Analysis Fremantle's point deficit - What happens if they get pick 1..?

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not so sure.

I believe Cal, might slid all the teams up a spot and looked at their new points value before deciding where Freo slotted in.

Because after paying their deficit, Freo had 1379, so should have always slotted in between picks 10 and 11, before the teams moved up a spot.

Pretty much how it’s always been done with residual points creating a new pick.

The whole argument re: pick 1 was that you needed the full point value of a pick to gain/retain it - not just more points than the next guy, because they had a pick, not points.

This official verdict says you do indeed only need more points than the next guy.
I do agree it looks like that.

I just wish Cal would have answered my question on Twitter way back when.

The whole argument re: pick 1 was that you needed the full point value of a pick to gain/retain it - not just more points than the next guy, because they had a pick, not points.

This official verdict says you do indeed only need more points than the next guy.
clear as mud 😂

briztoon little bit of humble pie on the menu for you after our debate a couple of days ago?! 😉
It appears pick one would have stayed pick 1 for freo after all.

briztoon little bit of humble pie on the menu for you after our debate a couple of days ago?! 😉
It appears pick one would have stayed pick 1 for freo after all.
If that’s the way it is, all I can say is I was going directly off what Twomey said.

As for humble pie. What’s to be humble about?

I can put my hand up and say I was going off wrong information, but I wasn’t giving an opinion or similar.

In previous years (and again here) it has always been that way. This is why I found it nonsensical that it was different for pick 1, if it indeed it is(was), which I believe would have been the case as normally if so many think an aberration that is counter-intuitive is the rule, it is normally because it is.

If that’s the way it is, all I can say is I was going directly off what Twomey said.

As for humble pie. What’s to be humble about?

I can put my hand up and say I was going off wrong information, but I wasn’t giving an opinion or similar.

You weren't alone, many thought it would be interpreted that way, despite acknowledging it didn't work that way with any other pick.
I reckon you were probably correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back