Fan threatened with eviction from MCG for barracking too loud

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol opening segment on seven news tonight. Slow news day much.
People apparently getting assaulted every week early in the season. Security and stadiums not doing anything narrative.
Now security going way over the top not letting people barrack narrative.
Sounds like the media is out of control to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure what's acceptable behaviour at the footy? Here's some guidelines:

If you're sitting next to me, tuck your elbows and knees in and lean away from me.
If you're sitting next to me, no cheering, no jeering, no singing the club song, no profanity, in fact no talking at all. Shut the * up.
If you're sitting next to me, don't be drinking or eating.
If you're sitting next to me, shower immediately before attending the game.
If you're sitting next to me, stay in your seat from the time you arrive until the time you leave.
If you're sitting next to me, be in your seat 20 minutes prior to the game.
If you're sitting next to me, keep perfectly still. Don't look at me or talk to me.
If you're sitting next to me, leave early. Half time would be good. In fact stay home and watch it on tv. That way I can spread out.

Phone rules:
Don't be on your phone waving to somebody on the other side of the stadium. You look like a dick.
Don't be looking at your phone during play. If you're not interested in the game, ******* go home.
Don't be checking the odds. If you have a gambling problem, seek help.
Don't be looking at your phone during the stairwell crush after the game. If you can't wait til you're out of the stadium it means you're addicted. Seek help.
Don't be on your phone, walking around with your elbow up.
Don't be on your phone, walking around looking down, making other people avoid you. That makes you a selfish prick.
In fact, leave the phone at home. If you forget, give it to me prior to the game and I'll return it if we cross paths at a later date.

Apart from all that, feel free to have a good time.

If you're not sitting next to me, go hog wild. Take your clothes off and shoot a rocket at the umpire for all I care.

If you would like to apply for a position as 'behavioural awareness officer', these are the necessary personality traits as advertised by the AFL:
Patience.
Understanding.
Compassion.
Communicative skill.
A thirst for blood.

On a serious note, I'm tired of footy games turning into a booze up. It leads to umpire abuse and it leads to violence. There's better drugs than alcohol. Have some dignity, and show some imagination. For those who don't know, the safe injection rooms are walking distance from the G. Gil uses it whenever he needs a convoluted solution to a simple problem. Remember when he painted interchange gates on every stadium in the country, instead of simply stripping the Swans of 4 points when they had 19 on the field? That's right. He dreamed that up with a needle in his arm. I figure if it works for Gil it'll work for me, so I headed down to those rooms, and god damned if I didn't find a convoluted solution to the umpire abuse issue, and it goes like this:

Quitting cold turkey on umpire abuse is simply too much to ask for the average footy fan, so here's a compromise. At the stadium ticket booths, choose from a menu 1 field umpire that you would like to abuse, and a maximum of 3 adjectives. This being the AFL, naturally there's a fee. Some umpires are more expensive than others. If you want to abuse a nobody such as Chris Donlon, it's $5.00. More popular umps such as Ray Chamberlain will put you back $50.00. A mild description, such as 'white maggot' will set you back 50 cents per use, while 'utensil ******* ****** ******' will be more expensive.

Another fan kicked out and now special officers walking around in fluro vests ******* joke this sport piss off gil and co ruining this once great game hopefully fans boycott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back