Premier Lg EPL Matchday 37 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

This is why football is the best sport in the world. What other sport would you see passion and deep seated hatred of another team gain priority over winning a game?
No other sport in the world does not have finals and relies on ultimate glory being reliant on games your not involved in during the final stretch.

Imagine a situation where Carlton playing Adelaide in a virtual dead rubber, but a win for the blues would hand the premiership to Essendon. I know who id be supporting

No other sport in the world does not have finals and relies on ultimate glory being reliant on games your not involved in during the final stretch.

Imagine a situation where Carlton playing Adelaide in a virtual dead rubber, but a win for the blues would hand the premiership to Essendon. I know who id be supporting

Also a bit weird in AFL because losing the dead rubber could give you a better draft pick. So still some benefits to your team.

Also pretty delusional from him having a crack at the fans. They’ve grown up and been conditioned to hate Arsenal, would know lots of Arsenal fans and cop lots of s**t from them at the best of times.
Nah yelling at your coach to lose the game all day just makes you a ****ing w***er and rightfully called out. Sit at home in your arsenal shirt if you're gonna be a flog.

Exactly. It's not the Villa of recent seasons. They're back to being one of the premier clubs in the UK, who seem to have worked out the gunners better than any other team this season.

Spurs on the other hand ... i wish my club Palace had their resources. I'll be belly up laughing on Monday if Palace knock off Villa, Tottenham win their final match, and the Arsenal still somehow win the League. To think as supporters that you would rather lose a match instead of fight for the riches of CL qualification, all because of some songs the opposition might sing.

Become a winning club, and they may not need to worry so much about 'Woolwich' as they like to call them.

Glasner has had a big impact since he took over. 6 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses. It also helps when Olise and Eze can get on the park.

What are your expectations for next season? Will you be able to hang on to your better players?

Nah yelling at your coach to lose the game all day just makes you a ******* w***er and rightfully called out. Sit at home in your arsenal shirt if you're gonna be a flog.
I’m not talking about that incident. I’m referring to his post match conference where he was just being a grumpy knob.

I’m not talking about that incident. I’m referring to his post match conference where he was just being a grumpy knob.
He didn't have a crack at the fans in his press conference he had a crack at the mentality of losers and good anyone who thought that deserves it.

Imagine you come to manage a club that hasn't won a trophy for almost two decades

You do your best to bring in a winning culture to the club, you know it is going to take years to cultivate but you try your best

You come up against the best side in the competition at home, a perfect opportunity to really test your side against the greatest in the competition

Then, for the whole game, you have blokes over your shoulder screaming at you to tank the game, and people in the crowd celebrating away team goals, all because of "the rivalry"

You go on to lose the game 0-2 and your fans are pleased with the result

How would you feel 30 minutes after that?

Imagine you come to manage a club that hasn't won a trophy for almost two decades

You do your best to bring in a winning culture to the club, you know it is going to take years to cultivate but you try your best

You come up against the best side in the competition at home, a perfect opportunity to really test your side against the greatest in the competition

Then, for the whole game, you have blokes over your shoulder screaming at you to tank the game, and people in the crowd celebrating away team goals, all because of "the rivalry"

You go on to lose the game 0-2 and your fans are pleased with the result

How would you feel 30 minutes after that?
Has he done everything to change that?

He named this lineup in our most realistic chance to break that drought.
Screenshot_20240515_160034_Google.jpg

He has stubbornly not done anything to change our poor slump for 5 months, rolling out the same tactics loss after loss, tamely losing to our main 2 rivals in the last month

View attachment 1989571

He has stubbornly not done anything to change our poor slump for 5 months, rolling out the same tactics loss after loss, tamely losing to our main 2 rivals in the last month

Tamely? Didn't you pull back two goals against Arsenal from 3-0 down at HT?

View attachment 1989571

Chopping and changing his aggressive pressing tactics whenever the team faces a run of losses would just undermine his objectives in the long term. That's obvious to anyone who's following what he's doing. He needs buy in from the players and you don't get that when the manager panics and goes ultra-defensive anytime the scoreboard looks a tad scary.

He came in and immediately lost one of the best striker's in EPL history. He hasn't had the time to properly recruit the players he needs.

As an Arsenal supporter I can assure you that win against you did not feel 'tame'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it took Arteta and Edu years to get Arsenal to where they are now and Spurs want to complain about a 5th finish and 63 points

go get Pochettino or Jose back if you want to keep chopping and changing managers every season

Chopping and changing his aggressive pressing tactics whenever the team faces a run of losses would just undermine his objectives in the long term. That's obvious to anyone who's following what he's doing. He needs buy in from the players and you don't get that when the manager panics and goes ultra-defensive anytime the scoreboard looks a tad scary.

He came in and immediately lost one of the best striker's in EPL history. He hasn't had the time to properly recruit the players he needs.

As an Arsenal supporter I can assure you that win against you did not feel 'tame'.
I never said throw the process out the window

Today wasn't a completely new way of football that was anti angeball. It was a smart subtle tweak with a CB at LB which made us look very strong at set piece defending and playing Maddison in a midfield 4 / false 9 role and not making Son play as a lone hold up style ST. Result didn't go our way today. But that subtle change is what we've been crying out for. Get the best out of the squad still playing the front footed football he preaches.

I never said throw the process out the window

Today wasn't a completely new way of football that was anti angeball. It was a smart subtle tweak with a CB at LB which made us look very strong at set piece defending and playing Maddison in a midfield 4 / false 9 role and not making Son play as a lone hold up style ST. Result didn't go our way today. But that subtle change is what we've been crying out for. Get the best out of the squad still playing the front footed football he preaches.

fair

Glasner has had a big impact since he took over. 6 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses. It also helps when Olise and Eze can get on the park.

What are your expectations for next season? Will you be able to hang on to your better players?

Fortunes definitely tied to Olise and Eze. High-calibre players, hope they and the club rebuff the likes of Newcastle who are sniffing around. Guehi too. **** off! Mateta starting up front has been much better. I've been calling for that for a long time, but Roy seemed to prefer Edouard. Doucoure back next season will anchor the midfield. Jury still out on Henderson. Has some brain farts in him. Need to hold onto Olise and Eze, in the market for a keeper, and bolster some depth generally, especially up front and on the wings.

Fortunes definitely tied to Olise and Eze. High-calibre players, hope they and the club rebuff the likes of Newcastle who are sniffing around. Guehi too. heck off! Mateta starting up front has been much better. I've been calling for that for a long time, but Roy seemed to prefer Edouard. Doucoure back next season will anchor the midfield. Jury still out on Henderson. Has some brain farts in him. Need to hold onto Olise and Eze, in the market for a keeper, and bolster some depth generally, especially up front and on the wings.

If you sell one of them I could see you going for Philogene from us. Fits your mold of flashy winger with consistent end product.

We literally scored the first goal of the NLD in our own net with a midget weak attempt at the near post. Today with the extra height in the side, who was marking that area? Romero. And he cleared a few away that we've panicked with in the past. It's the little things like that which Ange seems to think he is immune to criticism on.

Sure don't train set pieces. But when you concede 14 goals from them in 20 games, maybe adjust the lineup to make it less of an issue?

They toyed with us and gifted us a way back at 3 nil
Spurs hit the post, had a tight goal ruled out by VAR, Son missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper and didn’t have a 50-50 penalty call go their way all inside the first half. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend it was a bloodbath.

I completely understood Spurs fans being conflicted and even being ok with losing this morning given what it meant. But to celebrate the other team scoring and have fans inside the stadium yelling at the manager to throw the game is pathetic. And if as Ange hinted there are people inside the club talking the same way no wonder he is furious.

It probably only ends one way from here now anyway. The fans want him out and the narrative has already turned in to how bad this season actually was.

Fortunes definitely tied to Olise and Eze. High-calibre players, hope they and the club rebuff the likes of Newcastle who are sniffing around. Guehi too. heck off! Mateta starting up front has been much better. I've been calling for that for a long time, but Roy seemed to prefer Edouard. Doucoure back next season will anchor the midfield. Jury still out on Henderson. Has some brain farts in him. Need to hold onto Olise and Eze, in the market for a keeper, and bolster some depth generally, especially up front and on the wings.

There's Wharton too.

Spurs hit the post, had a tight goal ruled out by VAR, Son missed a 1 on 1 with the keeper and didn’t have a 50-50 penalty call go their way all inside the first half. Let’s not rewrite history and pretend it was a bloodbath.

I completely understood Spurs fans being conflicted and even being ok with losing this morning given what it meant. But to celebrate the other team scoring and have fans inside the stadium yelling at the manager to throw the game is pathetic. And if as Ange hinted there are people inside the club talking the same way no wonder he is furious.

It probably only ends one way from here now anyway. The fans want him out and the narrative has already turned in to how bad this season actually was.
Toyed might have been a harsh way of putting it. But arsenal didn't have to play that well to be 3 ahead at HT of the side Ange put out.

The only reason those chants happen today is because he and the side have failed to have us playing for anything meaningful at this time of season. His words, not mine. 4th is a celebration or an aim that Ange pats himself on the back for. So on one hand he says that, and is right. But then he wants fans to be as amped as they are when the sides playing well today? It had the feeling of a pre season friendly because the side has been failing for 3 months.

Would we have preferred this outcome and situation today 3 months ago? Hell no. We should and could have been 8-10 points ahead of where we are now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back