Ford Ranger One Day Cup Game 21: Victoria v Western Australia @ Melbourne (Sat D/N)

Tipping Comp

• Victoria

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Western Australia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked pretty bad early in our innings (Hodge is really struggling atm), but again Ronny came through when we needed him.
He should be MOTM given he took 3 wickets and made a vital 70 odd under great pressure.

A horrible shame he got injured again. :(
He had really found some excellent form with both bat and ball lately, so it's a huge blow for a guy who has suffered more injuries than most.

The win takes us two points clear on the table, with a game in hand, so we're in a brilliant position in both forms of the game.

I bet the Warriors will be glad to see the back of the Vics for a while.
That's four losses to the Vics in a matter of months, whilst they've also unfortunately had two players cop head injuries in that time (Davis' concussion and now Bandy's smashed nose).

BTW Ronchi did his hammy tonight as well, so depending on the Bandy injury (he keeps at lower levels, doesn't he?) they may have to bring their rookie contract keeper in for the 20/20 games.

bandy gone for the season? heard he has a broken nose/cheekbone and bleeding behind the eye
Western Australia all-rounder David Bandy has suffered a fractured eye socket in the Ford Ranger Cup match with Victoria at the MCG on Saturday.

Bandy has a crack to the base of his eye socket, a cut and broken nose and bleeding behind the eye after being struck in the face by a delivery from Bushrangers quick Dirk Nannes.

The incident occurred on the final ball of the first over of the game.

Attempting to pull, Bandy missed and the ball crashed through the gap between the grill and the visor of his helmet, sending him crashing to the turf.

The game was stopped for several minutes as medical staff from both sides tended to the stricken Bandy.

Bandy walked off the ground with the assistance of a Bushrangers trainer and was sent to the Royal Victoria Eye and Ear Hospital.

It is not yet known how much cricket Bandy will miss.

Doctors are also yet to decide whether Bandy will require surgery or when he will be able to return home to Perth.

Good win for the Bushrangers, my first OD match live this season, McDonald was fantastic and Hussey was smart and controlled. Batting wasn't too flash with White and Hodge failing and the openers doing fairly poorly.

Highlight of the game was definitely when I convinced the DJ to play Never Gonna Give You Up (MCG, you got Rick Rolld).

bandy gone for the season? heard he has a broken nose/cheekbone and bleeding behind the eye

That's horrible news.

I thought it was 'just' a broken nose, but that diagnosis is pretty brutal.

Best of luck to him, hopefully his recovery goes well and he's back out there sooner rather than later.

BTW Ronchi did his hammy tonight as well, so depending on the Bandy injury (he keeps at lower levels, doesn't he?) they may have to bring their rookie contract keeper in for the 20/20 games.
Even if Bandy was available I seriously doubt he'd be asked to man the gloves for the T20s because of his importance with the ball. Getting Michael Johnson into the side wouldn't be the worst idea, he's been playing very well in grade and the CA cup this year, making some good runs. Bandy's injury probably opens the way to an extended run for Matty Johnston too, which I'd be rapt to see (admittedly in unfortunate circumstances).

From the sound of it, Bandy's injury is much, much worse than Liam Davis'. Davis only had a concussion and even that has kept him out this far, but the fractured eye socket sounds to me like a season ending injury.

Tough times for WA, but I still think we'll be right for the T20s.

Went down and watched after the dinner break. Wasn't the most interesting run chase, but it was good to see the Vics notch another win.

When Bandy went down you knew immediately he was in awful trouble. An absolutely terrible sight. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Vics will be happy to take the win, having made hard work of the chase.

Good win for the Bushrangers, my first OD match live this season, McDonald was fantastic and Hussey was smart and controlled. Batting wasn't too flash with White and Hodge failing and the openers doing fairly poorly.

Highlight of the game was definitely when I convinced the DJ to play Never Gonna Give You Up (MCG, you got Rick Rolld).

Haha, i was at the game and when it came on i was nearly in tears:p:thumbsu:

Sir you are a legend.

On the game i thought that Dirty Dirk was brilliant, that first over fantastic and he kept it up the whole game. Ronald Mcdonald got his best ever bowling and batting figures in the game and deserves man of the match. Hodge and Bobby Quiney were a little unlucky while Huss and harwood also played solid games.

On WA it's a pity bandy went down early as he was their in form player, however Voges tried hard while without north, the overrated brigade of marsh, pomersbach and ronchi struggled yet again. Seriously they need to be shown that their places arn't safe and send them back to the 2nd 11. Dorey and McGoffin were fantastic with the ball and swung the game the other way.

This was the last Vic game ill attend for a while as i am going overseas for the year soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good stuff from the Vics, shame for Mcdonald to get injured after getting us the win. The Rickroll did overshadow the onfield action though!

Anyone else hear that idiot on level three abusing Dorey after just about every ball?

I don't recall hearing of this. Can you please elaborate?

I mentioned it last night, and was going from this:

Over 41.1: Dorey to McDonald, SIX, appearing injured also, McDonald pulls a short ball all the way over mid wicket

Over 41.2: Dorey to McDonald, two runs, driven through cover

Over 41.3: Dorey to McDonald, no run, OUT, attempting to hit out due to his injury, McDonald edges to the keeper Pomersbach.

This was in 'The Age', this morning:

In a bizarre moment towards the end of the match, WA `keeper Ronchi and the Vics' McDonald both suffered leg injuries after the same delivery.
Ronchi went off the ground immediately while McDonald stayed at the crease without a runner and attempted to slog, until he became Dorey's fourth victim when he was caught behind.
With WA all out of fit men, assistant coach Mathew Inness substituted and took a catch to dismiss Hussey, and give Dorey figures of 5-48.
WA remain fifth on the table.
Bandy will remain in Melbourne until next week before he gets the all-clear to fly home.
His injury came a month after teammate Liam Davis was hit in the face by a Peter Siddle delivery in the Shield match against Victoria in Perth.
WA also confirmed Ronchi had torn his hamstring and would be sidelined for the rest of the year, which means a call-up for rookie `keeper Michael Johnson.
Voges said WA never really recovered from a bad start.
"It's been a tough day, things really haven't gone our way for most of it," he said.
"Losing Marcus before the game was a big loss and to be two down with DB off to hospital was not a great start.
"I thought it was a good batting wicket and we were 50 runs short to be honest.
"We bowled particularly well and created enough chances to win the game in the end, but if you don't take your chances and you give class players like Hussey and McDonald double chances then you're always going to struggle defending that total."
Hussey praised Victoria's bowlers for restricting WA, and said the Bushrangers were satisfied with a great first half of the season.
"We're playing some pretty good cricket so hopefully we can rest up some weary legs and go into next year full of running," he said.
"First up it's the Twenty20 and we want to hit the ground running there as well."
Victoria said McDonald had suffered cramp but would be fine to start the Twenty20 competition.

Good stuff from the Vics, shame for Mcdonald to get injured after getting us the win. The Rickroll did overshadow the onfield action though!

Anyone else hear that idiot on level three abusing Dorey after just about every ball?
hey mushda nd sherr the cat. I thought that at the beginning we were a bit unlucky in our run chase, with Quiney's ridiculous wicket, and hodgeys inside edge on to the stumps, but yeah we were always going to beat them once Huss and Ronny made a solid partnership.

There were two highlights at that game; The rickrolling of the MCG and that * Dorey guy who i kept swearing at (and I asked Brett Dorey whether I had permission to swear at him lol)

Haha, that guy in a blue shirt sitting alone, around about 3rd man??? Man, that was some funny s**t:D

Back