Game Day final 3 Cats V Dockers

Remove this Banner Ad

It's nice to have a positive attitude and post with positive re-enforcing messages but we also have to have some level of reality to it as well.

If the rumors are correct and Sam Shaw has a hamstring injury, we will be missing 2 of our 3 tall defenders and their likely replacements will have collectively played 1 AFL games in the last 2 months. Add Matthew Pavlich and his good form doesn't hold well for us winning.

I hope we do as it will give us a good opportunity to judge us against a modern day power club and we can see where we need to get to for the future but next week will not be a walk in the park.

Ohhh and a side note.....to any radio station that decides to send a f*cken choir to the airport to sing the Crows song for Freo this week......please DON'T. Boy did we look stupid.

freo are much improved.
but reality is we have had their number this year, and should of really pumped them in the 2nd game but once again our goal kicking was poor that day.
we beat freo by moving the ball very quick, we didnt do that today.
if we cough up the crap we served today they will knock us off, surely we cant be that poor 2 weeks in a row.

Rutten, maybe Henderson if he is included into the side.
rutten was good today. he needs to be GREAT vs pavlich.

taliaaaaa!
tumblr_m9z4u3BDYe1r8zvof.gif

It's nice to have a positive attitude and post with positive re-enforcing messages but we also have to have some level of reality to it as well.

If the rumors are correct and Sam Shaw has a hamstring injury, we will be missing 2 of our 3 tall defenders and their likely replacements will have collectively played 1 AFL games in the last 2 months. Add Matthew Pavlich and his good form doesn't hold well for us winning.

I hope we do as it will give us a good opportunity to judge us against a modern day power club and we can see where we need to get to for the future but next week will not be a walk in the park.
I know that Alex, but it just irks me when posters go all apeshit and make outlandish claims about the team without sound analysis of the situation. I don't care if people are positive or not, but back it up with a solid basis instead of just having nothing statements like I've seen tonight.

Yeah you're right....We choked in yet another final - woohooo it's party time..

FFS - do you even know the difference between a choke and a simple loss?

FFS, we did not choke today as we were never a certainly to win. A choke is when a team is certain to win but find a way to lose.

Ohhh and a side note.....to any radio station that decides to send a f*cken choir to the airport to sing the Crows song for Freo this week......please DON'T. Boy did we look stupid.

Stupid yes, but relevant no.

Sydney would have had a laugh but would have not needed any intrinsic motivation to win.

No one is saying it'll be a walk in the park, but considering we have beaten Freo twice this season, why can't supporters be confident? A loss today doesn't erase what we have done in the past. No Talia on Pav will be a concern, but we didn't lose today because our defense struggled, and Talia wasn't playing well anyway. Rutten will rightfully go to Pav and hopefully we learn from letting so many marks I50 today.

Shaw played out the game, he will be fine. Sando also said Danger is fine. Hendo will come in for Talia and Riley will be sub again. Nothing drastic. Put Shaw on Mayne, Smith on the pest and Dogga on Walters. Freo don't exactly have a tall forwardline, and Hendo and Reilly going in 3rd man against Pav has to be the way to go.

I know that Alex, but it just irks me when posters go all apeshit and make outlandish claims about the team without sound analysis of the situation. I don't care if people are positive or not, but back it up with a solid basis instead of just having nothing statements like I've seen tonight.

Welcome to big Footy. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stupid yes, but relevant no.

Sydney would have had a laugh but would have not needed any intrinsic motivation to win.

Well aware it had no effect on Sydney. Except making us look like a bunch of d*cks. Embarrassing beyond words. A crap, pointless radio stunt. I just don't want them to do it again.

No one is saying it'll be a walk in the park, but considering we have beaten Freo twice this season, why can't supporters be confident? A loss today doesn't erase what we have done in the past. No Talia on Pav will be a concern, but we didn't lose today because our defense struggled, and Talia wasn't playing well anyway. Rutten will rightfully go to Pav and hopefully we learn from letting so many marks I50 today.

I think we will be right and find a way to win but with Talia out and Freo form tonight, the 2 victories in the season don't really mean much.

The landscape had changes with injuries, form, pressure and expectations. I think Freo will come to Adelaide with nothing to lose and just play and all the pressure will be on us. Hopefully they can over come this and play a good game and come up with a win.

No reason not to be confident this week

Talia is a huge loss and exposes our lack of KP defenders however I would seriously look at Smack for CHB and bring in Otto for Shaw if injured

Up forward having Pets, Nutter, Stiffy & Porps all smalls up forward doesn't do it for me, we need to change the mix and bring in Hendo who is a difficult match up at the expense of one of the mention quartet

We have not lost 2 in a row all year, we have played well against Freo this year and our young guys wil learn from this week lost

Be confident folks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back