EPL Matchday 16 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Theres no way they don't take him, but now they are a Kane injury away from being totally ****ed at CF and Southgates style of play relies on Kane up top in a role that Toney could do.

Not taking Toney looks as dumb as not taking a good backup keeper because you think your first choice will be injury free/be in top form.

But he's taking Wilson?

Wilson isn't the same type of forward as Toney though, just how Rashford can't play that role either.

I can't see Wilson or Rashford dragging Brentford over the line V City in the same way Toney did either.

Maybe he's planning for a different style if he has to play either Wilson or Rashford?

Theres no way they don't take him, but now they are a Kane injury away from being totally ****ed at CF and Southgates style of play relies on Kane up top in a role that Toney could do.

Not taking Toney looks as dumb as not taking a good backup keeper because you think your first choice will be injury free/be in top form.
Frankly if Kane gets injured England goes nowhere anywhere

I mean their squad this time while similar is very out of form and are unlikely to make it past the Quarters. Not everything is stuck in the past like yourself.

Well your post did make reference to how they 'go' meaning past performances, so there is that.. You didn't say 'will go'.

But sure, just go 0-100 like you always do.

Well your post did make reference to how they 'go' meaning past performances, so there is that.. You didn't say 'will go'.

But sure, just go 0-100 like you always do.
Obvious is obvious but like usual you just want to create an argument out of nothing.

Bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dropping from Nations League A to B is not a good sign of recent form for England.
Will have done very well to go past the QF.

Don't think Southgate's system gets the best out of the squad.

Done better than most recent managers to be honest. I don't think it's as easy as some make it out to be.

Was it clear and obvious? They may have asked Kavanagh if he saw it and if he decided that it wasn't a pen then that's that. VAR can't just say "I would have given it a pen"
It's the easy get out to make any decision you want. Refs are bottling decisions because they have VAR as a backup, and VAR are bottling overturning decisions because they playing the clear and obvious card. In the end, the attacking team loses out (for most sides).

FWIW it was so obvious that both the ref and VAR must have been blind to miss it in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back