Autopsy Game of the Year So Far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah Nahhhhhhhhhhhh. You;re forgetting about Dean "Einstein" Towers' effort to help snatch defeat from the jaws of victory against the Tiges.
Its tough but liveable when you get done at the death by a great effort or a sliver of brilliance....self inflicted brain farts though make you want to gather a quick lynch mob and head for the change rooms.
He served his penance in the magoos...but we are still carrying a hangmans noose around with his name on it ;)

The first 10 minutes of the last quarter (GWS vs WCE) was absolute trash, great finish, not a great quality game.

Can't think of too many games that haven't had those rolling maul type periods this year...at some stage nearly every game, both sides dry up scoring and look to just regroup for a bit.

The top 5 games of 2016

1. Hawthorn vs Collingwood
2. Adelaide vs Sydney
3. St Kilda vs Geelong
4. Sydney vs Hawthorn
5. GWS Giants vs West Coast

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Adelaide v Sydney (We lost yes, but this is the best skilled game I've seen all year)
2. Hawks v Dogs (Brilliant game, sadly the injury curse started for the dogs this game and they haven't been the same since)
3. North v Dees (Flashback to the 90's. Comebacks, end to end footy)
4. Hawks v Crows (Controversial, high scoring, see-sawing match)
5. Hawks v Pies (Full credit to Collingwood for providing this contest with nothing to play for. Put Tigers and Dees to shame)

Worst games of the year
1. Collingwood v Carlton
2. Richmond v St Kilda
3. Carlton v Essendon (1st Game)
4. Geelong v Essendon (1st Game)
5. Melbourne v Gold Coast

Worst game = Saints v Richmond

Lowest combined score*
Lowest winning score*
Most turnovers in a game this year*
David Armitage 9 free kicks against*
Clangerfest*

I have never been disgusted and disappointed in a saints win until this game. Was laughable and 3 hours of my life I'll never get back.

Would've hated to be a Richmond supporter.

Hawks pies was a cracker but the importance of it for Hawthorn made it even better. It felt like a heavy weight champ who was on the ropes and the pies just couldn't land the knockout punch to end their reign. The Hawks have now got to the bell and can regroup to give it another crack.

Hawks pies was a *n corker. Bloody good those brown and gold campaigners.

One passage of play where they were backed up in defence and they somehow got through traffic with a terrific chain of handballs. Went the length of the field and conjured a shot on goal which I think they converted. Was in the last quarter, one of the slickest ball movements I've ever seen under pressure.

Hawks pies was a cracker but the importance of it for Hawthorn made it even better. It felt like a heavy weight champ who was on the ropes and the pies just couldn't land the knockout punch to end their reign. The Hawks have now got to the bell and can regroup to give it another crack.
Yep, nice summary.

Hawks pies was a ****n corker. Bloody good those brown and gold campaigners.

One passage of play where they were backed up in defence and they somehow got through traffic with a terrific chain of handballs. Went the length of the field and conjured a shot on goal which I think they converted. Was in the last quarter, one of the slickest ball movements I've ever seen under pressure.
The look on Bucks' face at the end just said 'how the hell do we beat this mob? We've thrown everything plus several kitchen sinks at them the last two times we've played them, but we still can't quite get there!'

You will get us at some point, probably next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back