Autopsy Game of the Year So Far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks pies was a cracker but the importance of it for Hawthorn made it even better. It felt like a heavy weight champ who was on the ropes and the pies just couldn't land the knockout punch to end their reign. The Hawks have now got to the bell and can regroup to give it another crack.
Man, almost makes it tough to dislike Collingwood.

I thought last nights game was massively overrated. First half was meh, second half was awesome, the type of half I was expecting over the whole match.

Skills were average throughout the whole match, pressure was high though and that always plays a part. But for a close finish decided after the siren and a few solo efforts (heres looking at you Burgoyne and JSelwood), the match was pretty bland.

Last nights game was decent, but it was far from best of the year

Hawks games against us, Saints, Crows, Pies and Swans (away) were all arguably better, same with Geelongs against the Saints

Many others in this thread that have been said already were up there too.

Seems to be a common theme with the Hawks, Dogs, Swans, Saints, Pies and Crows, all have been involved in many close games this season, but have provided great entertainment also.

Well this isn't in any way objective but I think our round 6 game against the Hawks was a significant moment. A 12 goal win said something about our potential that has to worry other sides.
For any Aussie rules fan the Bulldogs game on Thursday night has to rate for the sheer spectacle of their midfield play under pressure.

Well this isn't in any way objective but I think our round 6 game against the Hawks was a significant moment. A 12 goal win said something about our potential that has to worry other sides.
For any Aussie rules fan the Bulldogs game on Thursday night has to rate for the sheer spectacle of their midfield play under pressure.

The spectacle aspect requires it to be a close game, I think.

Not as exciting when there is a pumping (despite most supporters enjoying our respective team's performances in those games).

For mine the Hawks Sydney game was the one. I was at the Tiges Sydney game at the G and the last quarter was pretty special.

Bump

Top 5 for mine (with bias)
1. Dogs vs GWS prelim
2. Cats vs Hawks QF
3. Dogs vs Sydney GF
4. Adelaide Sydney rnd 4
5. Collingwood Hawks rnd 23

Not enough bias for mine. :p

Dogs v Swans GF
Dogs v GWS PF
Dogs v Hawks SF
Dogs v WCE EF
Dogs v Swans Rnd 15

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another vote for the prelim. Awesome Game, gripping and tough from the first bounce to the final siren

No love for NicNats winner with 2 seconds left?

Pretty hard to say that it wasn't the best finish (although the Hawthorn-Geelong prelim possibly shades it - and come to think of it Sydney-Bulldogs at the SCG), but overall best game? Nah. Watched most of it and it was an excellent contest, but I don't think it quite reached the consistent heights of others mentioned.

I know the game ended up a bit of a blowout but I reckon one of the best halves I saw was the first half of Geelong-Sydney at Kardinia on a Friday night

Pretty hard to say that it wasn't the best finish (although the Hawthorn-Geelong prelim possibly shades it - and come to think of it Sydney-Bulldogs at the SCG), but overall best game? Nah. Watched most of it and it was an excellent contest, but I don't think it quite reached the consistent heights of others mentioned.

I know the game ended up a bit of a blowout but I reckon one of the best halves I saw was the first half of Geelong-Sydney at Kardinia on a Friday night

The first half was one of the best performances by a side this year, no doubt about it. Sydney had a few games with extremely impressive displays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back