VFL Game Day Essendon vs Preston (73 point win; 131-58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wondered how it worked for the top ups, guys we've taken from other VFL clubs even, that were to replace suspended senior listed players. With the seniors out wasn't certain that the rules allowed them to continue in the VFL.

Ahh, ok. As far as I know, they're all still allowed to play in the VFL finals as long as they've met the same eligibility criteria (ie played enough VFL roster games) as everyone else on our list. So Dea and Kelly wouldn't have played enough. I assume Stokes also wouldn't play. Not sure about Grima but, off the top of my head, I think the remainder would be available.

Does the VFL have a bye next week as well?

Nope.

Our opponent will be Geelong btw - and Chris Scott is already making noises about how important the game might potentially be for the Cats' AFL finals preparation. So, in other words, he is thinking about using the rule mentioned on the previous page in order to select some senior (or very close to senior) players in the VFL side. They also want it played as early as possible.

Can we change the title to Essendon vs Blues? Preston seems to take some responsibility away from Carlton
No. I refuse to call a proud VFA/L club like Preston by that name.

They've worn and represented that jumper. Once you wear that jumper, that's it.

Now, they are nothing but the blues in my eyes. So the Blues were smashed by Essendon and gave us a finals spot
That's what you can say. I can say Preston because that's who they are, and will be once the AFL finally decides to bring back the reserves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just settle it at LOL Carlton
Absolutely. I despise both clubs but I refuse to call them anything but Preston, just like I will always call Sandringham the Zebras (not that ridiculous "saints" they're being rebranded as), Box Hill are the Mustangs, etc.

Sorry I couldn't find the Essendon v Northern Blues thread. Mods please move it there, thanks.

of0T6Ai.png

iEz1jGh.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back