Racing February Daily Punt - Still A 100% Danny Nikolic Free Zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t a bad run for a 3yo with his eye on longer races in his own age group. But ASM talk ridiculous, of course. But that’s where our industries at, I’m afraid.

FFS backed home by midnight and dogmatic in the hobart cup. Both were given none. Jumped off today expecting they would both settle back again and then the two I backed this time got the hopeless rides instead.

Dogmatic is just about due to win, has put in some decent runs this prep.
I'll be on next start.

Wasn’t a bad run for a 3yo with his eye on longer races in his own age group. But ASM talk ridiculous, of course. But that’s where our industries at, I’m afraid.
In slight fairness to HOP it was one of the only runners to make any sort of ground from the rear all day today. Hit the line hard but certainly connections would have wanted to see a bit more. Have a feeling the horse simply doesn't like Sandown. Both defeats have been there but both runs equally with merit.

There was nothing wrong with HOP run given the way the track was racing. Hes not going to win any All Star Mile and never was but he is promising and i wouldnt be surprised if he won group races in his career. I can see him ending up in QLD winning races like the Qld Guineas or something similar. Stable is good at winning those types of races

In slight fairness to HOP it was one of the only runners to make any sort of ground from the rear all day today. Hit the line hard but certainly connections would have wanted to see a bit more. Have a feeling the horse simply doesn't like Sandown. Both defeats have been there but both runs equally with merit.

sandown is arguably the fairest track In the country. It’s probably more the fact they are the two hardest races he has contested.
#noexcuses

Dalasan going to actually turn up? Getting out to odds that are tempting for at least a place/ top 5 sort of deal.

he’ll turn up as he has all Autumn and won’t be good enough again. Concede he can run top 5 given there are only 8 horses and one of those is 1000/1!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alligator Blood and Catalyst both busted each other last start. Alabama Express is coming off a G1 against older horses and not being spoken about. He's the one I'm going with.

Alligator Blood and Catalyst both busted each other last start. Alabama Express is coming off a G1 against older horses and not being spoken about. He's the one I'm going with.

Yeah nah - they went pretty slow and then dashed home - you wouldn't see a more perfect lead up to a major race for a horse.

Fabergino is a good horse. 3.40 way too high. You probably couldn't take it too short first time straight/victoria but if she gets there in one piece she wins.

Excuses coming out already I see

Certainly makes a good price for Soothing :thumbsu:

If theres one thing certain Leifs will go the WA horse, Paris will bag it and tip a Godolphin horse!

It is a race made in heaven :hearts:

It was a semi-troll tbh - I'd have it on top if Soothing wasn't there - but I think if she repeats her cup week run (obviously big ?) she should win handily. I'll be saving on the quin with the Perth galloper.

I just find it funny that running in a straight line can be seen as a challenge/excuse for a horse.

It is a race made in heaven :hearts:

It was a semi-troll tbh - I'd have it on top if Soothing wasn't there - but I think if she repeats her cup week run (obviously big ?) she should win handily. I'll be saving on the quin with the Perth galloper.

I just find it funny that running in a straight line can be seen as a challenge/excuse for a horse.

She's a bit of a greyhound, gets a boost running around bends not a negative going down straight. It's a huge advantage for ldr/rail horses, so when working in reverse off circle form the straight is a neg.

Van Dyke not exactly bullish in his interviews- talk of AB having been “up a while”, his work being “tradesman like”, how he’s unders for the ASM.

Eased slightly early. Is it a punting stable? Probably crunched on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back