindly having a crack.
Whatever the intent (Jack Harris) they exceeded points for that game and were punished by way of a fine. End of story.

In one of tightest seasons in recent years there has to be better things to talk about. Any games between top 6 at the moment can genuinely go either way on the day. Going to be 2 very good sides miss out but 4 in form teams play off in a classic final series. Couldn’t possibly pick it at this stage but it’s going to be a great finish.
Keen to hear everyone’s thoughts on their predicted top 4 and Premiers ?
Mine ....

Marby - to finish on top. Very consistent and in form at the moment. Out in straight sets though.

Keilor - if Maric gets into form and Browne returns it could be very influential come the business end. Galea best FF in the game and performs on big stage. Best coach by daylight.

Abers - will finish 3rd/4th but still the Premiership favourite for mine. Hard to score against a full strength Abers defence which will hold up.

Pacco - earns the last finals spot edging out Greenvale and Strathmore. Talented list, big key forwards & gun CHB. Weakness in the ruck and not sure mids run as deep as other teams.

Greenvale & Strathmore - STIFF!!!!

Whatever the intent (Jack Harris) they exceeded points for that game and were punished by way of a fine. End of story.

In one of tightest seasons in recent years there has to be better things to talk about. Any games between top 6 at the moment can genuinely go either way on the day. Going to be 2 very good sides miss out but 4 in form teams play off in a classic final series. Couldn’t possibly pick it at this stage but it’s going to be a great finish.
Mine ....

Marby - to finish on top. Very consistent and in form at the moment. Out in straight sets though.

Keilor - if Maric gets into form and Browne returns it could be very influential come the business end. Galea best FF in the game and performs on big stage. Best coach by daylight.

Abers - will finish 3rd/4th but still the Premiership favourite for mine. Hard to score against a full strength Abers defence which will hold up.

Pacco - earns the last finals spot edging out Greenvale and Strathmore. Talented list, big key forwards & gun CHB. Weakness in the ruck and not sure mids run as deep as other teams.

Hard to disagree with this Gremlin. The only part I can't fully agree with is the Marby out in straight sets comment only because I think whoever finishes on the other side of the top 2 is just as much chance to suffer the same fate. A bit like the world cup at the moment, in a one off game I think anyone is capable of beating anyone.

Hard to disagree with this Gremlin. The only part I can't fully agree with is the Marby out in straight sets comment only because I think whoever finishes on the other side of the top 2 is just as much chance to suffer the same fate. A bit like the world cup at the moment, in a one off game I think anyone is capable of beating anyone.

Yep. Certainly no right or wrong answers, it’s just so tight!

Mine ....

Maric clearance submitted on 30June

Some facts on this one

That Volunteer a past player and true legend of the club with more than 40 years under his belt, salt of the earth, wish there were more like him

Does that mean he can no longer play at Keilor

I have a feeling with the 'one-off games' you can be cleared back to the club post 30 June. On another note, fantastic effort by Mikka James on playing his 350 games tomorrow against a side that when he started playing was one of Keilor's biggest rivals. Hopefully EDS acknowledge the effort accordingly.

PV v SM the only real game of interest finals wise. Makes it a bit harder for the loser to stay in touch with top 4. PV at home for me.

I have a feeling with the 'one-off games' you can be cleared back to the club post 30 June. On another note, fantastic effort by Mikka James on playing his 350 games tomorrow against a side that when he started playing was one of Keilor's biggest rivals. Hopefully EDS acknowledge the effort accordingly.

PV v SM the only real game of interest finals wise. Makes it a bit harder for the loser to stay in touch with top 4. PV at home for me.

Haha there is no chance of EDS acknowledging anything regarding Keilor mate. It wasn’t long ago that unsavoury incident occurred and they haven’t forgot it. I know it had nothing to do with James but as a club/team can’t see them forgetting it anytime soon.

But I also agree it’s a great effort for James to still be playing premier standard footy and contributing each week. Also had a couple of injuries along the way if I’m correct. A true legend of Keilor and the EDFL. Good luck to him.

Good effort to Mikka but I would like to know how many of those are senior games? Bit of a joke clubs posting 200 and 300 gamers recently and making them out like they are senior games... For me there's a big distinction between club games and senior games

Eg pound 200 games - lucky to have played 80 senior games

Good effort to Mikka but I would like to know how many of those are senior games? Bit of a joke clubs posting 200 and 300 gamers recently and making them out like they are senior games... For me there's a big distinction between club games and senior games

Eg pound 200 games - lucky to have played 80 senior games
Are you referring to senior football. Not club games.
Mikka probably has 200-220 senior games so that’s a great effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back