Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
Firstly I'll just say that we were beaten by a better team today, and I'm an umpire myself but my god does that team get an amazing run with the umpires over there. I'm starting to understand how Kane Johnson feels, holding the ball just does't exist time and again they either dropped the footy or put it on the ground and slapped it away without any penalty, but when its stacks on with our bloke at the bottom we were penalised everytime. Throws, hands in the back and holds were ignored our way all day and you will never get a 50-50 decision go your way at Subiaco.

Some might say I'm just having a whinge and West Coast got them because they were simply first to the footy, however the same thing happens every week there for that to be the case.

The free kick count was 21 West Coast 8 Western Bulldogs early in the last quarter : I dont think it improved much
Not to mention the "hit the post" that the replay showed missed the post by almost a foot and the "play on" on the boundary line that was 6 inches over the boundary line.
I could keep on going about some very fragile in the backs and selective holding the ball's.
It's almost farcical the umpiring way out West.

The free kick count was 21 West Coast 8 Western Bulldogs early in the last quarter : I dont think it improved much
Not to mention the "hit the post" that the replay showed missed the post by almost a foot and the "play on" on the boundary line that was 6 inches over the boundary line.
I could keep on going about some very fragile in the backs and selective holding the ball's.

Actually, those two were correct decisions. The ball did slightly graze the post, and the one where Waters picked up the ball on the boundary line and gave the handball away was rightly called "play on". Remember, the whole ball has to be over the line. A small portion of it was clearly rolling along the outter paint of the boundary line.

Cooney's shot in the 2nd quarter did hit the post.

I have a feeling my neighbours will be wondering what was going on at my house. Yelling at the TV & cursing the umpires certainly got a good go today.

It does become demoralising when there's no reward for effort.

Yes, the commentators on Fox Footy made mention that the offending umpire will probably get a country stint of umpiring next week.

I thought it was that they said it definitely hit the post and the umpire WILL be umpiring next week...I myself thought it hit the post anyway in live play and was basically certain of it after seeing the replay.

The umpiring favoured them more than us, but posts like this which are completely inaccurate make you and hence us all look like whiners.

Early in the last quarter free kicks were 26-13.
Ball hit the post and the commentators said it was an excellent decision.
Beau Waters was very lucky that the ball did not roll completely over the line.

Exaggerating facts will never win a debate.

The umpiring wasn't the reason we lost the game.

I used to love the Bulldogs and the fans but the arrogance/whinging you lot have done this week has put me off. :thumbsdown: . Try losing with class guys

Try winning with class.

Take a leaf out of gunnar's book.

I did. You lot were fantastic today I thought and if you played more attacking footy you would of won but I wasnt the one saying we were gonna teach your lot a football lesson and im not the one here complaining about umpires when that had absolutely no effect on the result...

I did. You lot were fantastic today I thought and if you played more attacking footy you would of won but I wasnt the one saying we were gonna teach your lot a football lesson and im not the one here complaining about umpires when that had absolutely no effect on the result...
Might be my bad..., but who said we were dishing you a footy lesson?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually, those two were correct decisions. The ball did slightly graze the post, and the one where Waters picked up the ball on the boundary line and gave the handball away was rightly called "play on". Remember, the whole ball has to be over the line. A small portion of it was clearly rolling along the outter paint of the boundary line.

Like to see both replays again before I made a big call like you have

Dear Embers,

I would like the extra large slice of humble pie please.

Dear,

BT

... However, please dont hold threads like those against the generally very good posters this board has. A shame really these things happen. Dont know whether its drugs or whether the lack of 'emoticons' had anything to do with it. Either way, put your head up and it will get knocked off.

I used to love the Bulldogs and the fans but the arrogance/whinging you lot have done this week has put me off. :thumbsdown: . Try losing with class guys

Embers.. that thread made me shake my head too.. but please don't judge the whole club's supporters on the basis of some misplaced barracking on the main board from one or two dogs fan. I'm sure they got flamed there for it and are looking very silly now in any case.

I think the number of posts on here this arvo are testament that most were impressed and envious of your teams performance today.
Any anger over the free kick count needs to be placed in perspectice... noone was saying it was the deciding factor.
I think though there is increasing anger overall amongst all club supporters this year with the inconsistency in umpiring decisions within a game.. Personally I feel the intepretation to the holding the ball rule and hands in the back rule are making the game harder to umpire and causing alot of the inconsistency during game.
Again the best team clearly won today, and most dogs supporters would agree with that.

I have a feeling my neighbours will be wondering what was going on at my house. Yelling at the TV & cursing the umpires certainly got a good go today.

It does become demoralising when there's no reward for effort.

My neighbours were probably wondering the same thing.
I usually dont get too upset about umpiring, but today the lack of consistency from the umps was frustrating.

Our friends from the West were definitely the better side today and should have won by more - but its rubbing salt in the wound to have another display of crap umpiring thrown in.

The post on the main board is just BS.

Who was arrogant here? One newby poster? After losing by 70+ in the last finals, I don't think any of us were confident.

Arrogant is believing you didn't get a good run with the umps. You were the better side and deserved to win but you guys get a 1 free for every half free while we got 1 free for every 2 that were there.
The funnier part is the WA crowd boos the umps.

Don't judge us all based on a newbie's thread.

I think you'll find that most of us will acknowledge that you guys were better on the day and umpiring didn't cost us the game, nevertheless its still extremely frustrating. And the thread starter clearly acknowledged that West Coast deserved to win the game.

I can see where you're coming from, but IMO a very unfair post.

so u guys got "screwed" by the west coast ruling too huh?

the one where you get called for holding the ball in a second of a tackle being laid, and players like judd and kerr get 3-4 seconds to dispose of it - see? kane johnson wasn't lying!

do u think eade will get a fine for his comments too?

good performance anyway doggies, i know it counts for little when you lose, but you arent far off the mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back