First Test - Australia Vs South Africa at The Wanderers, Johannesburg (Thu-Mon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With due respect to Clarke - what a complete and utter idiot to get out to a shot like that within minutes of a break.

He hung his head on the way off the ground and so he should have. As v-c he needs to deliver better than that.

What a waste of all the hard work he did.

**** pup. Every time i think he's past this s**t he comes out and does it again. maybe he's destined to be Mark Waugh rather than Steve - classy and confident but never to be relied upon and only a rash shot from looking like a ****ing idiot...

It all depends on how much time has been taken up by batsmen , interuptions etc. The Match referre takes this into account and then says your either 5 overs down or whatever. Just because 60 overs were ment to be bowled doesnt mean they are 9 overs down.

Disappointing from Clarke, you don't mind if the batsmen gets a genuinely good ball, like the ball that got Ponting or even the ball that he was dropped on. Both were great balls. You can except that. You can also except guys on debut being nervous but geez it's frustating to see your premier batsmen holing out to slip.

Would have gone into the tea break with some steam in our engines if it wasn't for Pup's brainfart.. :thumbsdown:

Momentum sapping stuff.

Despite the runs we got in that session, South Africa got the prize wickets of Ponting and Clarke. Their session.

Good innings to get us back off the floor, but I just don't understand that shot from Clarke so close to tea.

Was thinking he has been out caught alot lately. Then I looked at his list of recent dismissals:

caught
caught
caught
caught
bowled
run out
caught
caught
caught
caught
caught
caught