Preview Elimination Final vs Richmond Tigers @ the Gabba, Thu Sep 1 7:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
lot of people in here want fagan to tear strips off the team publicly for whatever reason

i dont get it

if fagan was as doom and gloom as the sentiment around here is he would tell them to pack their bags and join paddy cripps in noosa already
Instead of laughing at Sizematters post, what exactly is so funny or where is he / she wrong? He hit the nail on the end.
well for a start there's the bit where he said Starc hadn't improved/stepped up

Whatdya mean “forming”? The clique vs anti-clique battle on this board has been raging longer than time itself.
The Over 50’s Clique is the smartest clique. It’s scientific.

Did you hear Fagan on 360 - just commented that we won the first half against Tigers and they won the second half and also spoke of learnings - god help me, surely its schtick - few pre-prepared excuses to i thought about a probably exit in a couple of days time.

I mean what are you expecting 2 days out from an EF? “Yeah nah we really cooked the goose on that one, anyway we’ve learned a lot from it, here’s a brief rundown of our gameplan for how we’ll deal with them this time. Don’t bother taking notes, I’ll put a PDF copy up on Facebook after the show”

If it is, then why arent the same standards being applied to McStay?

Sorry, I thought it was fairly obvious but maybe not. McStay is and was already regular best 22. Dev has never been, so if he’s gone, no point in promoting him.

I reckon Richmond might be hesitant playing Rioli on him because Cameron will play quite deep which could expose Rioli in a one-on-one marking contest, but you also lose some of Rioli's run off half back. A bigger body like Broad probably makes more sense.
If Cameron plays deep it will be Broad , Rioli will get the hand off if runs off or the coaches might just go Baker on him

If Fagan does not make changes to the line up and is not prepared to mix things up if we are getting beaten, then Fagan will be proven to be one dimensional and I will lose faith in his tactical nous.Fagan you need to embrace change because change can be a good thing and may help us advance as a team.

My confidence has been low since the Tigers were confirmed as our opponent for this game, if anything it has lessened over the last week, the only thing that will turn it around is if Fages makes a bit of a statement come the team announcement tomorrow night eg. Lyons out for Dev.

If we play all of Matho, Dev, Neale and Lyons I can not see Dev getting anywhere near a decent crack at his preferred/best role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've bought tickets and will walk into the stadium with a lot of hope of a turn around of our form. But this is the first final I am walking into over the last 4 years which I fully expect we will lose. Bit sad in a way, shows how we have regressed a bit (expectations are a funny thing).

I've bought tickets and will walk into the stadium with a lot of hope of a turn around of our form. But this is the first final I am walking into over the last 4 years which I fully expect we will lose. Bit sad in a way, shows how we have regressed a bit (expectations are a funny thing).
On a positive note if we are still in the game 5 mins in then we will have improved on our last one! :)

Think the lack of enthusiasm for this one is for a couple of different reasons. Obviously not finishing top 4, we know in reality the chances of progressing past the following week are slim anyway. That, coupled with our pretty bog average form for most of the year has us all pretty pessimistic about the team right now.

It would be bloody nice to knock a big Melbourne club out in the first week though, especially given the narrative around us compared to them right now.

I like that we are entering finals with zero expectations on us. Almost ready to crash and roll over.

Fagan should pin all these expert messages on team rooms, use it as motivation to try and galvanize the group. That's exactly what Beveridge does with Bulldogs - build an "us against everyone" mentality. He has done it many times and uses every single article or potshot against Bulldogs to get the team to fire up. This is where all coaches including Fagan are going to earn their keep.

Best week to do it considering pretty much everyone (including a lot of our own supporters) is expecting us to roll over.

You would play Robbo in JL's position?
Yes I would give him a run in the middle for large periods, especially the first half. IF we can get in front by a few goals, hopefully home grown support can get us home, unlike at the 'G'.

Sorry, I thought it was fairly obvious but maybe not. McStay is and was already regular best 22. Dev has never been, so if he’s gone, no point in promoting him.
If he is going to be an improvement than say for example Lyons then why wouldn't you.
Next year is next year , we aren't playing for next year , he is still on our list.
We are lacking defensive running , plain and simple.
Do we want to win this game or not.

Up against it. If we win it'll be that we finished above, we should have won, if lost, even if it's by 1 point after the siren, it'll be, they choked!
I want some flat track bully action to knock Richmond out..after that I don’t care

I don't know why Rich keeps taking the kick in if he's going to chip 20m. He's better off being the second kick taking it from 20m to beyond half way. If he does take them, needs to be 60-70m otherwise he's just clocking up useless stats.
And here I was earlier in the year being told that he always goes to a contest down the line and we were so predictable and bad because of it, even though there were plenty of examples of him taking the free man... :D

Rich always goes for the safe kick as a preference, even if it's short because it opens up more options. If no one is presenting or free, he'll go the long kick then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back