Geelong and Sydney - can anyone stop them?

Remove this Banner Ad

We're in round 8 of 24 which is a 1/3 rd of the season so plenty of footy left.

In round 8 2022 Cats where 5th and Sydney 6th. No one probably had both them as making the GF that year at that point in time.

Geelong will be very easy to stop, they will be lucky to make the 8 and i follow them!

No they won't.
We have now banked in early wins and while injuries are beginning to mount, we are still sitting in a very favorable position. Over the next month, we lose a couple more games but the opposition below us will also suffer injury setbacks. By the time we have re-found our mojo, it will be the perfect time to pounce on those teams who are feeling it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No they won't.
We have now banked in early wins and while injuries are beginning to mount, we are still sitting in a very favorable position. Over the next month, we lose a couple more games but the opposition below us will also suffer injury setbacks. By the time we have re-found our mojo, it will be the perfect time to pounce on those teams who are feeling it.
I'm not sure Geelong had any mojo in the first place this year, they picked up some cheap wins and a couple against teams that were not in form. If they played Adelaide or Brisbane this week they would be creamed. As it is the Suns will roll them pretty easily, it's a good thing they play North again and West Coast in the final game, they might eek out one or two more wins and get 10 or 11 for the year.

I'm not sure Geelong had any mojo in the first place this year, they picked up some cheap wins and a couple against teams that were not in form. If they played Adelaide or Brisbane this week they would be creamed. As it is the Suns will roll them pretty easily, it's a good thing they play North again and West Coast in the final game, they might eek out one or two more wins and get 10 or 11 for the year.
You're always the quickest to meltdown as soon as there is a sign of turbulence, after being bullish before. We're 2-2 having gotten through 4 games of this tough 6 game run. A comfortable win, a close win and two close losses.

Geelong will continue to have a bunch of close games and probably finish closer to the 15/16 win mark than 10/11. 3rd-6th is my best estimation of ladder position. Guess it's gonna be an old "bookmark this" situation.

Absolute worst case scenario is 12 wins

Impossible for Geelong to drop any of
Richmond at GMHBA
Hawthorn at GMHBA
Bulldogs at GMHBA
North at Blundstone
West Coast at GMHBA

I don't like Sydney being talked up. We got talked up a few weeks ago and we somehow lost to Richmond. No club drinks their own bathwater more than the Swans so I prefer no one talks us up :p
A bathwater drinking contest?

8py0by.jpg

No way this is only a two horse race.

Sydney look a level above right now, as did GWS a month ago, and to a lesser extent Geelong. So much more to unfold.

I also put Collingwood, Melbourne and Carlton as other teams right in the mix who could win the flag and could 'stop" the 2 mentioned. Need to see a bit more of Essendon, but they are obviously doing great things too.

As it is the Suns will roll them pretty easily,

That's garbage!
We may lose but I will be shocked if we are beaten easily. Remember, we gave Port Adelaide a 50 point head start and reeled them back in and almost drew the game had an advantage call been allowed.

I also put Collingwood, Melbourne and Carlton as other teams right in the mix who could win the flag and could 'stop" the 2 mentioned. Need to see a bit more of Essendon, but they are obviously doing great things too.

I still like GWS. They are in a real form slump right now but will come storming home in the back half of the season.

Collingwood are the one to look out for. So much experience and their game style stands up in crunch games.

Dad's army will be run off their legs
Considering our only 'old' players who have impacted every week are Stewart & Cameron, I find this hard to believe.

Dangerfield the other, who's already missed 5 of the 9 games.

You can't have it both ways. Hawkins, Duncan, Touhy, & Stanley can't be cooked and unplayable, and then suddenly irreplaceable. It's one or the other.

Anyone who's actually watched Geelong this year would know the team is being driven by Zuthrie, Miers, Henry, Stengle, Bruhn, Bowes, Holmes, and the aforementioned Stewart & Cameron.

That's garbage!
We may lose but I will be shocked if we are beaten easily. Remember, we gave Port Adelaide a 50 point head start and reeled them back in and almost drew the game had an advantage call been allowed.

I still like GWS. They are in a real form slump right now but will come storming home in the back half of the season.

Collingwood are the one to look out for. So much experience and their game style stands up in crunch games.
I would say 15 goals is a pretty easy defeat. Geelong are absolutely gone in 2024 and they are not much better than North or West Coast. They won't win 10 games for the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back