Autopsy Game of the Year So Far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah a lot of really close matches, six teams on 40 points, I think this season is one of the most exciting I can remember. A lot of very close games between top 8 sides and in general, quite a few upsets. Next week is gonna be a cracker. The finals really do seem up for grabs.

Average game in the first half. Game opened up in the second half with neither team able to take control.

Yeah the first half both teams played average and then Bulldogs stood up midway through the third and Pies held on. Last quarter was awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those last couple minutes were infectiously frenetic, great show from two young, hard sides (which also appear to have good relationships with their coaches).

Along with Gold Coast vs GWS from last week, a worthy late season nomination to join some of those early season thrillers among the contenders. Given that all four sides should feature fairly highly in upcoming seasons, some good times ahead full of talent and character.

I suspect that Saints/Swans will finish as match of the day.

It was certainly my favourite finish since that marvellous Adam Selwood head high/NN ATS clutch winner/Brad Scott troll trifecta in 2013. Mr blink-free set-piece.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back