Rumour Future of the club (Bevo, board, assistant coaches, football department)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just entered the Bailey Smith signed football competition. I hope this boomer is lucky enough to win it.
#metoo

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hopefully the club dedicates the time required for a goal kicking coach needs.
If you're going to the trouble and expense to hire someone surley time will be allocated?

giphy.gif

Obviously you think with your tummy Chicago. I have heard about your famous meals and how they influence the results of games.

Dixon would be good in that role, he’s done it before and has some good, strong views on goal kicking and training for it.
Also big media presence which can’t hurt our profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not this boomer.

I was standing in the queue at Barkers Cafe with Bailey a couple of weeks before the first NAB Cup game of 2019 (no Jonno Patton anywhere in sight ;)).

Asked him how he was settling in.

He spent the next 10 minutes telling me how excited he was to be picked to play, how much he loved being at the club and how he couldn't wait for the season proper. Could barely contain his enthusiasm.

The media hype that has followed him since then is just that - hype.
He's a terrific kid with a great attitude. Can't speak highly enough of him.

I’m well and truly in the Boomer generation and I spend so much time defending him at the footy. Most of the loudmouths yelling crap at him aren’t boomers, they’re young smartarse supporters of the big clubs (who would love to have him). Our home game against the Pies was spent listening to a 20 something flog who infiltrated the member’s section on the wing whose best and most repeated zinger was “get a haircut Smith”.
After a while I said and what difference would that make. He said well you can’t say you like it.
I told him I thought it was amazing and maybe you should check yours in the mirror before you go out next time. He was really grumpy after that 🤪

I also heard Chris Appleton the British “hair stylist” to the stars such Kim K, Ariana G, etc say on tv last week how good his mullet is. That beautiful mullet has gone global.

And even more importantly you couldn’t get me into a shirt if I looked like that 😁

I've always wondered about goalkicking coaches being former players. Strikes me as the kinda role that would be better suited to a biomechanist in concert with a sports psych.

I've always wondered the same.

Dixon is a flog BUT he's been a contractor goal kicking coach around the league for a while.

I cannot remember for the life of me who he worked with and they improved out of sight? Was it Cloke?

He bangs on about thinking about your best sexual experience during the run up or something which seems to work lol.

Dixon is a flog BUT he's been a contractor goal kicking coach around the league for a while.

I cannot remember for the life of me who he worked with and they improved out of sight? Was it Cloke?

He bangs on about thinking about your best sexual experience during the run up or something which seems to work lol.

Gives "banana" a whole new meaning

This does not bode well for any of the virgin draftees

I've always wondered about goalkicking coaches being former players. Strikes me as the kinda role that would be better suited to a biomechanist in concert with a sports psych.
Sports psych definitely, I’d hope this is already apart of our overall player development though?

Biomechanist would be interesting, not gonna pretend to know full specifics on what that would mean, and Id definitely love to see the results if a club went that in depth with it. I think you’ve gotta be careful about overcomplicating on a technical level, what’s a pretty simple football action though.

I think an ex player who was good at the skill and knows the fundamentals and who is a good communicator is what you want IMO. Just someone who can work with the individual players to develop their own set routines and find what works for them, and it’ll be different for each. The main thing is just ensuring these guys know the fundamentals of what they should be doing, and stick to training that routine consistently. It’s obvious our guys don’t do that currently with the way they run in - just little things like run in straight at the goals ffs, head over the ball and momentum behind you. It’s ripe across the AFL but when you see guys walk slowly on an arc, lean back and try to hoof it off their final step it flipping blows my mind this hasn’t been picked up on and fixed.

Of course under match pressure it’s a different story but so long as they have that training behind them and the confidence in their routine that’s key.

Point being I think you want to keep things really bloody simple here, overcomplicating it will just have a negative effect IMO

I’m well and truly in the Boomer generation and I spend so much time defending him at the footy. Most of the loudmouths yelling crap at him aren’t boomers, they’re young smartarse supporters of the big clubs (who would love to have him). Our home game against the Pies was spent listening to a 20 something flog who infiltrated the member’s section on the wing whose best and most repeated zinger was “get a haircut Smith”.
After a while I said and what difference would that make. He said well you can’t say you like it.
I told him I thought it was amazing and maybe you should check yours in the mirror before you go out next time. He was really grumpy after that 🤪

I also heard Chris Appleton the British “hair stylist” to the stars such Kim K, Ariana G, etc say on tv last week how good his mullet is. That beautiful mullet has gone global.

And even more importantly you couldn’t get me into a shirt if I looked like that 😁

Collingwood supporter telling Smith to get a haircut....

1698303573243.jpeg

Trading for Harmes and Signing Geary just shows Dogs are sick of not having a tagging player

Really glad they finally figured that weakness out
Let’s hope so, watching Toby Greene in Ballarat and Jai Newcombe in Tassie was very very frustrating as a supporter. And how some clubs curbed Nick Daicos late showed it can be done.

Ben Dixon was the forward coach on The Recruit.
Matt Eagles won the series and was picked up by Brisbane by delisted.

Matt Eagles to the dogs confirmed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back