Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing well and the style of play is great to watch. Name me the last premier though that was clearly the best team in March though. Most recent flags have been won by team who built up their season and started coming to their peak in August.

Nevertheless, good luck to them. Some very likeable personnel on their roster...particularly their 2 most senior coaches. So as has already been flagged, we'l be claiming some of the success if it comes.
Nah we'll just subtract success from Hardwick. Pie McRae clearly the brains behind that operation. No grown man who wears a visor could ever come up with a premiership gameplan ;)

Grundy sleeping well tonight …
The Gods definitely aren’t smiling upon Collingwood.

#1 ruck in Cameron, #2 ruck in Cox, #3 ruck in Begg. #4 ruck is a teenager who is too green. Then the part time ruckmen in Krueger and Kelly also out injured.

Never going to make excuses for losses because Lions were the deserving winners, but hilarious turn of events for Collingwood after offloading Grundy.

Can't wait for David King or some other bozo on Fox Footy to start some "Is the Pies style of footy sustainable against the elite?" narrative despite jerking them off for the first 3 weeks.
Media being fickle? No! Never!

Slow the game down and turn it into a slower slogfest. Pies are too small and too weak on ball for the big units of the competition like Trac, Clarry, Cripps etc.

Every time the Lions tried putting any speed on the game the Pies looked dangerous on rebound. Whenever they played to the stoppages and contests in the air the Pies looked docile and uninspiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow the game down and turn it into a slower slogfest. Pies are too small and too weak on ball for the big units of the competition like Trac, Clarry, Cripps etc.

Every time the Lions tried putting any speed on the game the Pies looked dangerous on rebound. Whenever they played to the stoppages and contests in the air the Pies looked docile and uninspiring.
I love ya Walshy, but you’ve got NFI about footy.

Matched them with contested possession, and lost clearances by 9 courtesy of the Big O having 11 of his own against part time ruckmen.

Tom Mitchell, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury and Jordan de Goey are way too small and weak! I wish they’d give you a gig in the Carlton coaches box.

Bookmark round 10.

Breaking ….The Carlton / Collingwood footy-fest will be played over two days.

First half - day one, 100k crowd.

Second half - day two, 103k at Le G.

A TV Crowd of billions. Nobody in the streets, bars full & silent with anticipation for the great game.

Alas, Collingwood hearts will explode like the Hindenburg in 1937.

Oh the humanity!

Attachments

• 56D46439-15C0-4F7E-AEEA-8B84BB9A89DB.jpeg
    56D46439-15C0-4F7E-AEEA-8B84BB9A89DB.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 15
Nothing wrong with the footage? Perfectly fine with Nick tripping over to get outta the way?
The fact you’re fixated on that one small clip vs the dozens of others in his 38 possession game which included 16 contested, 12 score involvements, 5 clearances and 2 goals validates my point.

Also, no, no issues with a 20 year old, in his second year, shrieking a contest. He is still on track to being a champion. If you think otherwise, that’s your prerogative.

Nothing wrong with the footage? Perfectly fine with Nick tripping over to get outta the way?
It's horrible footage, the more it gets played, the better.

Nick has to ask himself some hard questions after that one.

He can still have a great career while being soft but there won't be any flags.

Harden up Nick!!

The fact you’re fixated on that one small clip vs the dozens of others in his 38 possession game which included 16 contested, 12 score involvements, 5 clearances and 2 goals validates my point.

Also, no, no issues with a 20 year old, in his second year, shrieking a contest. He is still on track to being a champion. If you think otherwise, that’s your prerogative.
Fixated?

I just posted something I thought interesting. You're the one carrying on about it. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back