Autopsy Game of the Year So Far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last night's game was a ripper. I had Crows v Swans as number 1 for the year and I would keep it there (being a Crows fan and all) but that was pretty close

Sensational, hard footy! ebbed and flowed towards the end, Saints looked out on their legs only for 2 great goals in the last few mins and then to hold. A great result for the Crows too ;)

I was cheering the Saints like i'm Molly Meldrum

Yes for sure.

Non aligned fans always like to see the underdog prevail. Having said all that it was a pretty good game
I think for significance our game against the Hawks rates a mention. I dont think anyone at game could call it close and great sides tend to show cracks in stages on the way down.
Convinced me the Hawks wont win the flag this year, the best side in the comp simply would have found a way to do better. I do respect Hawthorn and they gave us Leon, just that all clubs go down eventually and will give indications early.

Is it game of the year because of who lost or who won? I think it might be the losing team that has made people happy ;)

It can be. But I also rate our game against the Hawks as one of the best of the year (quality wise) and that had an unfavourable ending for us....

But everyone loves the underdog winning no doubt. It's also especially juicy after you see the way some of their fans are posting (see Geelong 2007= Geelong 2016 thread) Plus the result for last night helped the Crows as a fellow top 4 contender had another unexpected loss :)

It can be. But I also rate our game against the Hawks as one of the best of the year (quality wise) and that had an unfavourable ending for us....

But everyone loves the underdog winning no doubt. It's also especially juicy after you see the way some of their fans are posting (see Geelong 2007= Geelong 2016 thread) Plus the result for last night helped the Crows as a fellow top 4 contender had another unexpected loss :)
It also means we're likely to finish this round on top. Unless of course there's another upset.

Nahh, fair way off game of the year. I only saw second half and it was great, but a bit off some others. Everyone loves seeing top of the ladder get knocked off. Thought that early season Crows/Sydney game in Adelaide was a cracker.

As a neutral, I thought Geelong vs St Kilda was game of the season.

Quality mixed with ridiculous and everything else in between.

It looked like the Saints would run away with it, then the Cats but that game had it all and was well worth the ticket as far as I'm concerned

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any love for last night's game? Was another ripper, with the result settled on the siren again.

our game in round 3 was far better IMO

Bulldogs / Hawks for me. Cracking game.

I didn't see the Crows / Hawks game so I can't comment on that, but I still will and still stick with Hawks / Dogs

I would totally agree with you, but...

for me the Game of the Year has to have a high rewatchability quotient, and I simply can't watch Bob do his knee over and over again.

Every Dogs fan still winces at the replay of that moment......

Now watch some idiot post a Gif of it.....

The quality of games has improved dramatically this year, but for me the Hawks-Crows game stands out. Friday Night at the G, high scoring and close finish. I didn't get to see the Demons-Kangaroos game earlier this year, but judging by the crazy scoreline it must have been a pretty quality game too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back