Recruiting EFC Trade/Draft Talk III - 1 McClug, 1 Billings (AND ROSS) for 4th rounder get it done dodoro

Who should we take with pick 1?

• Hugh McCluggage

Votes: 202 59.6%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 50 14.7%
  • SPS

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Rhys Mathieson

Votes: 30 8.8%
  • Jack Billings

Votes: 22 6.5%
  • Ben Ainsworth

Votes: 9 2.7%
  • A well pickled ham

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • A bag of mouldy spuds

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • A rancid orange

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • A floury apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An over mushy pear

• A rock hard mandarin

• A braised brussel sprout

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah we'll have room fam. Between delistings and rookie upgrades we'll be fine.
Agree we'll probably only have 4 or 5 guys come in through the ND, then obviously there's the possibility of player via trade, etc. Plenty of room.

Does anyone else think they were only open to trading Pick 2 because the AFL said they'd be getting a priority pick, and then they found out what it would be :p

With the lions getting a PP i guess it's time to revise again about what other compensation picks could potentially lower our 2nd and Melbourne 2nd rounder currently 20 and 27 respectively.

Daniel wells rumored to be offered 3 yrs @ 600k which could potentially be an end of 1st round pick for norf. Our picks 20 and 27 slide 1 if that's the case.
Chris Mayne rumoured to be offered a 4year 500k contract which could see Freeo get a 2nd round pick. Our pick stays as is, however Melbourne's slides 1.
Tyrone Vickery rumored to be offered a 3 year deal from the hawks. Richmond to potentially match and seek a trade (better for us), but if they don't they'll probably get end of 2nd round compo with a slight chance of it being after their 2nd pick.

Worst case scenario: Our pick 20 becomes pick 23, Melbourne 30.
Best case: Our picks don't change.
What i believe: We slide 1 pick to 21 and 28 after Mayne compensation.

Surely wells isn't getting 600k a year!!! And i would b very surprised if mayne gets 500k a year for 4 years!!!

I'm curious to hear what the Essendon VFL watchers thought about Bruno Laguda this season? Just 6 games in the 1st half of the year before doing his shoulder but 15.5 disposals is a nice contribution from an undrafted player 1 year out of junior footy.

I thought scintillating and Gleeson in same sentence was quite odd.

Overstatement but the sentiment was fair. He was the most consistent he'd been using the ball with very few errors and was taking some very impressive marks running back with the flight.

I'm curious to hear what the Essendon VFL watchers thought about Bruno Laguda this season? Just 6 games in the 1st half of the year before doing his shoulder but 15.5 disposals is a nice contribution from an undrafted player 1 year out of junior footy.
A nice contribution, I don't know if he's good enough for top level though.

So with only 3 list spots available (likely 4 when we delist Kommer), I think that means its unlikely we gain a player through free agency. 1, 19, likely 26 and 37 are all good picks and must be used alongside the PSD pick 1. Thats 5 picks that we should use, but only 3/4 list spots available. Even pick 55 is a good pick and should be used, especially with dodoros recent late draft hits.

If we cant package up 26/37/55 up for a higher pick, say GWS' pick 16 or one of GCs pick in the 20's, then I'm not sure what we do in the draft. Surely we dont just use picks 1, 19, 26 and either 37 or the psd pick 1.

If the O'meara trade doesn't get done with the Hawks next week you watch how quick we will delist someone's arse to free up a spot to use in the PSD haha!

I hope we can wrangle a pick at 10ish, I'd love Oliver Florent.
I'd prefer 4 and 8 from GC to snare Taranto and Florent, than pick 1.

I like Florent, but surely we could get him a lot lower than 8. At 8 you would be looking at Taranto, Battle and others.

I like Florent, but surely we could get him a lot lower than 8. At 8 you would be looking at Taranto, Battle and others.

Doubt Battle goes top 15. Florent will, reckon he got elevated more than anyone else from exhibition game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the idea of trading for 2017 first round picks. From what I hear it looms as a strong draft - be handy holding a first round pick in addition to our own next year - would not be against sliding pick 1, if we picked up a potentially strong first round pick next year.

Try this:

Pick 1 to North Melbourne for pick 11 this year, and their first round pick next year.

Ballsy, risky - could pay off.

I would hope that Dodoro would lose his job if he did this trade.

I would hope that Dodoro would lose his job if he did this trade.

No team would do that trade.

Good day today.

No Hamish $600k a year Hartlett - tick
No Koby Stevens - tick
Looking more likely we keep No. 1 pick (McGrath/McClugg) - tick
F### all chance of trading Fantasia for Hartlett...what a joke! - tick

In all seriousness, why wouldn't we package up all our picks, send them to GC for their three top 10 picks? We can upgrade Walla with pick 91 or whatever. Could come away with McCluggage, Brodie and Taranto.
...because Gold Coast want to use early picks? Even if they have to match an early Bowes bid, or give up a couple to avoid that scenario, they'll still have a pick or two in the 5-15 range.

Why does the AFL literature say 25?
You're looking at the initial proposal, which had 25% for academies and 15% for father-sons.

Strikes me as a VFL ceiling. Nothing screams AFL quality.

Wellman, Sean - Ambrose, Patrick
Wallis, Dean - Hurley, Michael
Johnson, Mark - Baguley, Mark
Hardwick, Damien - Francis, Aaron
Solomon, Dean - Gleeson, Martin
Fletcher, Dustin - Hartley, Michael
Ramanauskas, Adam - Heppell, Dyson
Heffernan, Chris - Myers, David
Blumfield, Justin - Goddard, Brendon
Caracella, Blake - Langford, Kyle
Hird, James -
Long, Michael - Zaharakis, David
Lucas, Scott - Hooker, Cale
Mercuri, Mark - Watson, Jobe
Lloyd, Matthew - Daniher, Joe
Barnard, Paul - Laverde, Jayden
Barnes, John - Leuenberger, Matthew
Johnson, Jason - Merrett, Zach
Misiti, Joe - Parish, Darcy
Alessio, Steven - Bellchambers, Tom
Bewick, Darren - Colyer, Travis
Moorcroft, Gary - Fantasia, Orazio

What to do with that million or so dollars......

Hird, James - Hugh McCluggage

Fixed.

Hird, James -

Start by buying a few dvds of the 2000 season? That's delusional pearlers worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back