Player Watch Father-Son Pick #60 (2021) - Jase Burgoyne

Remove this Banner Ad

Beautiful.

This isn't just for Jase, its also a chance to win over Shaun's boys and girls if they are good enough to play AFL and AFLW, given they grew up with dad being a hawks champ and they become hawks supporters.

The kids will be able to choose between both Port and Hawthorn and Jase playing and becoming a regular player and they get to see him play up close and be close to him outside footy, helps with the indoctrination process to pick Port if they are up to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jase wears #36 which shares a history with Boyd Woodcock, Jack Hombsch, Michael Pettigrew, Nick Stevens, Stephen Carter, Shane Grimm and Shane Lawson.

I gather from this that the Burgoynes don't really do excitement :p

I remember seeing an interview with Peter after getting the news that Jase had joined Port. He was very no-nonsense, said that Jase absolutely should not take it for granted that it would all just happen for him. That regardless of talent he had to work super hard or it would be a wasted opportunity. No chance this kid is going to get an inflated ego from his dad.

Jase Burgoyne's Father and Grandfather played for Port Adelaide, is this the first time this has happened?
The Obsts, grandfather Ken, father Peter ( and uncle Trevor), and son Andrew

That's 3 + 6 + (4) + 4 premierships.

Then there is great grandfather Ken, grand father Trevor, mum Christine, son Brad Ebert 3 out 4 ain't bad

Don't think Peter Snr actually played a league game for Ports, he doesn't make this list.

Last edited:
I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that Peter snr played 1 League game for Port.
SgtSchulz who started that thread re our indigenous first team players, ended up on Port's history committee for the 150th so its pretty accurate, although he started it in 2017 and stopped posting in 2019 as he was worried about conflict of interest what he wrote on here.

I know he audits/edits the Port Adelaide FC wiki page. I dont know if he edits the two Port Adelaide players wiki page ie Pre 1997 players and AFL players. The first one says Peter Sr played 2 games and kicked 3 goals.

If anyone has the 2020 indigenous guernsey, designed by a Kaurna custodian, maybe they can check to see if Peter Sr name is one of the 62 names on it. Chokito I know you have the guernsey, any chance you can have a look to see if Peter Burgoyne Sr's name is on it ????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back