FA Cup 2018/19 (4th Round) (Currently no TV rights in Australia)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
The FA Cup needs sprucing up with the competition surrounded by a malaise these days.

Difficult to implement but I believe the winner should playoff with 4th place in the league for a CL spot. That would get clubs interested in it quick smart.

moomba

TheBrownDog
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Man City
I think a few on here would have exploded if you drew Brentford.
TBH we're due a bit of luck with cup fixtures. Was only a year or so that we ended a stretch of something like a dozen consecutive away draws against premier League or upper championship teams.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, GW
The FA Cup needs sprucing up with the competition surrounded by a malaise these days.

Difficult to implement but I believe the winner should playoff with 4th place in the league for a CL spot. That would get clubs interested in it quick smart.
I thought that sort of thing was down to UEFA not the local league?

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
So Arsenal vs Manchester United in the 4th Round and no channel in Australia will have coverage of it ?

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
Moreno answering his own question from earlier in the week regarding why he has been nowhere near the Liverpool first team lately.

Typically brainless display capped off by a sloppy pass to Milner that was never on, leading to the goal. I’m not sure how but I think he’s actually worse at reading the game now than he was when he was 20.
Close to the worst defender in the premier league and has been for some time.

Why he wasn’t sold at the start of the previous season when they could have got some decent coin for him I don’t know. As he is worth jack shit now.

January hasn’t been kind to Liverpool in many previous years. Hasn’t started great again this time around and now we are left with one centre back. Brilliant.....

Last edited:

HODGEYROAD

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Close to the worst defender in the premier league and has been for some time.

Why he wasn’t sold at the start of the previous season when they could have got some decent coin for him I don’t know. As he is worth jack shit now.

January hasn’t been kind to Liverpool in many previous years. Hasn’t started great again this time around and now we are left with one centre back. Brilliant.....
19 mill for a striker who's scored 1 in 27 isn't bad business.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Visions

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, HNS Vatreni
19 mill for a striker who's scored 1 in 27 isn't bad business.
Yep, that was a great sale for Solanke.

But they rejected 11 million pounds for Moreno in the summer window of 2017 when he wasn’t going to really be part of any future plans. Now they will lose him for a free transfer which is all he is worth.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
Yep, that was a great sale for Solanke.

But they rejected 11 million pounds for Moreno in the summer window of 2017 when he wasn’t going to really be part of any future plans. Now they will lose him for a free transfer which is all he is worth.
Ings is sold to Soton for 20m and Origi is looking like heading to Fulham for 20m which helps to offset it.

Top Bottom