England vs Ireland - Only Test, Lord's, 24th-27th July 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

And the Irish boys have hit the front only 2 wickets down.Keep it going lads and build a big lead.Run a ball stuff from Stirling to.Must admit I thought Ireland would have been 5 or 6 out by now.Good on them,good for the future of international test cricket.Last 10 overs 0 for 65.

Last edited:

I think what this shows is that pace is not everything. Too many people focussing on pace.. if you bowl at a decent speed and move the ball around it's difficult to play. It's how Sayers has got so many wickets and why we suck in England - we don't have bowlers who can move a ball with the exception of Starc who doesn't know where he is pitching it or swinging it 90% of the time.

All Ireland today. Hats off to them. Almost everything has gone wrong for England, mostly their own fault.

They passed rules that 4 day tests were allowed a while ago I think, just isn't usually atm used other than with the new full members.

Ok cool - looks like they’re using the same rules as the women

Fair enough - especially with fledgling nations (despite this performance)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England will be batting again today.

Don’t worry about the 4 day test. This will be lucky to get to the end of 3.

Those scores from the Australian practice match are not looking so bad now. Imagine what Cummings, Pattinson & co would have done to the Poms.

When England finally got themselves together they bowled pretty well. Olly Stone has had a good debut so far. The trick with him will be keeping him fit.

Has anyone ever sent out a nightwatchman to protect an opening batsman before?
This is the situation that it always occurs in. 1 over left in the day, if a wicket falls its stumps. I can think of this match where it happened and Dhammika Prasad was sent up to open for 1 over.

This is the situation that it always occurs in. 1 over left in the day, if a wicket falls its stumps. I can think of this match where it happened and Dhammika Prasad was sent up to open for 1 over.

Pretty poor by openers though I think. It's part of the job description

England still favourites for mine, unfortunately. They could easily make 300+ here as I can't see them getting stung twice. I wouldn't be confident of the Irish chasing more than 150ish in the second dig. Still, amazing first day. Good for cricket.

Good stuff from Balbirnie and Big Man Stirling. Will be tough for them to skittle England again now that the pitch is probably a bit friendlier though.

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, a lot of their success was due to poor batting from England - they've got problems. The most solid batsmen are probably Root and Woakes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back