Preview Gameday Thread. Hawks Vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible game really. Umps are playing a big role in it. Free kick count is higher than some games have in total. Really makes the game rubbish. I'll be the one that happily blames the ground and st floods tactics. Really makes the game look scrappy and amatuer.

So the ground is rubbish, umpires are pointing the wrong way and we are being forced to play St Kildas boring style of play. We need break the game open.

If the saints can force you to play their way, why can't you force them to play your way?

If the saints can force you to play their way, why can't you force them to play your way?

Go away troll.

Better quarter by Hawks. Reverse of first, we got more run but didn't convert. Misses by Birch and Ozzie and those two early gifts to Kosi (and another early Xmas present from Buddy to Zac) means we aren't a few goals in front.

Unfortunately we've learnt nothing from the geelong game, bad kicking is going to kill us again. It's just bad football really, hope i'm proved wrong but not good signs, especially with stkilda having the radars out

Im sick of these soft 50's being paid. Pathetic.

They may be soft, but thems the rules and Buddy needs to put the team first instead of himself - first free benefit of the doubt, second silly but the third time your just playing dumb.

"Don't come off this line or the quarter's over" quote douchebag. Lewis looks concussed :(

Hodge is superhuman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our tackle count is way down.

By the sounds of it the saints controlled the second quarter but we are only 1 point behind. If we can lift across the ground and increase the tackles especially coming out of our forward line then we could come away with this game - kicking straight will also be helpful.

I'm hating the players slipping over, and the umpiring has been too frequent, but I still feel we are possibly ontop. Need to use the ball going forward so much better!

For those without the TV coverage...

- Pretty scrappy match.
- At least 50 players have slipped over, mainly ours.
- Should be well in front with missed shots at goal.
- We are playing a bit like the dogs a when we played them. Lots of wasteful inside 50's.
- Rioli barely sighted.
- St Kilda playing on at every chance.
- Saints getting easy marks inside 50.
- Gibson doesn't look great.
- Stratton is on fire.
- Dal Santo coming off and on with a blood nose.
- St Kilda are finding too much space on the rebound.
- Hodge is in the votes again.

Not feeling good about our poor conversion rate. Granted some of the shots on goal where difficult, but they are opportunites regardless.

And with Kosi and Nic looking like they are being played into form, we could be in a little bit of trouble. On our end, Roughy is still missing getable shots and we don't seem to have any other tall targets up front with Buddy playing deep. Hopefully Buddy will starting pushing forward more and give Saints backline some headaches.

Comon Hawks! Big ACCURATE last half needed.

What's with Lewis? I don't think he touched the ball until the second quarter.

I may be wrong grizz, but I think he is/was playing on fisher and neither have had much of it.

We can win this. Buddy looked pissed at himself after Zac's goal and responded nicely....need a huge 2nd half from him if we are to get up.

Gibson is doing a decent job on Riewoldt but I have a feeling he or milne may get on top of us if Gibbo or Murphy lose touch of them.

Mid fields are breaking relatively even (haven't seen stats?) and the game has been a reasonably good one to watch though don't get me started on bloody McBurney!

Carn' Hawks!!!

Thanks HawksInspired.
Our love of points doing us in again I see...

Are we in it or is it just a matter of time before they break away & we can't hold on??

Buddy went down to the rooms after a slight hammy scare but is back up on the bench and looks likely to come back on. Goo needs to tighten up on shneider and the whole team needs to stem the flow until the last break...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back