Review GC vs West Coast round 11 @Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

My god supporting this team is ****ed up. We did everything to lose that game in the last quarter before Wrights kick. Nevertheless I was proud that we won our first ground out win of the year. The comment about the Sun's being like crack is 100% true. Crack would be cheaper and less harmful to my health though.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My god supporting this team is ****** up. We did everything to lose that game in the last quarter before Wrights kick. Nevertheless I was proud that we won our first ground out win of the year. The comment about the Sun's being like crack is 100% true. Crack would be cheaper and less harmful to my health though.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk
The Wright clutch goal was such a high though.

Reminds me of K Hunt v Richmond 2012.

We'll probably get no credit for this win

More understandable than usual I guess given how many opportunities there were to win and not taken

Thought we were the better team most of the day and seemed to win despite ourselves. The media story out of this will absolutely be about the Eagles. Probably fair enough since we stuffed up quite a bit.

Still had that 15 minute period at the start of Q4 where they kicked 4 goals.
Still had plenty of chances to hit a target in the last quarter and kept missing them, most of them badly.
Still have several good chances for goals that got butchered.

But the defence held up just enough (Leslie showing he should stay in the team) and the midfield won just enough ball in the last quarter to get us over the line.

Good to see Hanley get some of the ball at last. Made too many mistakes but also did a lot of good things and should be better for that game.
Good to see Lyons get plenty of contested possessions as well. His best game for us.

image.jpeg

Some pleasing stats

Won contested ball, won tackles despite being the worst team for tackle count in the comp

We are s**t! I have nothing else to add.
Want to revise that statement mate?

First game I've been to in a long time and it'll be well worth my sleep deprived night at work! Cracking finish to send my good West Coast mate home heartbroken.

Thank * we didn't have to play Kennedy though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back