Toast How can this Sydney side be stopped

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm complaining that the umpire swung the game and gave a free goal when the free wasn't there. If Buddy didn't flop and the umpire didn't give Sydney a free goal and momentum then May wouldn't have dived. It all started from the horrific call by Stevic
Last night proved once again that it’s not the umpires causing Melbourne to fade away as the game goes on …..

Last night proved once again that it’s not the umpires causing Melbourne to fade away as the game goes on …..
True. Last night, we just played like trash and kicked our way out of the way with poor goal kicking. a horrendous game. We'll bounce back with a healthier list next year. 10 guys went in for scans during the week. not ideal. When you lose to Brisbane, you know something is up.

True. Last night, we just played like trash and kicked our way out of the way with poor goal kicking. a horrendous game. We'll bounce back with a healthier list next year. 10 guys went in for scans during the week. not ideal. When you lose to Brisbane, you know something is up.

If your liking of fantastical excuse making is similar to the mindset around the Melbourne club, you guys are in for some very lean years if you can't be honest with yourselves

If your liking of fantastical excuse making is similar to the mindset around the Melbourne club, you guys are in for some very lean years if you can't be honest with yourselves
Out of interest, where do you think we'll finish next year?

We've got a good defence, good midfield and a non existent forward line with no key forwards. All we need to do is bring in 1 semi decent forward. We'll be top 4 favourites for the flag next year according to all the sports betting agencies.

I think you're underestimating how we lost those finals. You're just looking at the results and not how we lost. As well as our injuries and poor goal kicking accuracy. If we play Syd and Brisbane again, we still go in favourites. Upsets happen in sports. No need to read too much into it.

Swans will feel uneasy if they play Collingwood in the Prelim IMo.

Pies always play well against the Swans up there.
A few years ago I definitely would have agreed with you Elmer but both sides have changed their game styles a fair bit in recent seasons and I think we match up pretty well on them now.

Time will tell of course but I don’t fear them the way I did back when they used to beat us for fun

I can't believe the dees beat themselves twice in a row. Nothing to do with how Berry won 22 second half touches of his own while keeping Oliver to 9.
Like clockwork

A few years ago I definitely would have agreed with you Elmer but both sides have changed their game styles a fair bit in recent seasons and I think we match up pretty well on them now.

Time will tell of course but I don’t fear them the way I did back when they used to beat us for fun

Helps that Lumumba no longer plays for them as he used to always tear the Swans a new one. I think Roos struggled stopping Lumumba more than he struggled stopping Ablett Jnr.

Helps that Lumumba no longer plays for them as he used to always tear the Swans a new one. I think Roos struggled stopping Lumumba more than he struggled stopping Ablett Jnr.
Jolly used to lift whenever he played against his old team mates as well from memory

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DeGoey the late out, and Ginni injured didnt help.

We had to play all 3 of Bianco, C.Brown and Carmichael...hopefully only one will be in the 22 for the PF.
I’m not saying you’re a pushover. Should be a torrid affair. Just that the other poster was saying you “play well against us in Sydney” and yet I felt we never had to get out of second gear the other week.

I was at that game. Pies were very flat. After the game it came out that multiple players had the flu (and the coach).

It's always funny when that gets trotted out, like for us after our loss to Port.

here's a river for you to cry into. you can guess which one.
shutterstock-52802881.jpg

we will be the underdogs by the time the ball bounces
🤣🤣

Dunno about underdogs. But this is a line ball game. Bookies have got this badly wrong. 1.40 the swans?? Give me a break. Geel v coll was the game of the season, and pies lost in a bob of the head job, so to speak. They then murdered Fremantle as form dictated they would. Swans beat melb, who were then bundled out. The geel v coll form is the strongest form line by a mile . Going to be a cracker

🤣🤣

Dunno about underdogs. But this is a line ball game. Bookies have got this badly wrong. 1.40 the swans?? Give me a break. Geel v coll was the game of the season, and pies lost in a bob of the head job, so to speak. They then murdered Fremantle as form dictated they would. Swans beat melb, who were then bundled out. The geel v coll form is the strongest form line by a mile . Going to be a cracker

Interesting take

Out of interest, where do you think we'll finish next year?

We've got a good defence, good midfield and a non existent forward line with no key forwards. All we need to do is bring in 1 semi decent forward. We'll be top 4 favourites for the flag next year according to all the sports betting agencies.

I think you're underestimating how we lost those finals. You're just looking at the results and not how we lost. As well as our injuries and poor goal kicking accuracy. If we play Syd and Brisbane again, we still go in favourites. Upsets happen in sports. No need to read too much into it.
The Demons were also poor against reasonable sides throughout the Home & Away season - it's not as though the finals series was just a dismal couple of weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back