Essendon Offseason 2013 - Annual Gumbleton Trade Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt this proposed rule by the AFLPA will be approved by the AFL - Doubt that in a worse case scenario that the AFL wants to see a club decimated - It may also open up a can of worms - Players could try to use all sorts of reasons to break contracts - And finally it's not just a matter of 10 or 15 players leaving a club - Clubs have TPP/Cap issues,especially seeing that clubs must pay a minimum of 97.5 of the cap - Clubs won't necessarily have the cap space.
I am sure most teams would be able to accommodate a good player if need be. Like Essendon with Goddard last year - I would doubt any club would turn away any of your better players. Going to get interesting. Carlisle would look great in royal blue and white!!

This is a non-issue greatly exagerated by the media as per usual, FFS they had Goddard as the headline image. Goddard would not even be able to leave even if this dumbarse rule was approved, not being at the club in 2012 and all.

The playing group love the club and the coach, this has been displayed on many occasions. Every key player (bar Bellcahmbers and Crameri who both want to stay) that has come out of contract, has re-signed, despite this situation hanging over them.

At the most there will be 1-2 players who, wanting better opportunities, will try and use this as leverage to try and get them to another club, knowing their currency alone may not entice Essendon to trade them. This is a similar situation to Houli and Richmond, but here they are contracted and can not just walk into the PSD. I can't imagine Essendon preventing these types getting to a new club. As most clubs would anyway.

If you are dead keen on getting a Leroy Jetta or a Hardingham type to your club, then by all means celebrate this situation, because that is about the sum total of it all.

This is a non-issue greatly exagerated by the media as per usual, FFS they had Goddard as the headline image. Goddard would not even be able to leave even if this dumbarse rule was approved, not being at the club in 2012 and all.

The playing group love the club and the coach, this has been displayed on many occasions. Every key player (bar Bellcahmbers and Crameri who both want to stay) that has come out of contract, has re-signed, despite this situation hanging over them.

At the most there will be 1-2 players who, wanting better opportunities, will try and use this as leverage to try and get them to another club, knowing their currency alone may not entice Essendon to trade them. This is a similar situation to Houli and Richmond, but here they are contracted and can not just walk into the PSD. I can't imagine Essendon preventing these types getting to a new club. As most clubs would anyway.

If you are dead keen on getting a Leroy Jetta or a Hardingham type to your club, then by all means celebrate this situation, because that is about the sum total of it all.

Is it like the non-issue that broke on Feb 5? The one that was just a storm in a tea cup?

Time will tell if the playing group love the club and coach. You like myself have no idea how the players feel about the club and what was done to them last year. Making a definitive comment that only spuds will leave is a guess.

Is it like the non-issue that broke on Feb 5? The one that was just a storm in a tea cup?

Time will tell if the playing group love the club and coach. You like myself have no idea how the players feel about the club and what was done to them last year. Making a definitive comment that only spuds will leave is a guess.

So can you tell me why all required players have re-signed this year if they are not content at the club, if they were going to walk out, why would they re-sign long term contracts?

Show me one single comment that would even suggest that a required player is not content at the club. Why would the board take the unprecendented step of extending the coaches contract, if players were set to walk out.

The players, almost to a man, have expressed their support for Hird and the club. You may have no idea how the players feel about the club, but you don't have to look very hard to see that the players are a tight group and there is no mass walkout planned as some may hope. I understand that if the players did want to leave they wouldn't broadcast it, but adversely, they would not broadcast their support, they would be silent. So why all the support?

If you want to carry on with this head-in-the-sand exodus rubbish, take it to the hot topic board. This board is for legitimate discussion on trades, not trollish rubbish.

The AFL Comission has to make a decision either way. We will know what their decision is before the trade period starts. Until then those two possibilities remain, and it's perfectly reasonable to frame discussions of trading with Essendon in either.

If you want to discuss trading under either of the scenarios this is the thread. If you want to talk about the decision the AFL Comission has to make take it to the HTB.

So can you tell me why all required players have re-signed this year if they are not content at the club, if they were going to walk out, why would they re-sign long term contracts?

Show me one single comment that would even suggest that a required player is not content at the club. Why would the board take the unprecendented step of extending the coaches contract, if players were set to walk out.

The players, almost to a man, have expressed their support for Hird and the club. You may have no idea how the players feel about the club, but you don't have to look very hard to see that the players are a tight group and there is no mass walkout planned as some may hope. I understand that if the players did want to leave they wouldn't broadcast it, but adversely, they would not broadcast their support, they would be silent. So why all the support?

If you want to carry on with this head-in-the-sand exodus rubbish, take it to the hot topic board. This board is for legitimate discussion on trades, not trollish rubbish.
They could only behave in one way while playing for a club paying their weekly wage. How could any player speak out and then get a game? Of course they are going to toe the party line. Lets see what happens. I will not be surprised either way.

I am sure most teams would be able to accommodate a good player if need be. Like Essendon with Goddard last year - I would doubt any club would turn away any of your better players. Going to get interesting. Carlisle would look great in royal blue and white!!

Carlisle doesn't fit into the target group - He resigned a new contract earlier in 2013.

Carlisle doesn't fit into the target group - He resigned a new contract earlier in 2013.
Which won't be worth the paper it's printed on if the AFL let the players tear them up. A club double's his current offer he would have a serious look at it. The stuff about certain players wont leave a club because they love it is just supporters wishful thinking. GAJ loved the Cats, Goddard loved the Saints. Loving a club is not always enough. Big few months coming up.

Which won't be worth the paper it's printed on if the AFL let the players tear them up. A club double's his current offer he would have a serious look at it. The stuff about certain players wont leave a club because they love it is just supporters wishful thinking. GAJ loved the Cats, Goddard loved the Saints. Loving a club is not always enough. Big few months coming up.

The AFL won't let that happen. They've already given Essendon the harshest penalty in the game (rightly so IMO), but to allow players to walk out on contracts? It would cripple the bombers which is what you want, but the AFL doesn't

Carlisle wont leave, and there is only 1 club he would even consider it for, and it isn't Nth Melb.

Carlisle wont leave, and there is only 1 club he would even consider it for, and it isn't Nth Melb.

Yes, and (no offence to the dogs) he won't leave this squad for that one due to this one being closer to a premiership

Yes, and (no offence to the dogs) he won't leave this squad for that one due to this one being closer to a premiership
No offense taken, it is true, however much can change in a year or 2, and things may be somewhat different by the end of 2015 when he is out of contract again. On the other hand, by then he may be firmly entrenched in the bombers world and forget his and his families dream of playing for the doggies. Time shall answer these questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offense taken, it is true, however much can change in a year or 2, and things may be somewhat different by the end of 2015 when he is out of contract again. On the other hand, by then he may be firmly entrenched in the bombers world and forget his and his families dream of playing for the doggies. Time shall answer these questions.

Are you for real? Supported the Doggies so they are the only team he would leave to play for? Caddy supported the Roos as a kid, GAJ supported the Cats, Goddard the Blues, Judd the Demons.

They all had a chance to play for the club they supported. Seeing as they are no longer 5 decided to play for a club that was best for them.

Are you for real? Supported the Doggies so they are the only team he would leave to play for? Caddy supported the Roos as a kid, GAJ supported the Cats, Goddard the Blues, Judd the Demons.

They all had a chance to play for the club they supported. Seeing as they are no longer 5 decided to play for a club that was best for them.
I don't think you understand. He and his family are RABID bulldog supporters. The kid was so pumped at the draft he actually said he couldn't wait to play for the dogs during an interview lol. Naive thing for him to say and do, it is the draft, you don't know who will pick you. Thus it won't be just Carlisle who would love to play for the dogs, his entire family would be on his ass over it. It is not just a case of the 90% "oh i supported this and that before i played for north, or geelong whatever."
There are supporters and then there are Supporters. You are clearly the type without italics if you don't understand that :p

However due to another episode of drafting *ation on the dogs behalf rather then pick Carlisle like everyone thought they would, we picked Howard in a brain fart moment. This may have hurt Carlisle and his family. I think the dogs were going to take him pick 30 or something. But the bombers jumped in with their chance.

Regardless he is not going anywhere soon.

I don't think you understand. He and his family are RABID bulldog supporters. The kid was so pumped at the draft he actually said he couldn't wait to play for the dogs during an interview lol. Naive thing for him to say and do, it is the draft, you don't know who will pick you. Thus it won't be just Carlisle who would love to play for the dogs, his entire family would be on his ass over it. It is not just a case of the 90% "oh i supported this and that before i played for north, or geelong whatever."
There are supporters and then there are Supporters. You are clearly the type without italics if you don't understand that :p

However due to another episode of drafting ******ation on the dogs behalf rather then pick Carlisle like everyone thought they would, we picked Howard in a brain fart moment. This may have hurt Carlisle and his family. I think the dogs were going to take him pick 30 or something. But the bombers jumped in with their chance.

Regardless he is not going anywhere soon.

Now I get it - Judd love's the Demons but Carlisle really truly honestly with all his heart love's the Dogs and could only ever play for one club. Yet he is not going anywhere - that must make him a full blown italic supporter.

Have you got the interview or quote before the draft? I am tipping you made that up.

Now I get it - Judd love's the Demons but Carlisle really truly honestly with all his heart love's the Dogs and could only ever play for one club. Yet he is not going anywhere - that must make him a full blown italic supporter.

Have you got the interview or quote before the draft? I am tipping you made that up.
The Itelics was a joke, lighten up wild bill, holster the guns.
And i am not making anything up. It was talked about on just about every afl program you can name at the time, they laughed that a draftee would actually say something like that. Not the party line "i'll be happy where ever i go" stuff. In Jakes defense he did have every reason to believe he would be at WO, and found it too hard to contain himself. But the script was changed last minute.

No, i don't have a quote, didn't occur to me to archive the moment. Look up some historical posts in the bulldogs section. i'm sure he was talked about quite a bit on there at the time.

Lions need a tall forward, Crameri's value? Gumby's value?

Crameri - 15 -19
Gumby - 30-34.

Having having pick 7 and 24ish is not great for Brisbane if they want Crameri - he is not worth 7 and worth more than 24. You may need to broker a deal to get the pick that may secure him or a player swap. By the sound of it you have some player looking to move.

Lions need a tall forward, Crameri's value? Gumby's value?

Crameri - 15 -19
Gumby - 30-34.

Having having pick 7 and 24ish is not great for Brisbane if they want Crameri - he is not worth 7 and worth more than 24. You may need to broker a deal to get the pick that may secure him or a player swap. By the sound of it you have some player looking to move.

I'd take pick 24 for Crameri and pick 40 for Gumby tbh

In your eyes what's Karnezis worth? Straight swap for Crameri or would we need a pick added?

Karnezis + 42 would get Crameri IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back