Autopsy Fremantle vs Carlton - JLT Round 3

Discussion in 'Fremantle' started by lw11, Mar 10, 2017.

Put it out there
  1. Carnthedockers

Carnthedockers Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I've realsed more than ever, that there's simply no substitute for raw talent. Look at Jarred Pickett. Bennell will add the polish that we need, and bring other players into the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Unique Name

Unique Name Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Every time the ball gets into his hands now I'm already assuming it's going to turn into a solid goal scoring opportunity... The opposite of what I felt when D Pearce got the ball in previous years.

Recruit of the off season......
    For Mayne.....:eek::D:cool:

Pls, pls, pls come good Bennell.

BHill, SHill, Walters, Bennell, Mundy, Weller, Crozier, Tucker - all good to excellent kicks of the ball.

mad4freo likes this.
  3. wayToGo_

wayToGo_ Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Don't worry Luke Ryan will be making his case pretty early for Peel, as might Hughes. And hopefully we'll eventually remember Crozier is good at half back as well. I can't see us winning too many games against half decent teams unless Sutty and Weller are playing well off half back and Ibbo is intercepting and moving the ball on quickly. If they aren't and we are losing there should be no reason not to try some of those other guys out.

4. rgauci

rgauci Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    DOCKERS
    Crozier will get his chance at half-forward will Ballantyne injured. He looked lovely against Collingwood in the 2nd half with Kersten off. The backline will be Dawson, Hamling, Johnson, Ibbotson, Spurr, Weller. I hope they gel.

5. Scham

Scham Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    We now need Ross to realise it. I think he's getting there with allowing DeBoer and Mz to be moved on and he seems to have lost patience with Shero and Suban, but he's hanging on to old mate Dawson like grim death.

6. Scham

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    Gelling is only one thing. Class is another. Intelligence is another. Quick thinking is another.

ImperialPurple likes this.
  7. Scham

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    Currently I rate our midfield an A-. Our backline a C and our forward line a C.

If Bennell is fit and firing the midfield goes to an A+ and the forward line goes to a B+. He's that good and that important to our success.

BleedPurple and Carnthedockers like this.
  8. rgauci

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    DOCKERS
    If those 6 don't gel.

Ryan Collins Nyhuis
    Hughes Uebergang Logue

Is a pretty impressive back up group. By the end of the year I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 of those 'backups' crack first 22.

9. Gussman

Gussman Senior List

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Do you guys think that Deluca or Grey will get a game with Ballas injured?

They would probably do a better job in that pressure forward role then Croz.

10. Dockernut

Dockernut Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Sharks. Anyone playing West Coast.
    I was wondering about this, because losing Balla is more than a small forward worth 1-2 goals per game. You lose defensive pressure in the forward half (admittedly his output has diminished on this front since 2014) and you lose a fairly solid high half forward contributor (like it or not he is an excellent field kick and a fairly reliable decision maker). So I think using that criteria it has to be Deluca. Grey strikes me as more of a small mid/defender who is less dangerous around goals.

Gussman likes this.
  11. nurries

nurries Premiership Player

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Freo
    Add Pierce to the backline and it goes to a B

Scham likes this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12. meesy

meesy Senior List

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Seems like we either have pure defenders with no skills then silky players who dont usually play defense. We need both attributes in our defenders.

For what it's worth I'm excited about logue; I cant wait to see him beating his man then launching a 60m torp finding billy in space at the forward 50 mark ...

13. Carnthedockers

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Completely agree. For the first time ever I've doubted his approach, and team selection. We desperately need a Jason Johansson type runner. We have absolutely no drive from the back line. I'm not sure how u can play Dawson and hamling in the same team..

14. Deveraux

Deveraux Team Captain

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    100% agree about it being time for Zac to go... especially now with Hamling. I know they were at the saints together but what is the actual go with Zac and Ross...

I'm usually very easy going and patient but if Zac is still playing when AP comes back I will be ropeable.

15. rgauci

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    DOCKERS
    You realize Johannisen himself is out of contract at year's end. Not to mention Marcus Adams.

Carnthedockers likes this.
  16. Carnthedockers

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Didn't know this. Really hope we chase him. WA boy too. Not sure if we need Marcus Adams as a priority, although I think there is a very good chance we could get him.

17. Scham

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    West Perth
    I think they,re in the mix but not being on the main list counts against them. I think Croz, Shero or Suban are better placed to come into the 22 for round 1.

18. Docker82

Docker82 Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Ross mentioned Grey in his press conference from memory. Also mentioned Sheridan, Crozier and Suban (please no). I'd go Crozier but we're going to need more goals from the midfield in the early rounds.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

19. meima

meima Norm Smith Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Don't think ross is serious about grey, as he is still on rookie list.

20. Docker82

Docker82 Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    He'd frustrate a lot of people with his kicking IMO. May better off with Crozier or another mid (probably Sheridan).

Not drafting another small forward (or even mid that'll start forward) could hurt us in the short term. Yarran and his troubles really is such a shame.

Unique Name likes this.
  21. Lachy96

Lachy96 Debutant

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    I completely agree, i was very suprised to see the negatives about tucker, during the game i was quite impressed with his run and skills, in particular a bullet pass he kicked right onto the chest of one of our players out of the midfield.

The kids only played 12 games, and in his first year too! Everyone needs to be patient because you dont become a great afl player over night.

Overall very pleased with how weller, tucker, blakely, and langdon are tracking, they are all becoming good afl players.

Deveraux, salim malik and E Shed like this.
  22. theGav56

theGav56 Brownlow Medallist

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    Fremantle
    I think he is serious about Grey BECAUSE he is still on the rookie list.

23. Screen Name

Screen Name Debutant

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    For all of Ibbotson desicion making weaknesses, if he can get back to that AA form he had a few years ago he would definetly be a massive plus to the backline. Even a slow pass after an intercept mark is huge. Intercept marking instead of spoiling is such an underrated part of the game imo. Saying that I agree with most posters about it being unlikely he hits that form again.

I'm starting to get worried about our forwadline now. Yarran, Bennel and Ballantyne all out from the starting 6. I really rate Blakely, but to think we have gone from the class of Yarran to having a bullooking inside mid play forward is quite sad.

Lachy96 likes this.
  24. DudleyDocker

DudleyDocker Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    NE Patriots
    You're very close to getting onto my shitlist meima

meima and theGav56 like this.
  25. DudleyDocker

DudleyDocker Club Legend

Fremantle
    Other teams:
    NE Patriots
    Brady's kicking is now approaching elite.

meima likes this.